• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccine mandate for all state workers in Washington State

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well what are the risks?
Not just to yourself, we are a social species.
Somebody’s grandmother comes into your store to buy a Christmas gift for her grandson. They contract the flu from a worker just trying to make ends meat. Grandma dies from complications of the flu. Is it worth it for the employee to ignore public health in that scenario? Maybe.
Would it be worth it to her grandson?
Could that death be needless?
I’m not saying charge the employee for murder or anything. Poor person is just trying to be fed. I’m just saying everything has a consequence eventually
Perhaps the solution relies more on helping the employee be secure in a paycheck even when sick and health benefits?
Though asymptomatic cases of COVID are a wrench thrown in the mix, to be sure

Well if the employee is in fact in a position where they have very minimal contact with the public, then a mandatory mask if in direct contact with someone else seems perfectly sufficient enough.
(Excepting medical conditions.)
Though I’m no scientist

A casualty in containment of a deadly world wide pandemic. Is the US offering like benefits for those who have lost income due to COVID. Like extra income or tax breaks or whatever extra social security stuff you guys have for those affected? Australia is but I can’t speak on how effective it’s been for the affected. Just that it must suck

Wait your SSI would be subject to mandatory vaccines? That’s like a social security thing right? That seems a bit odd. Then again maybe it’s the same for Centrelink here idk. I don’t think it is. Unless the government can prove you aren’t seeking a job properly due to not taking the vaccine I suppose. But that sounds way too costly for the yobbos in head office to even try it.

Hmm. I can’t comment, because I don’t know how it would work

Well those workers, if that’s all the responsibility they have, could make a case for exemption.
I’m sure a lawyer could settle that easy peasy

Vaccines are never an individual position. Well the consequences rarely are.They are a public health medication (for lack of a better phrase.) They work entirely on herd immunity. I can’t change that. That’s just reality.
So they will inevitably be treated differently.
If they worked the same way like Penicillin did then fair enough. But they just don’t.
None of them do. Though some may grant you more leeway than others

If it comes to that, then I’m sorry. Public health takes precedence. I mean if the mom and pop store kill half their customer base, how long would they even survive in the long run anyway?

I’m not sure what will happen in the future. Where I live it hasn’t come to such questions. In my neighbouring state it actually has and people have just had to deal with the consequences. To be vaccinated or prolong the death of their community. That is their reality. I wish it weren’t but sometimes in life you just have to suck it up and do what you gotta do. Not vaccinating in certain scenarios is just throwing a tantrum like a baby. I’ve known plenty of people who, at great risk to themselves, vaccinated without complaint. Well okay they ranted to me, but otherwise. They did the adult thing. That’s not a jab at anyone here, mind you. That’s just my perspective of my own community.

Oh my goodness. I'll reply much later on my break. But I'm just sharing my opinion.

Who exactly are you saving?

Edit
You must be mindful I'm in the states

No one shoe fits all

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh my goodness. I'll reply much later on my break. But I'm just sharing my opinion.

Who exactly are you saving?

Edit
You must be mindful I'm in the states

No one shoe fits all
I’m not saving anyone. I’m merely engaging in common intellectual exercises to gauge your position. Though admittedly I am quite stupid

If you don’t mind me saying as an outsider, the US approach to healthcare seems rather cruel. Not just the pandemic either. I mean this idea that if one does get sick, then they can pay for it. Seems a bit harsh to me

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I’m not saving anyone. I’m merely engaging in common intellectual exercises to gauge your position. Though admittedly I am quite stupid

If you don’t mind me saying as an outsider, the US approach to healthcare seems rather cruel. Not just the pandemic either. I mean this idea that if one does get sick, then they can pay for it. Seems a bit harsh to me

It is but there's nothing we can do. So there should be a balance since we are not in immediate danger just potential danger, if one likes. That would be crazy that we feel we can control the virus. US doesn't take care too much for their poor. My brother is homeless cause of the pandemic. Long term affect from a short term possible solution......

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
It is but there's nothing we can do. So there should be a balance since we are not in immediate danger just potential danger, if one likes. That would be crazy that we feel we can control the virus. IF we did US doesn't take care too much for their poor. My brother is homeless cause if the pandemic. Long term affect from a short term possible solution......
I’m terribly sorry about your brother’s situation.
There are people I care about who have suffered because of the pandemic. It isn’t easy to watch our loved ones suffer
I’m trying to be impartial, though obviously failing at trying to make sense of our current reality.
One of those weird little “tics” I have is trying to dissect problems. Right now vaccination is an issue where I live. One way or another.
So if you feel like I’ve been unfair to you here, I do apologise.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That is not really a choice because people need to work to live.
So people have a right to employment?

Cool if you actually think that, but recognize that it would imply many more things than just this (e.g. that "at-will" termination should be banned).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
COVID-19 vaccine mandate forcing Washington state employees to make a decision

Some longtime employees are considering quitting rather than getting the shot.

According to Inslee’s office, there will be no alternative for workers who do not want to get the vaccine, meaning those who still choose to not get the shot will no longer be employed with the state or private business.

Two state employees, who did not want to be identified over fear they would lose their jobs if they were identified, said they are contemplating quitting.

“I don’t believe it’s right,” said one woman, adding she has worked in public service positions for nearly 30 years.

She said retiring early would impact her retirement benefits. But she’s thinking about it. She doesn’t consider the vaccine to be safe.

“I feel I have 27 days to make a decision,” she said, referring to when she would have to initiate the vaccination process to be fully vaccinated by the governor’s deadline of Oct. 18.

Under the emergency order, 40,000 state employees and 400,000 health care workers would need to have their second vaccine by Oct. 4 to be fully vaccinated by Oct. 18.

"He [Inslee] is getting tons of pushback. Nobody wants the vaccine," said one man who said he has worked for the state for 20 years.

The man said he’s thinking about quitting, but may try getting a religious exemption to avoid having to be vaccinated. He believes it’s not safe.

The proclamation does not cover separately elected officials, according to Inslee’s office, nor any boards and commissions or K-12 and higher education institutions. However, the state is urging these groups to adopt an approach similar to Inslee’s approach.

According to Inslee’s office, employers will be responsible for verifying employees’ vaccination status.

The state said it is not opting for a “vaccination or test” approach because it has not seen success in curbing the virus in places like Department of Corrections buildings and long-term care facilities. The plan would also cost The only exemptions will be for those who have a religious or medical reason for not getting vaccinated.

The only exemptions will be for those who have a religious or medical reason for not getting vaccinated.

COVID-19 vaccine mandate forcing Washington state employees to make a decision | king5.com

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Have you asked him for forgiveness for helping - in your own small way - to prolong and worsen the pandemic?

Thanks. The government provided federal workers temporary hotel housing. I think a month. He lives in his car now. I think he has some form psychosis from trauma and probably worsened cause of situation.

I don't know if he vaccinated but knowing him he's health germ conscious he did not. I can't imagine.

Oh... I thought you asked something different. No. I wouldn't know why but asking our mother or she apologize may help him.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I’m terribly sorry about your brother’s situation.
There are people I care about who have suffered because of the pandemic. It isn’t easy to watch our loved ones suffer
I’m trying to be impartial, though obviously failing at trying to make sense of our current reality.
One of those weird little “tics” I have is trying to dissect problems. Right now vaccination is an issue where I live. One way or another.
So if you feel like I’ve been unfair to you here, I do apologise.

It's just the general feel of hate from the vaccinated and you can see it on TV, YouTube even,news, RF, and so forth. I keep thinking if they made the virus disappear how are they going to fix our economy? Business are practically begging to hire.

It's not that I don't care about people dying from COVID. I just don't highlight so much to degrade other people's sufferings close to home. Maybe if I came face to face with it it would be a tad different. But not insofar vaccination is concerned.

I don't believe you can justify hate by saying "X many people are dying in this pandemic."

Can't justify hate from one party, segregate them, then tell others you want to save their lives as long as they're not unvaccinated. The whole thing is a mess.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
It's just the general feel of hate from the vaccinated and you can see it on TV, YouTube even,news, RF, and so forth. I keep thinking if they made the virus disappear how are they going to fix our economy? Business are practically begging to hire.

It's not that I don't care about people dying from COVID. I just don't highlight so much to degrade other people's sufferings close to home. Maybe if I came face to face with it it would be a tad different. But not insofar vaccination is concerned.

I don't believe you can justify hate by saying "X many people are dying in this pandemic."

Can't justify hate from one party, segregate them, then tell others you want to save their lives as long as they're not unvaccinated. The whole thing is a mess.
Hate can be motivated by a lot of things. Frustration, loss, even hubris.
There is a history behind this attitude I think, that predates COVID by a long shot. I mean the anti vax movement did help bring back long “dead” viruses, viruses amongst children no less. Measles, polio, chicken pox etc. That can cause a lot of very bad resentment among folks, especially since such diseases are entirely preventable in this day and age.
And I know there are people who are not vaccinating who are not part of the anti vax movement, but the association will still be strong to folk observing this.

I don’t hate anyone who chooses to not get vaccinated. But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel frustrated at the pandemic being prolonged. Mostly by folks who actively demonstrate (riot) against lockdowns. Like I saw happen in NSW and Victoria recently, super spreader events that just caused more suffering in the long run. Those people I hate.
The people opting out of vaccination? Maybe I feel some mild frustration, but that might have more to do with my immediate impatience at having to deal with masks and lockdowns and this pandemic in general. But I don’t hate them

Last edited:

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
What you read on the links I posted is not everything. Today everyone in my agency got an e-mail from the director announcing that everyone working for the state will have to get vaccinated by October 18 or lose their job. This includes people who are permanently working from home, as I am. This is ridiculous, but I have over two months to figure out what I am going to do about it, so no hurry.
All right. This is bureaucracy at it's best. Those at the top need to think about this further. Your director has no choice, I think, as the word has passed down. It's possible this could be revised later, but maybe not. You need to think further about calling this dictatorship, though. See my private conversation post to you.

Truthseeker

No I do not trust the 'experts' Duane. Look what the doctors did to you with those drugs. They nearly killed me back in the 1980s with antidepressants. I am only still alive today because of homeopathy. Why should I trust the experts? Oh, it is not a drug, it is just a vaccination, and an experimental one at that. :rolleyes:

This is not like drugs with the kind of side effects like you like you and I have had.

COVID-19 vaccination will help protect you from getting COVID-19. You may have some side effects, which are normal signs that your body is building protection. These side effects may affect your ability to do daily activities, but they should go away in a few days. Some people have no side effects.

Serious side effects that could cause a long-term health problem are extremely unlikely following any vaccination, including COVID-19 vaccination. Vaccine monitoring has historically shown that side effects generally happen within six weeks of receiving a vaccine dose. For this reason, the FDA required each of the authorized COVID-19 vaccines to be studied for at least two months (eight weeks) after the final dose.

What to Expect after Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine

As to protection for people of our age group:

Among adults aged 65–74 years, effectiveness of full vaccination for preventing hospitalization was 96% for Pfizer-BioNTech, 96% for Moderna, and 84% for Janssen COVID-19 vaccines; among adults aged ≥75 years, effectiveness of full vaccination for preventing hospitalization was 91% for Pfizer-BioNTech, 96% for Moderna, and 85% for Janssen COVID-19 vaccines.

Effectiveness of COVID-19 Vaccines in Preventing...

Truthseeker

Who is around me Duane? Nobody except at the grocery store twice a week. So I am not helping anyone. I am not against masks as they are not going into my body and they protect me and anyone I might see in the grocery store. Lewis wants us to get N95 masks and that is a good idea.
Sorry, a bad idea to bring that up.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No I do not trust the 'experts' Duane. Look what the doctors did to you with those drugs. They nearly killed me back in the 1980s with antidepressants. I am only still alive today because of homeopathy. Why should I trust the experts? Oh, it is not a drug, it is just a vaccination, and an experimental one at that. :rolleyes:
"Experts" are easily bought off, and corrupted, too. I personally don't see why anyone would believe what the US government and corporate media tell them as they been caught in so many lies over the decades, anyway. I mean, the Bush admin lied infront of the world and Congress to get us to illegally invade Iraq. Funny how everyone has such a short memory.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
"Experts" are easily bought off, and corrupted, too. I personally don't see why anyone would believe what the US government and corporate media tell them as they been caught in so many lies over the decades, anyway. I mean, the Bush admin lied infront of the world and Congress to get us to illegally invade Iraq. Funny how everyone has such a short memory.
Out of curiosity what did Bush lie about?
I’m a bit too young to truly remember the Iraq war. Just bits and pieces from the news

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you think experts are easily corruptible, just look at their
alternative, eg, talk radio show hosts, talk radio show guests,
pastors, movie stars, internet posters.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
COVID-19 vaccination will help protect you from getting COVID-19.
So will staying isolated.
I'm not worried, I was never worried. Everyone lives in constant fear, they are motivated by fear, but I'm not.
You may have some side effects, which are normal signs that your body is building protection. These side effects may affect your ability to do daily activities, but they should go away in a few days. Some people have no side effects.
I am not worried about side effects, I am worried about long-term damage to my health.
Serious side effects that could cause a long-term health problem are extremely unlikely following any vaccination, including COVID-19 vaccination.
But still possible. Sorry, no thanks.