• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UUA's Advocacy News Online

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, no. :( We'd had a lot of problems with RSS feed thingy... so I believe Todd completely removed it.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Maize said:
Unfortunately, no. :( We'd had a lot of problems with RSS feed thingy... so I believe Todd completely removed it.
Aw... bummer. :(

Oh well. I'll put it up elsewhere. :D In the meantime, have all of you nice UUs signed up for advocacy news? (hint, hint??)

Oh, and I'm not sure if it's kosher to post ads on RF so I didn't but the Washington Office is hiring!! There are three positions opening up, so if you're looking for a job and willing to move to DC, and are interested in doing advocacy work, check out the listings on the website. (www.uua.org/uuawo/new). (You do have to be a UU.)

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Support Comprehensive Sexuality Education!

On Monday March 26th, Unitarian Universalist (UU) and United Church of Christ (UCC) youth, young adults and adult supporters will be in Washington DC lobbying their Senators and Representatives for the first ever federal funding stream for comprehensive sexuality education programs; programs that can help young people make educated decisions regarding their sexual health.

Join UUs and UCCs from across the country in a Congressional Call-In Day on Monday March 26th. People of faith from across the country will call their Senators and Representatives asking them to support the Responsible Education About Life Act (REAL). These calls will increase the strength of our lobbying voices and the power of our message. Distribute fliers downloadable from our home page on Sunday the 25th to organize your congregation/youth group/social action group to participate in the Call-In Day and add your voices to our lobbying efforts.

To participate in the call in day, call the Capitol Switchboard (202) 225- 3121 on Monday March 26th and ask to be connected with your Members of Congress. Identify yourself as a person of faith and a constituent. One suggested script is: "I'm calling to ask for the Senator's support of the REAL Act which would provide federal funding for comprehensive sexuality education programs. As a religious person I'm outraged that we're failing to protect the health of our nation's young people by funding abstinence-only programs that promote medically inaccurate information. Please co-sponsor the REAL act today."

To send an email to your Members of Congress please visit: http://www.democracyinaction.org/di...campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=4939&t=campaign.dwt

For other advocacy that you can do this week:
http://www.democracyinaction.org/di.../comments.jsp?key=399&blog_entry_KEY=22596&t=