• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Law about divorce: spouse's duties

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I agree sex is a natural thing. Pooping is also a natural thing. However, when you force someone into sex against their will, it is like pooping on them against their will.
So if my husband won't satisfy me sexually...it is me at fault?
LoL
He has the right to say no...but has the obligation to divorce me as a consequence.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Meredith Kercher's case. The British family Kerchers are angry with the Italian judicial system because they are convinced Amanda Knox is guilty, but we cannot sentence a girl when there is insufficient evidence to incriminate her.
Laws present in codes deprive judges of absolute power.

British judges and law were not involved in the Amanda Knox case. However American legal pressure certainly was.

I have no Idea what the outcome would have been had it been tried in the UK. But it would not have been the media circus that it became, that would be illegal here.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
British judges and law were not involved in the Amanda Knox case. However American legal pressure certainly was.

I have no Idea what the outcome would have been had it been tried in the UK. But it would not have been the media circus that it became, that would be illegal here.
It was not a favor we did to Americans. After all, Raffaele Sollecito was unjustly accused too and he was Italian.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
LoL
He has the right to say no...but has the obligation to divorce me as a consequence.
That's between you two to work out. If you can't work it out between yourselves, then sure, get legal help.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
LoL
If you are not gainfully employed and are staying home to take care of children, then he might be obligated to buy you a vibrator. If you are gainfully employed, then you can buy your own.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If you are not gainfully employed and are staying home to take care of children, then he might be obligated to buy you a vibrator. If you are gainfully employed, then you can buy your own.
A plastic device is not the same as a man's thingy...
U know....man's smell is unreplaceable:p:yum::yum:

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I was wondering what the American law says about the kind of duties the two spouses are obliged to fulfil in the matrimony contract.

Let's analyze this fictitious case:

What does the US law say? Federal and local.
There is now a no-fault law. One can divorce on the grounds of irreconcilable differences.

suncowiam

I was wondering what the American law says about the kind of duties the two spouses are obliged to fulfil in the matrimony contract.

This will go to the supreme court, where it will win 5 vs 4 because the conservative judges will rule that God demands Jonathan has sex with Claire, so they can proliferate more kids only to give them up to adoption and let the state foster children system take care of them.

I'm pretty sure this will be the case here in the US. And sorry about the run-ons.

Bob Jones

Prove It!

Remember there are 50 different states in the US all with different variations of divorce. One thing for sure stay out of Louisiana, they still use the French model of divorce law!