• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Universe’s Expansion Win Physics Nobel

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If you combine this with the possible error in the speed of light theory, we might be in for a few more surprises.

The Qur'an is not a scientififc text book, nor an authority on scientific matters.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Nobel Physics Prize honours ‘Expanding Universe’ find - The Economic Times

unfortunately, this doesn't agree with the scientific miracle in Qur'an, which suppose that the universe will return back to the beginning point.

Unfortunately, your childish jibe is just that: childish.

In 1998 the rival teams both announced something utterly unexpected: Compared with closer supernovas, distant supernovas were dimmer than existing theories would predict. Instead of slowing, the expansion of the universe was found to be accelerating. It was later shown that the expansion started about 4.5 billion years ago, around the same time that the solar system formed.

[source]
If an acceleration can start billions of years after the Big Bang, I know of zero evidence indicating that it cannot subsequently stop or reverse. Neither do you.

So your petty attempt at polemic turns out to to be worthless.

Photonic

Ad astra!
I know of zero evidence indicating that it cannot subsequently stop or reverse.

Thankfully I know of plenty of evidence.

Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Big_Bang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_an_expanding_universe

I don't really feel like explaining all the infinite little details but if you want me to answer anything you are confused about after reading those I'll certainly do so.

Last edited:

Photonic

Ad astra!
I apologize, I decided to add on to the reading after I realized I would simply be raising more questions than answering.

your childish jibe is just that: childish
What I see childish here is your reply. The Islamic scholars said many times that the Big Crunch is well described in the Qur'an- 21:104

"The Day when We will fold the heaven like the folding of a [written] sheet for the records. As We began the first creation, We will repeat it. [That is] a promise binding upon Us. Indeed, We will do it".
يوم نطوي السماء كطي السجل للكتب، كما بدأنا أول خلق نعيده

But after the new discovery there is no room for such explanation, nevertheless I received today an-Email says (noble prize goes for an expansion universe),it is in Arabic, then I checked Google, so I found hundreds of Arabic sites celebrating, because this fact was mentioned in Qur'an 1400 years ago in Qur'an 51:47 And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander.
والسماء بنيناها بأيدٍ وإنا لموسعون

And they ignored the conclusion of new discovery.