• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

2ndpillar

Jesus rules in heaven eternally but Jesus will never rule on earth.
According to Psalms 110, the LORD rules in heaven and on earth, and the Lord (son of man) will sit at his right hand, until the LORD makes the Lord's enemies into a footstool for is feet. It is the LORD who rules, it is the Lord, who will sit at his right hand, until his enemies have been made into a footstool. At which time, the Lord (son of man) returns and rules from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:16 & Ezekiel 37& Matthew 24:29-30 & Revelation 20:4).

Revelation 20: 4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
According to Psalms 110, the LORD rules in heaven and on earth, and the Lord (son of man) will sit at his right hand, until the LORD makes the Lord's enemies into a footstool for is feet. It is the LORD who rules, it is the Lord, who will sit at his right hand, until his enemies have been made into a footstool. At which time, the Lord (son of man) returns and rules from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:16 & Ezekiel 37& Matthew 24:29-30 & Revelation 20:4).
Jesus was the Son of man but Jesus is not the Lord. God is the Lord.

2ndpillar

Jesus was the Son of man but Jesus is not the Lord. God is the Lord.
The son of man, is to be made Lord/King (Ezekiel 37:24). The LORD, all caps, as in YHWH, is the LORD. The son of man, is the seed of David, known as the Lord, will establish "his kingdom". The LORD is spirit. The Lord is a son of man, and will rule over the sons of men. (Revelation 19:15)

Psalms 110:1 The LORD says to my lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”

2 Samuel 7:12​

ESV When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The son of man, is to be made Lord/King (Ezekiel 37:24). The LORD, all caps, as in YHWH, is the LORD. The son of man, is the seed of David, known as the Lord, will establish "his kingdom". The LORD is spirit. The Lord is a son of man, and will rule over the sons of men. (Revelation 19:15)
Ezekiel 37:24 in Other Translations 24 “My servant David will be their king, and they will have only one shepherd. They will obey my regulations and be careful to keep my decrees. 24 My servant David will be king over them. They'll all be under one shepherd.

This does not refer to Jesus.

jimb

Premium Member
I do not believe that the following verses are false, but if they are true that means Jesus is not going to return to this world, as Christians believe.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

No more means no further, never again.

no more

1. nothing further.
    "there was no more to be said about it"
  2. no further.
    "you must have some soup, but no more wine"
  3. exist no longer.
    "the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"
  4. never again.
    "mention his name no more to me"
  5. neither.
    "I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Definitions from Oxford Languages
You do not understand verb tenses!

Re John 14:19: "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more" means very soon many people will not see Jesus, but that does not mean that He won't return.

Re John 16:10 and John 17:11: same thing, except it's present tense

If I say that I want no more dinner, does that mean that I will never eat dinner again? Same principle.

"No more" means... no more.

Your misunderstanding is caused by the translation that you're quoting. Here are those verses from a modern translation, the NIV.

John 14:19, "Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live." future tense
John 16:10b, "... because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer"
John 17:11, "I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name"

Or if you prefer, the NRSVue.

John 14:19, "In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live."
John 16:10b, " I am going to the Father, and you will see me no longer"
John 17:11, "And now I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one, as we are one"

It is a common error to create false doctrine by misunderstanding early 17th Century Englyshe.

2ndpillar

Ezekiel 37:24 in Other Translations 24 “My servant David will be their king, and they will have only one shepherd. They will obey my regulations and be careful to keep my decrees. 24 My servant David will be king over them. They'll all be under one shepherd.

This does not refer to Jesus.
This refers to the seed/son of David, which according to Matthew 1:1 & 6 & 2 Samuel 7:12 & Mt 21:9, would be Yeshua, who will rule the kingdom when he returns (Mt 24:29-30 & Ez 34:23 & Rev 19:15 & Zech 14:16). This is all accomplished after the "fat" "shepherds" are judged with destruction. (Ez 34:16). The "fat" shepherds would be those who did not feed, brought back, nor heal the sheep.

2 Samuel 7:12
ESV When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.

Matthew 21:9

The crowds going ahead of Him, and those who followed, were shouting,
“Hosanna to the Son of David;
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord;
Hosanna in the highest!”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Re John 14:19: "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more" means very soon many people will not see Jesus, but that does not mean that He won't return.

Re John 16:10 and John 17:11: same thing, except it's present tense
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

no more

1. nothing further.
    "there was no more to be said about it"
  2. no further.
    "you must have some soup, but no more wine"
  3. exist no longer.
    "the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"
  4. never again.
    "mention his name no more to me"
  5. neither.
    "I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Definitions from Oxford Languages

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This refers to the seed/son of David, which according to Matthew 1:1 & 6 & 2 Samuel 7:12 & Mt 21:9,
6 ... He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Baha'u'llah's geneology can be traced back, without equivocation, to Abraham and Keturah, King David, and the Sassanian kings of Persia (see Daniel). The Baha'i administrative order, ordained and outlined by Baha'u'llah, was established by Baha'u'llah's great-grandson, Shoghi-i-Rabbani, which literally means the Zeal of the Lord in Arabic.

A geneological chart can be viewed at this website; however, while the chart itself is accurate (with the exception of the "presidents" listed at the bottom), please know that the site is in NO way affiliated with the Baha'i Faith's Universal House of Justice in Haifa. Another source that might be of interest zeroes in on the connection between the Persian king Cyrus the Great and the Israelite Hasan, joining the two dynasties. It is found at this prophecy-fulfilled website.

home
would be Yeshua, who will rule the kingdom when he returns
No, it will not be Jesus.

2ndpillar

6 ... He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Baha'u'llah's geneology can be traced back, without equivocation, to Abraham and Keturah, King David, and the Sassanian kings of Persia (see Daniel). The Baha'i administrative order, ordained and outlined by Baha'u'llah, was established by Baha'u'llah's great-grandson, Shoghi-i-Rabbani, which literally means the Zeal of the Lord in Arabic.

A geneological chart can be viewed at this website; however, while the chart itself is accurate (with the exception of the "presidents" listed at the bottom), please know that the site is in NO way affiliated with the Baha'i Faith's Universal House of Justice in Haifa. Another source that might be of interest zeroes in on the connection between the Persian king Cyrus the Great and the Israelite Hasan, joining the two dynasties. It is found at this prophecy-fulfilled website.

home

No, it will not be Jesus.

Not exactly right. The Lord will go away (Hosea 5:15), in as "I will go away and return to my place until they (Judah and Ephraim) acknowledge their guilt.... Hosea 6:2," He will revive us (Judah and Ephraim) after two days (2000 years)... that we may live before him", as for the LORD, a day is as a 1000 years. As for the "genealogy" of Baha, the narrative of the Muslims is that there is no unbroken geneology between Mohammad and Ishmail, and the only scriptural and physical link is with Edom (book of Obadiah), which foretells the destruction of Edom. Daniel 2:45 details the destruction of all the kingdoms, including Persia (breast of silver). You might search for a rock to hide under. (Rev 6:16)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Not exactly right. The Lord will go away (Hosea 5:15), in as "I will go away and return to my place until they (Judah and Ephraim) acknowledge their guilt.... Hosea 6:2," He will revive us (Judah and Ephraim) after two days (2000 years)... that we may live before him", as for the LORD, a day is as a 1000 years. As for the "genealogy" of Baha, the narrative of the Muslims is that there is no unbroken geneology between Mohammad and Ishmail, and the only scriptural and physical link is with Edom (book of Obadiah), which foretells the destruction of Edom. Daniel 2:45 details the destruction of all the kingdoms, including Persia (breast of silver). You might search for a rock to hide under. (Rev 6:16)
Baha'u'llah has already fulfilled all the prophecies for the return of Christ:

Thief in the Night by William Sears

2ndpillar

Baha'u'llah has already fulfilled all the prophecies for the return of Christ:

Thief in the Night by William Sears
No he hasn't. Revelation 19:15 specifically has Yeshua (the Word made flesh), the "Word of God" (Rev 19:13) subduing the "nations" with a "rod of iron", something Mr. Baha never did, nor has Mr. Baha ruled as "king" from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:16), nor has he been the lone "shepherd" with regard to Israel (Ezekiel 34:23-24), nor has he returned "on the clouds" per Matthew 24:29-30), etc. Virtually no one knows of Mr. Baha, nor do they care, and his impact on the world is less than minuscule. His Marxist agenda only appeals to those who want what others have, and although a potential windfall of people, his competition, as with the Progressives and Communist, have him outgunned.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I’d say that one does not need to be a spiritually “chosen” individual of sorts, to understand Scripture spiritually. But scripture -like all text- can be approached from many different, [non-spiritual] angles too (historical, cultural, linguistic, geographical, etc.) and there is no spiritual significance to be found from such perspectives.

All text is contextual, taking its meaning from the context applied. Apply a mundane context to poetry, for example, and you’ll likely get bar humbug; apply a psychological one to it and psychological meaning emerges from those very same poetic sentences.

In other words; to grasp the spiritual meaning of Scripture does require wanting to understand its spiritual meaning. That is, thinking in spiritual terms as opposed to mundane ones when reading it.

Humbly,
Hermit

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No he hasn't.
You can cherry-pick verses that you believe show that you are right, but I cam not going to bother reading them because I know that what I believe is true.

You are free to believe whatever you want to and you will. I am not going to argue with you.
Christians will continue to wait until hell freezes over for Jesus to return in the same body and FIX everything that is wrong in this world. Meanwhile the conditions on earth are going to hell in a bread basket. I consider waiting for Jesus to be immoral, but there is nothing I can do about it and it is not my responsibility.

Christians will continue to wait for the same Jesus to return to earth for one reason and one reason alone, because they are emotionally attached to the IDEA of the same Jesus returning to earth, so in their minds it cannot be another man who is the return of Christ. But Jesus never promised to return, not even once in the New Testament. Jesus said his work was finished here and he was no more in the world. You cannot change what was canonized into your own Bible and it has one plain meaning.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to judge the earth and establish an earthly Kingdom

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

Last edited:

2ndpillar

You can cherry-pick verses that you believe show that you are right, but I cam not going to bother reading them because I know that what I believe is true.

You are free to believe whatever you want to and you will. I am not going to argue with you.
Christians will continue to wait until hell freezes over for Jesus to return in the same body and FIX everything that is wrong in this world. Meanwhile the conditions on earth are going to hell in a bread basket. I consider waiting for Jesus to be immoral, but there is nothing I can do about it and it is not my responsibility.
According to Yeshua, and the prophets, hell/sheol/grave, is not going to freeze over. According to Zechariah 14, the LORD is going to bring the nations against Jerusalem, and as we see today, Judah (Jews) are then going to burn them up per Zech 12:6, as we see today being done to Iran/Persia, and the LORD will destroy them will a plague in the category of radiation poisoning (Zech 14:12). Believe as you will, but I would suggest you start looking for a rock to hide under, or a cave to hide in.

Zechariah 14:12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Believe as you will, but I would suggest you start looking for a rock to hide under, or a cave to hide in.
I suggest you do the same, but not for the same reason.

“The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 118-119

2ndpillar

I suggest you do the same, but not for the same reason.

“The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 118-119
The paradise of those who choose a life of lies, lies outside the gates of the New Jerusalem (Rev 22:15). It will be a place of "weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Mt 13:42). What is coming is that the dead will rise, and the LORD is coming to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity (Isaiah 26:19-21). Judgment for the nations is coming, which is known as the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:30-3:8). A time when even kings will hide themselves in caves and among the rocks (Revelation 6:15). What type of Dokha was Baha smoking? Dokha - Wikipedia

1713652079941.png

Revelation 6:15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

Isaiah 26:…19Your dead will live; their bodies will rise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in the dust! For your dew is like the dew of the morning, and the earth will bring forth her dead. 20Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourselves a little while until the wrath has passed. 21For behold, the LORD is coming out of His dwelling to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity. The earth will reveal her bloodshed and will no longer conceal her slain.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The paradise of those who choose a life of lies, lies outside the gates of the New Jerusalem (Rev 22:15).
The Baha'i Faith defines paradise as recognition of Baha'u'llah as the Manifestation of God for this age.

Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 303

“The Pen of the Most High hath, at all times and under all conditions, remembered, with joy and tenderness, His loved ones, and hath counselled them to follow in His way. Well is it with him whom the changes and chances of this world have failed to deter from recognizing the Day Spring of the Unity of God, who hath quaffed, with unswerving resolve, and in the name of the Self-Subsisting, the sealed wine of His Revelation. Such a man shall be numbered with the inmates of Paradise, in the Book of God, the Lord of all worlds. Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 340-341

2ndpillar

The Baha'i Faith defines paradise as recognition of Baha'u'llah as the Manifestation of God for this age.

Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 303

“The Pen of the Most High hath, at all times and under all conditions, remembered, with joy and tenderness, His loved ones, and hath counselled them to follow in His way. Well is it with him whom the changes and chances of this world have failed to deter from recognizing the Day Spring of the Unity of God, who hath quaffed, with unswerving resolve, and in the name of the Self-Subsisting, the sealed wine of His Revelation. Such a man shall be numbered with the inmates of Paradise, in the Book of God, the Lord of all worlds. Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 340-341
Seems like the guy thinks a lot of himself. I wonder if he has a pain in the side.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Seems like the guy thinks a lot of himself. I wonder if he has a pain in the side.
No, Baha'u'llah was a Servant of God just as Jesus was. Everything that Baha'u'llah did He did for the sake of God, just as Jesus had done.

“Who can ever believe that this Servant of God hath at any time cherished in His heart a desire for any earthly honor or benefit? The Cause associated with His Name is far above the transitory things of this world. Behold Him, an exile, a victim of tyranny, in this Most Great Prison. His enemies have assailed Him on every side, and will continue to do so till the end of His life. Whatever, therefore, He saith unto you is wholly for the sake of God, that haply the peoples of the earth may cleanse their hearts from the stain of evil desire, may rend its veil asunder, and attain unto the knowledge of the one true God—the most exalted station to which any man can aspire. Their belief or disbelief in My Cause can neither profit nor harm Me. We summon them wholly for the sake of God. He, verily, can afford to dispense with all creatures.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 85

2ndpillar

No, Baha'u'llah was a Servant of God just as Jesus was. Everything that Baha'u'llah did He did for the sake of God, just as Jesus had done.
The false prophet Paul also claimed to speak for God, yet it was Satan who gifted him a pain in the side. What people claim and what is, are two different things. Iran said that Israel didn't hurt them in any way as for this week, whereas you can look at surveillance photos, which will present the other side of the story. According to Daniel 2:45, Persia (Iran), Iraq (Babylon), Russia/Rome (Czar/Caesar), Greeks, will all be taken down at the same time. Your Haifa Center may not do well in the interim as it is a bit close to Lebanon.