• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Underrated faves

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What’s a movie you hold dear but think got unfairly maligned or dismissed? Either at the time or in hindsight?
Cult classics apply but I’m looking for movies you enjoyed that nobody seemed to like
For me it’s the Jetsons movie from the early 90s
Corny and kind of dumb. I have a lot of nostalgia for it. And it’s for little kids so who cares really?
I remember loving Baby’s Day Out. Objectively an awful movie but ehhh. I was like 5 when I watched it so of course I liked it.
I don’t mind Ferngully. Preachy and dumb but again I was like 5 when I watched it.

On a more serious note. I still really like Baz’s Romeo + Juliette. The main actors could have been better but it’s still Shakespeare. It’s still brilliant dialogue and fun writing.
Shawshank Redemption got a well deserved cult classic status, imo. Such a good film

What are some of yours?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I liked Hindi film Guide, Kagaz ke phool, Sahib Bibi aur Ghulam, some short films created recently, but I don't collect that in my memory. I enjoy and forget. If I happen to see that again, I enjoy it again. My film days have been over for decade.
English films for scenarios and action, not for any story; and of course, Jumanji, Juasic Park, Museum, Home Alone, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Harry Potter along with my grandsons. Silly, is it not?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A melange of several movies.....
- It's A Wonderful Life
- It Happened One Night
- The 3 Stooges
OIP.O62z2UtsYSV9KHAFSHIweQHaK-

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What’s a movie you hold dear but think got unfairly maligned or dismissed? Either at the time or in hindsight?

In no particular order:
  • Silent Hill (immensely atmospheric and poignant)
  • Godzilla: King of the Monsters (absolutely epic movie!)
  • The Thing (now considered a horror masterpiece but was panned on release).