• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unconditional love?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow seekers

Just found another gem online. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have - so far -

For a little taste -

Make no strained attempt to “cultivate” unconditional love, an effort that can only ever be superficial and unfruitful. That is not how these things work.

Instead, be willing to notice – to feel, in a bodied way – those moments when need or fear enters the picture. The initial clue will doubtless not have need or fear tattooed on it. What you’ll perhaps notice is restriction of some kind, the rising of anger or superiority, the feeling of recoiling, of being wounded. Stay with it. See what else may be there . . . deeper. Be gentle but persistent. Allow yourself to become aware of underlying beliefs — things you never even realized you “believed,” because you just took them for granted as “the truth” (like “people shouldn’t behave this way”). Such discoveries can have enormous liberating power. All kinds of lights can come on, if you’ll be patient, if you’re willing to linger in discomfort. Allow the space for all of it.

It's a rather long article so if you have a short-attention-span ...

Unconditional Love and the Surrender to Fear by Jan Frazier

If you are still curious - check-out the menus at top-of-page!

Enjoy your browsing!

:)

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Not to be controversial, but what's so good about unconditional love?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Personally I don't believe unconditional love actually exists.
It's an ideal, an expectation we think would be good to implement.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Well ... just look at the world where most people's love is conditional. It's a madhouse!

It causes so much tension because somewhere deep inside all of us we secretly yearn for things to be SO much better.

There are few real examples of unconditional love so it is easy to be skeptical.

It needs to be experienced to be truly transformative. No end of theorising will do the trick.

Wishing you and all my readers all the very best!

:)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Personally I don't believe unconditional love actually exists.
It's an ideal, an expectation we think would be good to implement.
The topic is interesting but I'm thinking if a person steals my money, poisons my children, kills my pets, (and more) I should still have unconditional love for that person, whatever that means anyway?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans said love owned no condition it is naturally innate in biology.

Animals proved it to us by behaviour.

Theists humans placate conditions to try to take natural from its self ownership.

Who lied claiming God was love.

Gods conditions in natural creation anything created kills us.

A human living agrees that love is not to destroy as it is our experience.

So we knew the uncondition of love no condition existed and gods status never loved us.

If a human theories I want to uncondition the condition love self expressed they used fear to try to have us not use a loving status.

Having no status except in biology as what lives as a lesser form before our whole form is a lesser love by animals.

Theists think back to higher yet lesser forms in theology.

Higher by I want to gain a power by mass meaning a greater mass yet sealed it is less destructive than a human scientist.

God supporting you before is hence a lesser love in a lesser body the animal.

The argument God proved it never loved you ...animals can love you or kill you. Choice. So can earths body spirit.