• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unconditional Love

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"Unconditional" might not be the best name for it, but I think the love you're talking about is the altruistic love that comes and goes like a breeze, that refreshes us like a breeze, that cannot be willed or forced to happen, that seldom lasts very long when it does appear, and that now and then returns.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I suppose you love unconditionally while others don't? But why then are you bitter? If you really do love unconditionally, then you love even those who do not love you. And if you're deluding yourself about loving unconditionally, then you're no better than those who love you. So, where does the bitterness come from? Does it come from wanting to be loved unconditionally, but not to yourself love unconditionally?

I am sure others are capable of loving unconditionally, but for the longest time (and even still now) I do not love myself. I never really have. I have been hurt a lot, and I hold many resentments because of it (whether warranted or not). In other words, I probably don't see it.

I don't think that I love unconditionally either, I know for a fact that I don't. I do strive towards it as an ideal though. Much like a Christian pursues the idea of being Jesus-like.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Unconditional love is the 11th dimension, it is one of the first parts to heaven. Within it being a dimension we see it interwoven into all of life, such as many animals falling in love, etc. ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do you think it exists? Where does it come from? Why does it exist?

Unconditional love exists. It varies from person to person because our
upbringing is different. Unconditional love could be more of gratitude to others and putting other people before yourself. I believe it exists because I assume we have a natural tendency, even if its hard to show, to have some form of gratitude even if its a smile for getting ice cream, for something someone else has done for you. So, the unconditional love is living that gratitude not for the sake of yourself only but for the sake of others. It's loving others without anything in return and without knowing them to judge whether you should love them or not. Love for humanity, but in a personal way.

All humans have the ability to do this. I don't know if there would be any debates, if we got to that point of loving each other for their differences and learning from each other as well.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I am sure others are capable of loving unconditionally, but for the longest time (and even still now) I do not love myself. I never really have. I have been hurt a lot, and I hold many resentments because of it (whether warranted or not). In other words, I probably don't see it.

I don't think that I love unconditionally either, I know for a fact that I don't. I do strive towards it as an ideal though. Much like a Christian pursues the idea of being Jesus-like.

Thank you for your considerate reply. Sorry to hear of your hurts and wounds. Even sorrier to hear you don't love yourself. Good luck in that!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Unconditional love is the 11th dimension, it is one of the first parts to heaven. Within it being a dimension we see it interwoven into all of life, such as many animals falling in love, etc. ;)

May I ask what method or procedure for obtaining knowledge allowed you to arrive at those conclusions?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Unconditional love exists. It varies from person to person because our upbringing is different. Unconditional love could be more of gratitude to others and putting other people before yourself. I believe it exists because I assume we have a natural tendency, even if its hard to show, to have some form of gratitude even if its a smile for getting ice cream, for something someone else has done for you. So, the unconditional love is living that gratitude not for the sake of yourself only but for the sake of others. It's loving others without anything in return and without knowing them to judge whether you should love them or not. Love for humanity, but in a personal way.

All humans have the ability to do this. I don't know if there would be any debates, if we got to that point of loving each other for their differences and learning from each other as well.

Are you saying that unconditional love for you is the same as gratitude? Just curious.

wizanda

Premium Member
May I ask what method or procedure for obtaining knowledge allowed you to arrive at those conclusions?
Saw it during my NDE; which was as such an ascension through the quantum dimensions, thus have tried to quantify it all. :)

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Do you think it exists? Where does it come from? Why does it exist?

What is generally referred to as 'unconditional love' is not unconditional at all. I don't know whether you mean just that or something else. If you could clarify what you consider to be 'unconditional love' I could perhaps give a better answer.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
People say they uncondtionally love their children; yet if it was unconditional, why don't they love other peoples children as well. ;)

Exactly why I have said that what is generally considered to be 'unconditional love' is not unconditional at all.

wizanda

Premium Member
For unconditional love to be true, it also has to be beyond linear time and instead be infinite. :innocent: