• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unauthorized Reproduction Bill

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
The Crime of "Unauthorized Reproduction"

New law will require marriage as a legal condition of motherhood

By Laura McPhee

Republican lawmakers are drafting new legislation that will make marriage a requirement for motherhood in the state of Indiana, including specific criminal penalties for unmarried women who do become pregnant "by means other than sexual intercourse."

According to a draft of the recommended change in state law, every woman in Indiana seeking to become a mother through assisted reproduction therapy such as in vitro fertilization, sperm donation, and egg donation, must first file for a "petition for parentage" in their local county probate court.

Only women who are married will be considered for the "gestational certificate" that must be presented to any doctor who facilitates the pregnancy. Further, the "gestational certificate" will only be given to married couples that successfully complete the same screening process currently required by law of adoptive parents.

As it the draft of the new law reads now, an intended parent "who knowingly or willingly participates in an artificial reproduction procedure" without court approval, "commits unauthorized reproduction, a Class B misdemeanor." The criminal charges will be the same for physicians who commit "unauthorized practice of
artificial reproduction."
Ahh, they'll have such fun if this one's passed... they can slam the dirty lesbians that want kids and the single women that want children at the same time. :banghead3

ayani

further proof that we are, in fact, living in a theocracy here in the states.

and by that i mean a country where law is goverened by specific religious values, of a specific brand of religion.

hey, i just live here. i don't make the dang rules. and no, i'm not leavin'.

The Black Whirlwind

its only a matter of time before all this stuff passes. This country is predominantly christian, and they are going to get their way sooner or later.

Pah

Uber all member
TheJedi said:
its only a matter of time before all this stuff passes. This country is predominantly christian, and they are going to get their way sooner or later.
Not as long as I have voice

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
As I said in another thread, I know I have a tendancy to start carrying on in a Chicken Little-type state, but I'm really starting to feel sick with worry over stuff like this.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I wouldn't worry about it, Feathers... if it does get passed, it'll get smacked down, and smacked good. It's just neocons trying to stir things up.

Apotheosis

Yep no need to worry about it, unless it gets passed, at which time you might want to join the other 150-200 million concerned citizens in a lawsuit, or protest.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
That has got to be the stupidest bloody thing I've ever read. It astounds me that there are people who actually spend their time thinking this crap up. And the bloody gall that people who may be great parents once again miss out if they don't pass the criteria for adoption.
This doesn't even affect me, and it makes me quite cross.:mad: :149:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Freedom......what freedom?

Another nail in the coffin of freedom, this time aimed at Gays who want families.

Terry______________________-
Blessed are those who bring peace, they shall be children of God