• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UKIP implosion?

Sultan Of Swing

Over the past few days, starting really with Patrick O'Flynn (who has now been sacked), UKIP's leader Nigel Farage and his campaign team has come under intense criticism from a number of members (I understand not the majority). O'Flynn described him as snarling and thin-skinned. UKIP's Nigel Farage 'must face leadership contest' - BBC News

Most recently, UKIP's only MP came out with the following: UKIP's Nigel Farage should take a break - Douglas Carswell - BBC News

It will be very unfortunate if after 20 years of waiting to leave the European Union, on the eve of an EU referendum that is only coming to fruition because of their influence, UKIP fractures and becomes weak at such a crucial time when eurosceptics need a strong voice to argue for the 'Out' vote.

Opinions on this whole debacle? On these 'revelations' concerning Nigel Farage? Should he step down, should he hold a leadership election, or as he himself stated on question time, just stay in the job during this crucial time of a EU referendum? What is the future of this party?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
You know what they say, **** eventually dries up and blows away. The same is true for UKIP.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
with Patrick O'Flynn (who has now been sacked)

Sacked? Where's the source for this?

Should he step down,

Absolutely not. Unanimously, Farage needs to remain as the Ukip leader, lest the party blows into invisibility.
This whole "civil war" has been totally blown out of proportion--the original trouble-makers will not have their contracts renewed, Carswell has suggested that Farage might "take a break" (which doesn't mean step down as leader), and O'Flynn has been quoted on 5 words, as far as I'm aware.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I don't think they're bound to implode. I think there may be a bit of a power-struggle as Farage was not elected to MP status. I think, as can be found with many groups, people will want to try and use it to their own gains. There's a chance that it could damage the party for a while, or set it back, but I don't think it's that likely to affect them in the long-term.

Why is Ukip sh*t?
Because anything that isn't a left-wing, EU-as-a-political-union-loving party that wants unchecked immigration etc will clearly be ****, racist, for the rich, evil, sexist, oppressive, and so on. Add whichever buzzwords you feel.

How could you forget! :p