• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Udmt

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Or, the "Universal Dynamic Mold Theory"

Those who do not believe in a creator-controller are you happy with the scientific explanation of how stuff clumps together in universal patters, from atoms to galaxies.

btw theres no actual theory I know of that has been seriously proposed, unless you can theorise about a contoller scientifically.

meogi

Never heard of it. Care to explain more?

As far as I know, however, large things clump together in 'patterns' because of how gravity works. And how exactly do atoms follow a 'universal pattern?'

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
As far as I know, however, large things clump together in 'patterns' because of how gravity works.
It's also how random distribution works.

Here's a thought experiment (well, you're welcome to try it for real if you want, but there probably isn't much point):

- take an equal number of red and green jellybeans.
- pour them into a large jar.
- shake the jellybeans around until they're thoroughly mixed. If you're not sure, shake them some more just to be certain.

Once you do all this, look at the jellybeans. What do you see? It won't be a uniform distribution of red/green/red/green/red/green/etc. It'll be varied: some parts of the jar will have more red jellybeans, some will have more green ones. Some areas might even be one solid colour.

It's not surprising at all to me that matter occurs in clumps. Besides the fact that we have gravity (as meogi pointed out) that pulls matter into clumps anyhow, even without that, we'd expect to see some sort of clumps anyhow.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Rock...I see the universal patterns as similar to fractals, which are based on a numder base, or some other created base.You could also say the clumps formed by the jelly beans have to have a human pouring them and somebody designs the molds for the beans then the material the beans are made from needs manipulating.

I use "Universal " in the sense of atoms due to the similarity of make up of individual atoms(protons , electrons etc) and not the similarity regards solar systems and galaxies have to atomic structure, although there are some there.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
It's also how random distribution works.

Here's a thought experiment (well, you're welcome to try it for real if you want, but there probably isn't much point):

- take an equal number of red and green jellybeans.
- pour them into a large jar.
- shake the jellybeans around until they're thoroughly mixed. If you're not sure, shake them some more just to be certain.

Once you do all this, look at the jellybeans. What do you see? It won't be a uniform distribution of red/green/red/green/red/green/etc. It'll be varied: some parts of the jar will have more red jellybeans, some will have more green ones. Some areas might even be one solid colour.

It's not surprising at all to me that matter occurs in clumps. Besides the fact that we have gravity (as meogi pointed out) that pulls matter into clumps anyhow, even without that, we'd expect to see some sort of clumps anyhow.
A problem with random distribution is that all life on earth is made up of left-handed amino acids. The appearance of one right handed acid desrtroys the sequence. Random sequencing does not yield exclusivity often enough to sustain life.

meogi

A problem with random distribution is that all life on earth is made up of left-handed amino acids. The appearance of one right handed acid desrtroys the sequence. Random sequencing does not yield exclusivity often enough to sustain life.
It's not random distribution when you take into account asteroids hitting earth, after passing by a neutron star.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
I have a problem with the importance placed on mass attraction in regards gravity I think it is overstated. Take for instance experiments in the lab, they do not show the expected amount we should see.

Also..consider an hollow sphere say if it has some water in it and you spin it fast enough the water sticks to the inner surface as a film, now if you dip it partially in water the water also sticks to the surface, i think the surface may have to be a bit rough and porous though, and if you could put waterlife into this sphere, wouldnt a type of gravity be created for them, due to the spin and pressure by the water? , If you put different elements in the water these would settle out oover time to form land for instance. (or am I just being potty). if you also consider the Earth is enveloped by moisture in different states, also the forces set up by the Earth-moon system

Last edited:

meogi

sandy whitelinger said:
Could you explain this a little further please?
Amino acids form in space pretty commonly, in even distributions (50/50 left/right). Polarized light from neutron stars 'selects' amino acids (based on the side of the star the asteroid passes by) and destroys them, leaving more of one than the other (maybe 5-10% more). These hit earth depositing more left than right. Or right than left. But looking at earth, it was probably left-heavy.

Left and right handed amino acids, in primordial conditions (hot and kinda wet), can crystalize together... leaving pools laden with whichever was in excess.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Amino acids form in space pretty commonly, in even distributions (50/50 left/right). Polarized light from neutron stars 'selects' amino acids (based on the side of the star the asteroid passes by) and destroys them, leaving more of one than the other (maybe 5-10% more). These hit earth depositing more left than right. Or right than left. But looking at earth, it was probably left-heavy.

Left and right handed amino acids, in primordial conditions (hot and kinda wet), can crystalize together... leaving pools laden with whichever was in excess.
Are you suggesting then that life may have begun with left-handed amino acids randomly and sporatically deposited by meteorites where the acids may have surived entering the atmosphere?

meogi

Are you suggesting then that life may have begun with left-handed amino acids randomly and sporatically deposited by meteorites where the acids may have surived entering the atmosphere?
No, I wasn't suggesting anything, I was providing info on how there could be an abundance of one type of amino acid...

meogi

On a meteorite. In space. How is that relevant?
Are you suggesting asteroids don't hit earth?

[edit] Appologies for not finishing my thought with my last post.

No, I wasn't suggesting anything, I was providing info on how there could be an abundance of one type of amino acid... on earth.

Last edited:

meogi

Eddy Daze said:
I have a problem with the importance placed on mass attraction in regards gravity I think it is overstated. Take for instance experiments in the lab, they do not show the expected amount we should see.
What experiments?

Eddy Daze said:
Also..consider an hollow sphere say if it has some water in it and you spin it fast enough the water sticks to the inner surface as a film, now if you dip it partially in water the water also sticks to the surface, i think the surface may have to be a bit rough and porous though
The only way water is going to 'stick' to the outside is if the surface tension is greater than the centrifugal force. Rough and porous surfaces will increase the surface tension.

Eddy Daze said:
and if you could put waterlife into this sphere, wouldnt a type of gravity be created for them, due to the spin and pressure by the water?
No. Gravity is a function of mass and distance.

Eddy Daze said:
If you put different elements in the water these would settle out oover time to form land for instance. (or am I just being potty). if you also consider the Earth is enveloped by moisture in different states, also the forces set up by the Earth-moon system
The earth isn't a hollow sphere. So I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make with this thought experiment.

[edit] Forgot to comment on this:
Eddy Daze said:
I use "Universal " in the sense of atoms due to the similarity of make up of individual atoms(protons , electrons etc) and not the similarity regards solar systems and galaxies have to atomic structure, although there are some there.
Atoms have a separate set of forces (atomic strong, atomic weak, and electromagnetic) that describe their interactions. There is a gravitational force between separate atoms, but it's too weak to matter.

Last edited:

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
meogi..wasnt there some experiment done whith long lines and iron balls ?

Also.....Re gravity...I was talking about a type of artificial gravity created, without big masses needing to exist, if you think of the globe sitting in an envelope of moisture, and the spin being partly responsible for pulling it toward the surface, the hollow sphere was invented to theorise on a hollow earth/planet set up, there would also be magnetic forces at work on the planet