• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twenty Minutes

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
U
They say for every cigarette you stomp out, you stomp out five minutes of your life.

And for every beer you drink, you lose five more.

Ten minutes of joyful indulgence, ten minutes of painful abstinence.

Twenty minutes devoted to the mystery of life and death.

But just twenty minutes.

The beer one isn't true.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I've been hitting the life and death mystery a little too hard.

Got a 12 step program for it?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
They say for every cigarette you stomp out, you stomp out five minutes of your life.

And for every beer you drink, you lose five more.

Ten minutes of joyful indulgence, ten minutes of painful abstinence.

Twenty minutes devoted to the mystery of life and death.

But just twenty minutes.

Your birth was a death sentence, you've been dying every day since.

Whatever that final day is, it's already been determined. No sense in troubling over it, just live.

There is also a genetic factor in all of this, if you have strong liver genetics you probably could drink limitless quantities of alcohol to no real effect. Similarly, even if you smoke you could have superior lung genetics and never die of cancer or cardiac problems. Scientists don't have the resources to test people to this level, so most of the data is reflective of "average health" of a sample population. It doesn't mean every smoker or drinker is in trouble.

Personally, I neither drink nor smoke too much. Once in awhile, either way. Too much of anything seems to be the real problem. Even too much exercise is bad for your health... :D