• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turning to G-d does not stall progress of science. Does it ?

ecco

Veteran Member
I understand, the success rate of science is also because of the accepting of the prayer by G-d as per the truthful religion.
Who told you that lie?

Einstein was very successful in providing new science. Einstein did not believe in your g---d. Einstein felt belief in religions was childish.

James Watson was very successful in providing new science. James Watson did not believe in your g---d.
Google:
Watson said, "The luckiest thing that ever happened to me was that my father didn't believe in God."
That's because Watson realized that as a child he was not indoctrinated into silly superstitions.

Do you know of any child who was indoctrinated into religious beliefs? I'll bet you do.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Who told you that lie?

Einstein was very successful in providing new science. Einstein did not believe in your g---d. Einstein felt belief in religions was childish.

James Watson was very successful in providing new science. James Watson did not believe in your g---d.
Google:
Watson said, "The luckiest thing that ever happened to me was that my father didn't believe in God."
That's because Watson realized that as a child he was not indoctrinated into silly superstitions.

Do you know of any child who was indoctrinated into religious beliefs? I'll bet you do.
One become sentimental. Right, please?

Regards

Tiberius

Which has been the emphasis on the quality of evidence. Whether evidence exists or not is one issue, the quality of the evidence is an entirely different issue. This is how we can say that evidence presented based on "i saw this person do that action" is at minimum needs subjected to high degrees of scrutinity. It could be good and accurate. Or, it may not be because we aren't that good at memory recall.

Are you talking about EVP here?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I understand, the success rate of science is also because of the accepting of the prayer by G-d as per the truthful religion. Right, please?

Regards
[27:63]اَمَّنۡ یُّجِیۡبُ الۡمُضۡطَرَّ اِذَا دَعَاہُ وَ یَکۡشِفُ السُّوۡٓءَ وَ یَجۡعَلُکُمۡ خُلَفَآءَ الۡاَرۡضِ ؕ ءَ اِلٰہٌ مَّعَ اللّٰہِ ؕ قَلِیۡلًا مَّا تَذَکَّرُوۡنَ ﴿ؕ۶۳﴾
Or, Who answers the distressed person when he calls upon Him, and removes the evil, and makes you successors in the earth? Is there a God besides Allah? Little is it that you reflect.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 27: An-Naml

No. The succes rate of science has nothing to do with prayer. Or vice versa.

cladking

Turning to G-d does not stall progress of science.
Does it ?

It depends on what you mean by "turning to God".

Ultimately all science and all advancement is from individuals and "turning to God" has a different meaning and different effect on each individual. In some people the concept of "God" might be a handy explanation for every single question and anomaly and this might greatly impact the ability of that individual to solve mysteries or invent a solution to a problem. Other individuals might be strongly motivated to pursue science in homage to the God they believe exists. These would be the two extremes but I believe most people lie somewhere in the middle near where their belief in a deity is largely irrelevant to their willingness or ability to learn, understand, and practice science.

Of far more concern than a belief in religion is that we all are a slave to each of our beliefs. It's largely the belief in our own omniscience and the omniscience of science that makes anomalies invisible to us. It is chiefly anomalies and their study that creates progress in individual understanding of science and in human progress. We can't study what we can't see and we can't see what lies outside of our beliefs.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Ultimately all science and all advancement is from individuals and "turning to God" has a different meaning and different effect on each individual. In some people the concept of "God" might be a handy explanation for every single question and anomaly and this might greatly impact the ability of that individual to solve mysteries or invent a solution to a problem. Other individuals might be strongly motivated to pursue science in homage to the God they believe exists. These would be the two extremes but I believe most people lie somewhere in the middle near where their belief in a deity is largely irrelevant to their willingness or ability to learn, understand, and practice science.

Of far more concern than a belief in religion is that we all are a slave to each of our beliefs. It's largely the belief in our own omniscience and the omniscience of science that makes anomalies invisible to us. It is chiefly anomalies and their study that creates progress in individual understanding of science and in human progress. We can't study what we can't see and we can't see what lies outside of our beliefs.
"Ultimately all science and all advancement is from individuals and "turning to God" has a different meaning and different effect on each individual. In some people the concept of "God" might be a handy explanation for every single question and anomaly and this might greatly impact the ability of that individual to solve mysteries or invent a solution to a problem."

Newton's belief in G-d did not stall his scientific capabilities which amply evidences that turning to G-d does not stall progress of science.
Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

"It's largely the belief in our own omniscience and the omniscience of science that makes anomalies invisible to us."

Does one mean that it is an out of proportion stretch and or just an allegation of the non-believers or a political statement of the non-believers to malign the truthful religions and not a complaint of science. Right, please?

Regards

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
I could be right or wrong ultimately it is the individual who has to decide for his actions, the truthful religions does not force anybody.
Is it wrong, please?

Regards

So are you saying that there is a chance that you could be right or wrong in deciding what is a truthful religion?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
The truthful religion and its guidance is there, but I could make mistakes with omission or commission, I am a human. Right,please?

Regards

So I'm still struggling with how you define what is and is not a truthful religion. Perhaps you could give examples of truthful religions?

While making utmost endeavors to find a vaccine for the Corona-virus, it won't stall if they also turn to G-d. That is my understanding, please?
Regards

Again, you conveniently rely on an external "god" to redeem your self-imposed deficiencies. So much for self-determination, NOT my universe. Finding a vaccine may or may not come swiftly enough depending on your pubescence, meanwhile take solace that a surplus of humanity is being decimated...overpopulation afterall.