• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turkey Bacon - The backward meat

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
If you look in the bacon section at the store you will undoubtedly see several varieties of Turkey Bacon. This is a "healthier" bacon made from turkey instead of being made from pork. It seems noble and all, but pork tastes good. Bacon tastes good. Turkey is dry. Well it dawned on me today that if the idea of Turkey Bacon were reversed then Thanksgiving could be a lot more enjoyable. I propose that a Bacon Turkey be invented. That's right. It will be a painful process but we must use skin grafting methods to force pork to grow into the turkey's body during its lifetime. The result will be that on Thanksgiving we could all sit down to a turkey that tasted like a 30 pound hunk of bacon. No more dry parts. We probably don't even need gravy. Imagine the juicy bacon flavor whether you grab a leg or a wing. Even the breast will taste good this time around. If you are set on having some type of gravy I am thinking we could fill the gravy boat with some melted cheese or something. I just don't know who to propose this idea to to get it going. :shrug:

Smoke

Done here.
I don't know. I like my bacon crisp, and a crisp bacon turkey might not be all you could desire. Why not just make twenty pounds of bacon for Thanksgiving? People would pretend they didn't like the idea, but you know they'd eat every bit of that bacon.

BTW, you went way too easy on turkey bacon. I don't eat anything made of turkey that's supposed to emulate something not made of turkey. On rare occasions it might taste about right, but the texture is always off.

silvermoon383

I had turkey bacon once. I prefer my bacon chewy, but it wasn't chewy. Heck, it wasn't even crispy. The texture was off, the flavor was not what I want for breakfast, and it didn't even look right. Bacon isn't straight!

Stick with the real stuff I say.