• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying to find my religion...please help.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Hello, Sakura -

Welcome to the Forums!

Personally, I am a Nichiren Buddhist; there is a lot of good information in the Buddhist forum here, for anyone interested in Buddhism from a no-previous-experience point of view. Hope this helps........

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, Sakura Suzuki, Namaste.

Welcome to the forum; before I indoctrinate you with my beliefs (That's a joke by the way), why don't you tell us alittle about yourself, so we can 'see you' better?:)

Scott1

Hello and welcome to the Forums.... I'm sure you'll get lots of information to help you here.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Sakura Suzuki said:
I'm new, don't know what religion I am, and could use some help. Can anyone tell me about their religion? :help:
Don't forget there is always the posibility of no religion...or even not believing in a god.

And hello by the way, I hope this forum can help you find your way.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
welcome Sakura...

if you go to the individual discussion forum you'll find info on a lot of faiths...
i am presently studying Judaism and find that it is the path for me

look into them all and see which fits best for you!
let us know if we can help!!

A

angellous_evangellous

Sakura Suzuki said:
I'm new, don't know what religion I am, and could use some help. Can anyone tell me about their religion? :help:
Welcome to RF.

Some of us can articulate what we belive, but you are going to need to find your religion yourself.

Being a Christian, I can point you to the creeds of Christianity as a summation of my beliefs. If you have time, you should read them in order. The first creeds on the website are from the Holy Bible and the latter creeds are from early and late Christian history, which are interpretations of the Bible that comprise orthodoxy (correct belief). Christians confess that God has revealed Himself in Jesus Christ for the betterment and salvation of humankind. As we commune with God through Jesus Christ, we become the best expressions of ourselves and live in right relationship with God in his presence for all time.

God's richest blessings for your journey. :162:

Master Vigil

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here, and learn much. Fortunately we have overviews that discuss almost all of the major and minor religions here on RF. Just click on the individual religion section, choose a religion, and read its overview. And of course... Have fun. :D

I am taoist in philosophy. And Shamanist, animist, pagan, shinto, native american, gypsy, and whatever else I feel like puttin in, in spirituality. So I just pack it into one word... Vigil. :D

SK2005

Saint in training
Welcome and I hope that you enjoy.
You have come to the right place, look around and you might find something that you like and are interested in, and we are always here for questions. :)

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Welcome to RF, and I'm sure you'll find there are no shortage of opinions here.;)

First two questions I would ask is 'Were you raised with a particular faith?' and stepping back for a minute, 'Is there a good reason to turn from that faith?'

A lot of teenagers rebel against their parents and their beliefs for the sake of rebelling. When they get into their 20's many young people feel drawn back. That's how it worked for me, my brother, and countless other people we've known.

Maybe you have beliefs that do not mesh with that faith, and it would be better for you to 'find another religion'. I know that might cause dissention in some families, but you need to find your own spiritual peace.

If your family is not a source of religion for you, how about a friend? Some people don't talk religion or politics with their friends, and I think that' s a real shame considering how important they are to many people. Ask what churches they attend and how they feel about their religion. Visiting a church with a friends might be more comfortable than looking one up in the phone book and showing up, but our church has a few members who found us that way.

Good luck on your faith journey, and feel free to post more about how it goes.:)

charlton

Hello Saku.

If you can not make up your mind about what religion you should adopt, just write a few well known ones on bits of paper, put them into a hat and pick, thats what i did and i am now a Christian. I dont read the bible (never have) but it is a good religion to be able to say you believe in when people ask.

I think most religions are the same anyway underneath all the stories and rituals. One God made us. and maybe he had a messenger. (Mohammed, Jesus etc...)

But like someone else said you could decide to have no religion at all, which i find quite boring. doing so does not mean that you cannot believe in God. Everyone beleives in a God deep down but you will not have an organised religion

Witchcraft

Hello, I'm new here too, but I know my religion. I'm a Wiccan by the way, its a nice nature loving religion.
P.S. Thanks for having such a welcoming site!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hello Witchcraft, Namaste.

Welcome to the forum; I hope you enjoy it here:)

Silvanus

hi sakura, what exactly do you think your looking for? If you haven't found a place for religion already in your life, maybe you'd be more at home with religions that are kinda in the shadows and not very well known. That's where I found my spirituality anyway. There's something about the mainstream religions that so many follow that just turns me away, not for any bad reason I might add, but they're just not my cup of tea.

Well I can't really recommend any websites for my faith, as it's pretty much in the dark during these days, and only known by those who study its history (like scholars). But in any case I'm a Paulician.

The Paulicians (7th - 19th centuries) were a radical dualist movement within the Christian world who came to denounce just about everything associated with the religion to the point where it became distinct alltogether. They didn't believe Christianity was the religion revealed by Jesus, but that the disciples were led astray by Satan/Jehovah, the God of this world, and invented the religion out of lies.

Their central beliefs were:

1. Jesus came from a distant, previously unknown Universe, and that his Heavenly Father (Abba in Aramaic), was different from the God of this Universe, who is Jehovah of the Old Testament. The Paulicians called him Satan, meaning the Adversary. Jesus was an angel of Abba; the Trinity is rejected as false.

2. Jesus mission was to reveal the new kingdom of Abba, and the new more gentle/peaceful teachings of love to mankind, who was bound to unrightful submission by their gods and religions.

3. Jesus came back 10 years after his first ascent into heaven and found St. Paul, who he appointed the true apostle, and who would not be led astray. Paul wrote along with his letters to various churches the One true Gospel, revealed through revelation, and is not found in the Christian Bible. The Paulicians had their own sacred texts. They no longer exist due to massive persecution but can easily be restored through good research.

4. All the practices, rituals, complex doctrine, and relics of the Christian churches come from Satan and the false apostles, and are to be denounced. The true followers of the Christ follow a simple, peaceful lifestyle void of complexity and unrightful submission.

5. There was no virgin birth or physical body (it was a magical illusion), for Jesus simply descended from the skies and entered into Galilee, beginning his mission to heal the lost and broken-hearted. There was also no "ressurection," for he simply left his body to free the captives in Hades (the gloomy afterlife where souls dwell.). When he returned he revealed his true celestial self to his disciples and ascended back to heaven.

6. Entrance into the kingdom of the new Good God is in direct contrast to mainstream Christian beliefs. We believe it is simply through following the simple teachings of love expressed by Jesus during his time here, that we become sons and daughters of Abba. As opposed to believing in the popular dying/ressurecting symbology.

If ur interested let me know, because there are some really good books out there about Dualism :)

The Black Whirlwind

im a jedi realist, or Jedi. We believe in the Force as a higher power, and we have a four-stanza code:
there is no emotion. there is peace.
there is no ignorance. there is knowledge.
there is no passion. there is serenity.
there is no death. there is the Force.

there are the 21 maxims, most of all i dont know of, but which include loyalty, compassion, retraint, etc etc. that should be adhered to.

theres a website called www.jedirealistacademy.org where you can get a lot more info than what i have.

andyjamal

servant
Welcome to RF!

I believe you are looking for Baha'u'llah (Glory of God). He is the Manifestation of God who revealed God's message for today. He represents the fulfillment of all the religions of the past. It is through His influence that mankind will reach a mature level of spiritual progress and achieve world unity. I invite you to investigate my claims with an open heart. You will find information on this website in the Baha'i Faith forum and elsewhere on the internet using the keyword Baha'i Faith. I would love to answer any questions you may have.

Keep up the search for truth!:)

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
Namaste and Welcome!

I came here not knowing my true religion either but if you pin point some of your beliefs I'm sure the nice people at religiousforums will help you as they did me.