• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Try to prove to me your religion.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, you are right. I've totally been exposed. Do tell me....
You've exposed me? What do I believe? Am I a creationist? Do I believe in the Abrahamic faith or something else? Enlighten the forum members as to what my beliefs are and how I've been exposed.
I'll wait :)
If you don't mind, we would like to know as to what are the some core beliefs of "Religion:Very Modern". Will your? Please
Regards

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
"All living beings are unmanifested in their beginning.
Manifested in their interim state.
And unmanifested again when annihilated.
So what need is there for lamentation?"

"While focusing on the objects of the senses, one develops attachment for them.
From such attachments, lust develops.
From lust, anger arises.
From anger, complete delusion arises.
From delusion Bewilderment of memory.
When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost.
And when intelligence is lost, one falls down again in the pool of material existence"

"When your mind is no longer disturbed by the flowery language of the Vedas and when it remains fixed on self realization. Then you'll have attained divine consciousness"

"You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you're not entitled to the fruits of your actions.
Never consider yourself as the cause of the result of your activities and never be attached towards not doing your duty"

"Perform your duty equiposed oh, Arjuna....abandoning all attachments to success and failure. Such equanimity is called Yoga"

"The mind of the best of friends of the one who has controlled it, but for the one who has failed to do so, the mind will remain his greatest enemy"

"As a strong wind sweeps the boat in the water, similarly one of the roaming senses on which the mind develops can carry away the man's intelligence"

"The Brahman, the unmanifested is subservient to me and it is that Brahman that I impregnate making the possible for life"

"The soul can never be cut into pieces by any weapon, not moistened by water, nor burnt by fire nor withered by the wind.
This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble and can be neither burnt nor dried.
He's ever existing, present everywhere, immovable and eternally the same"

These are some of the verses from the Bhagavad Gita that I believe in that are in touch with human consciousness.

But I do not believe

"Among the stars I m the moon"
"Among mountains I m Sumeru"

It doesn't ask for blind following of every word, but most of the words said by Krishna comes with "That is my opinion"

At the end Krishna asks Arjuna to Deliberate on his words fully and then do what he wishes.

So, even if it is a religion, it is not a stern dogma as the freedom to think on the words of the Gita and then follow or not follow in the words of Krishna has place here.

You may question that the Vishvaroopa (universal form of Krishna) which Arjuna saw might simply have been a delusion.
That comes only on your personal view. You can accept Vishvaroopa as a genuine universe when Arjuna saw all the universe inside the Body of Krishna or a silly edit by conservatives.

Also someone might say that Krishna says that Narayana is an Aditya and not the supreme consciousness.
On that I can only say that the Parabrahman is Krishna, though he's believed to be Narayana as well.

But to sum up:
1. Not a dogma but are opinions stated by Krishna (most of them) so more of a guide to a way of life.
2. Krishna is the Parabrahman or the creAtive energy and through Narayana, he came to be in the material form as Narayana is the protector and maintainer of the cosmos.
3. You are expected to think the beliefs of Krishna trough and then act on your duty.
4. It is not of any religion
"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender yourself to me".
Krishna (as I take it in my view) is the entire cosmos as displayed in his Vishvaroopa, beyond planets, religions and genders.
5. Though a part of Bhishma Parva of Mahabharata, Mahabharata I personally use as a reference book and not as a main text.
6. My religion also includes Buddhism and Taoism which do not contradict each other very much.
7. So, my "religion" cannot be proven as it is devoid of all possible labels that the west has conjured up for their religions and beliefs.
The only way to see its evidence is to practice it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It is simple logic. You can't say sentient life needs a creator to exist hence "god did it!" and then immediately say that god which is a sentient form of life doesn't need a creator to exist. This argument suggests that complex life can just exist, so why complicate things by adding on to it?

I believe you have misconstrued what I am saying. I am not saying that intelligence is necessary for intelligence to exist but that the existence of intelligence in the design of creation suggests an intelligent creator. Since God is not a creation He does not need a creator. Definitely the fact that the creator exists suggests that other intelligence could just exist but not that things could exist in a design.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe you have misconstrued what I am saying. I am not saying that intelligence is necessary for intelligence to exist but that the existence of intelligence in the design of creation suggests an intelligent creator. Since God is not a creation He does not need a creator. Definitely the fact that the creator exists suggests that other intelligence could just exist but not that things could exist in a design.
I agree with what I have colored in magenta.
Regards

What evidence do you have that suggests this universe was purposely created?

Faronator

Genetically Engineered

But there hasn't always been intelligence as you are defining it even with living beings so how does that constitute an intelligent creator?

If anything, it would constitute a chameleon like creator. A creator that is adaptable not one that would make us wait hundreds of thousands of years to develop true intelligence whereas other species could be in the millions (cockroaches maybe).

Muffled

Jesus in me
What evidence do you have that suggests this universe was purposely created?

I believe purpose is different from design. One may not infer a purpose simply from a design IMO. For me God saying that He created everything denotes purpose. If He didn't tell you how would you know?

Subhankar Zac

I believe purpose is different from design. One may not infer a purpose simply from a design IMO. For me God saying that He created everything denotes purpose. If He didn't tell you how would you know?

Is that why Christians have one of the lowest education rates in the US? Unlessyou can show your God, don't being him into The discussion.
I m sure he has better things to do than taking to mind numbingly deluded people and republican politicians.
Show me your God, this second.

Muffled

Jesus in me
But there hasn't always been intelligence as you are defining it even with living beings so how does that constitute an intelligent creator?

If anything, it would constitute a chameleon like creator. A creator that is adaptable not one that would make us wait hundreds of thousands of years to develop true intelligence whereas other species could be in the millions (cockroaches maybe).

I don't believe I defined it.

I believe God has said that He always exists.

I believe living beings have a different type of intelligence.

I believe the intelligence of living beings shows an orderly design just as the universe does. I don't believe God is interested in replicating His own intelligence.

I believe this is more supposition than fact. People lack knowledge but knowledge has increased over the years.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Is that why Christians have one of the lowest education rates in the US? Unlessyou can show your God, don't being him into The discussion.
I m sure he has better things to do than taking to mind numbingly deluded people and republican politicians.
Show me your God, this second.

I believe there was someone who told the Apostle Paul that he was mad from too much learning. I believe the more educated a person becomes the farther he gets from the truth of God.

I believe so, Here am I.

I believe I am talking to you.

Subhankar Zac

I believe there was someone who told the Apostle Paul that he was mad from too much learning. I believe the more educated a person becomes the farther he gets from the truth of God.

I believe so, Here am I.

I believe I am talking to you.

Right! Namaste.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yeah and the book is divine.

You know if you say the shahada before you die and sincerely mean it, you will go to Jannah.

It is not over, if you want to make it to heaven then this is something Allah has blessed you with.

Good Luck, Brother :)

I don't know what you mean by shahada or Jannah but I am sure that just saying something will not get you to Heaven

Last edited by a moderator:

Meander_Z

I say, " Okay, I will show you that God is real." I take you into the forest. I feed you hallucinogenic plant substance. "Now don't just look at the trees, look at the relationships between them, the whole ecosystem. That is God. Not just right here. Everywhere. Get it?"

btw... this general "proof" was offered in the film, "Avatar" It's just way more mind blowing if you actually do it rather than hearing about it from a fictional movie. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. Not the movie. The experience. Then we can talk. And don't give me any crap about the scientific principles of hallucinogens until after you've eaten hallucinagins in a forest and really looked around. This might also work in the desert, on a mountain, or near an ocean. I just haven't personally tested the theory. I live in Indiana. I have forest here.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You make paradise sound like a damn amusement park - "it is something that is really great and you will have fun forever, a fun that never gets boring". And of hell - "But the Hell will be really really really bad. OMG like its so bad. You will burn in there for eternity and it will be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more hotter than fire on earth in volcanoes".

Wtf? That sounds like something a little kid would say. You really think that's the best an infinite all-knowing being can do? It's laughably juvenile.

I believe that sounds reasonable for what Hell and Heaven were designed for. Did you have a better idea?

I believe the Kingdom of God is the best even though it has its limitations.

I believe that depends on how one views fun. If you have a childish view of it then you are the one being childish.

Subhankar Zac

I believe that sounds reasonable for what Hell and Heaven were designed for. Did you have a better idea?

I believe the Kingdom of God is the best even though it has its limitations.

I believe that depends on how one views fun. If you have a childish view of it then you are the one being childish.

I believe that you're by far the most immature and deluded person whom I've encountered.

I believe that you have no reason for anything whatsoever but gives out cards of heaven and hell based on w gat appeals to you.

I believe that someone who says this:

Should stop trolling everywhere and making a joke of everything by your presence.

And also I believe, that unless you repent and turn to the TRUE GOD KRISHNA, you'll not get heaven.

"There is no truth superior to me. Everything rests up in me as pearls are strung on a thread"
Bhagavad Gita
Spoken 3000 years before your deity.