• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth

A JW who admits this... cool :D

i do not mean now the raising of Lazarus for example. people who do not believe in resurrection know almost nothing about it.I mean here an average person who can die never returns from the tomb. We want to live because we were created to live much longer .
people are ready to write new fairy tales about afterlife but not to take into account the words from the Scriptures.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Lol, a person who believes in dead people walking around calling other people's beliefs fairytales

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
i do not mean now the raising of Lazarus for example. people who do not believe in resurrection know almost nothing about it.I mean here an average person who can die never returns from the tomb. We want to live because we were created to live much longer .
people are ready to write new fairy tales about afterlife but not to take into account the words from the Scriptures.

Perhaps because there's no such thing as "writing new fairy tales", leastways if we're takling about actual traditional folk stories from various parts of the world.

danieldemol

Premium Member
A JW who believes there is no afterlife? There is something unusual.
Don't they normally give you a good dose of shunburn once you start claiming that Jesus won't raise people from their graves?

Muffled

Jesus in me
मैत्रावरुणिः;3453441 said:
You are way off. I am 400,000 years old, about to reach 400,001. Muahahaha!
I don't think past lives count.

Muffled

Jesus in me

So what does one do with Paul's statement that a person dies and then comes a judgement? How can a person be judged after death if the person doesn't have an afterlife. Then there is the statement of Jesus about Heaven that God is god of the living not the dead.

what are we talking about? afterlife -
is the concept of a realm, or the realm itself (whether physical or transcendental), in which an essential part of an individual's identity or consciousness continues to reside after the death of the body in the individual's lifetime. as if God stays aside. he does not intervene. everything happens without God's will. sure i do not believe in afterlife.
but i believe in Resurrection involves a reactivating of the life pattern of the individual, which life pattern God has retained in his memory. According to God’s will for the individual, the person is restored in either a human or a spirit body and yet retains his personal identity, having the same personality and memories as when he died.

garrydons

Evolved? no. it will remain a big question unless we believe that we are created. evolve from what? what are we in the beginning? before we became fully human if that is the case.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Evolved? no. it will remain a big question unless we believe that we are created. evolve from what? what are we in the beginning? before we became fully human if that is the case.

Pretty sure we were homo erectus before a tribe of them lasted long enough to become homo sapian.

danieldemol

Premium Member
what are we talking about? afterlife -
is the concept of a realm, or the realm itself (whether physical or transcendental), in which an essential part of an individual's identity or consciousness continues to reside after the death of the body in the individual's lifetime. as if God stays aside. he does not intervene. everything happens without God's will. sure i do not believe in afterlife.
but i believe in Resurrection involves a reactivating of the life pattern of the individual, which life pattern God has retained in his memory. According to God’s will for the individual, the person is restored in either a human or a spirit body and yet retains his personal identity, having the same personality and memories as when he died.

Sounds like another case of a person hatching an extremely personalized definition if you ask me.