• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth: either God exists or He don't.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
God has given me the Holy Spirit who is His Spirit, He is the one that teaches me what the Scriptures mean.

That is a claim that countless Christians have made. And yet they will have contrasting views. So how do you test your claim? Without a proper test you have no evidence, you only have a claim that anyone could make.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Not sure how you can say brainwashed by the Church when I gave you the Scriptures, which you used your own interpretation and twisted them to mean something they don’t.
It was the Church that twisted them to mean something they don't mean.
You believe what the Church teaches so that is what you interpret the Scriptures to mean.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
God has given me the Holy Spirit who is His Spirit, He is the one that teaches me what the Scriptures mean.
Is this the Holy Spirit or, as I understand, the Evil one that guides the LDS , the JWs, the Catholics and the Protestants (32000+ denomination of the Pauline-Christendom) differently that makes them poles apart from one another, please?
Can't one make this Holy/Evil to understand to give one message instead of the contradictory and different ones to all of them, please?
Right friends, please?

Regards

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Is this the Holy Spirit or, as I understand, the Evil one that guides the LDS , the JWs, the Catholics and the Protestants (32000+ denomination of the Pauline-Christendom) differently that makes them poles apart from one another, please?
Can't one make this Holy/Evil to understand to give one message instead of the contradictory and different ones to all of them, please?
Right friends, please?

Regards
The Holy Spirit is not guiding abyone because it does not live inside anyone.
If it did guide Christians, Christians would not believe different things.
That is logic 101 stuff.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Right friends, please?

Regards
@ElishaElijah , this is an example of what I was talking about. He believes he has the holy spirit, you believe you have it, but both of your views are extremely different.

How do both of you test your beliefs? Your holy books are not valid sources since you would have to prove that they are valid before you could do that. How do you tell whose beliefs are correct?

It was the Church that twisted them to mean something they don't mean.
You believe what the Church teaches so that is what you interpret the Scriptures to mean.
The Scriptures I gave you were so plain and self explanatory there was no need for misinterpretation yet that’s what you did because the Scriptures didn’t fit your beliefs. Also, you”ll have to read the Gospel of John and do your own study on The Holy Spirit. A Lot of error and misconceptions concerning the Holy Spirit has been posted here and before we started the conversation I asked if you believed what the apostles and prophets wrote, you said yes, but apparently you don’t.

Right friends, please?

Regards[/
The Holy Spirit is not guiding abyone because it does not live inside anyone.
If it did guide Christians, Christians would not believe different things.
That is logic 101 stuff.

“You, however, are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to him. Now if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, then he who raised Christ from the dead will also bring your mortal bodies to life through his Spirit who lives in you.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:9-11‬ ‭

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Scriptures I gave you were so plain and self explanatory there was no need for misinterpretation yet that’s what you did because the Scriptures didn’t fit your beliefs. Also, you”ll have to read the Gospel of John and do your own study on The Holy Spirit. A Lot of error and misconceptions concerning the Holy Spirit has been posted here and before we started the conversation I asked if you believed what the apostles and prophets wrote, you said yes, but apparently you don’t.
It is clear that you two disagree. How would you test your beliefs? "Because I say so" is not very convincing. I am betting that there are parts of the Bible that you will misinterpret due to your religious beliefs.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You misinterpret the Scriptures to fit your beliefs so you are like the pot calling the kettle black.
Christians have a lot of misconceptions concerning the Holy Spirit. One of those misconceptions is that the Holy Spirit lives inside their bodies and that it talks to them.

The Holy Spirit does not LIVE INSIDE of anyone and it does not TALK to anyone... Rather, God talks to the Messengers of God such as Jesus through the Holy Spirit.... In other words, the Holy Spirit is a medium through which God communicates to the Messengers of God... This IDEA that the Holy Spirit lives inside of Christians is yet another false Christian doctrine that came about by misinterpreting the Bible and it has led Christians astray since the very beginning...

The passage below explains what the Holy Spirit is and how the Holy Spirit works. The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God that comes from the Manifestations of God (Messengers) to humanity. The Holy Spirit reflects upon humans and is associated with their intellectual reality but it does not descend into their bodies as most Christians believe.

Question.—What is the Holy Spirit?

Answer.—The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God and the luminous rays which emanate from the Manifestations; for the focus of the rays of the Sun of Reality was Christ, and from this glorious focus, which is the Reality of Christ, the Bounty of God reflected upon the other mirrors which were the reality of the Apostles. The descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles signifies that the glorious divine bounties reflected and appeared in their reality. Moreover, entrance and exit, descent and ascent, are characteristics of bodies and not of spirits—that is to say, sensible realities enter and come forth, but intellectual subtleties and mental realities, such as intelligence, love, knowledge, imagination and thought, do not enter, nor come forth, nor descend, but rather they have direct connection.

For example, knowledge, which is a state attained to by the intelligence, is an intellectual condition; and entering and coming out of the mind are imaginary conditions; but the mind is connected with the acquisition of knowledge, like images reflected in a mirror.

Therefore, as it is evident and clear that the intellectual realities do not enter and descend, and it is absolutely impossible that the Holy Spirit should ascend and descend, enter, come out or penetrate, it can only be that the Holy Spirit appears in splendor, as the sun appears in the mirror.

Some Answered Questions, p. 108

Last edited:

Pilgrim Soldier

Says the guy who offers wild fantasy.

You have made claims.

You are claiming that the "One" is "the truth and He proved it by showing that He is the almighty God creator of all thing by demonstrating His power over the natural world and the spiritual and over life and death". Now prove that he did this and that it wasn't a couple of guys just making claims about him.
We know more about Jesus Christ than we do about George Washington, everything He di and teach was recorded and witnessed by countless witnesses and your asking for proof>>>> more like your denying the in your face evidence.

Pilgrim Soldier

It is your claim that this was proven. Yet no proof was actually offered. Just some unverified stories.

You can cling to your fantasies. Some of us will stick to the evidence.
I never fabricated my evidence, but everything that the secular people believe was fabricated. So there's a big difference right there

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
We know more about Jesus Christ than we do about George Washington, everything He di and teach was recorded and witnessed by countless witnesses and your asking for proof>>>> more like your denying the in your face evidence.
We have thousands of indirect evidence of George Washington and what he did in the form of biographies, paintings, and letters, as well as documents and letters written by the man himself.

We do not have such for Jesus. Only a few written by believers long after he died.

Also there is no claims that George Washington did supernatural things unwitnessed before or that anything he did or said affected reality, therefore no reason to doubt that what he did was possible. We can doubt that the claims about Jesus was possible as we have never seen those things done before.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You misinterpret the Scriptures to fit your beliefs so you are like the pot calling the kettle black.
Christians have a lot of misconceptions concerning the Holy Spirit. One of those misconceptions is that the Holy Spirit lives inside their bodies and that it talks to them.

The Holy Spirit does not LIVE INSIDE of anyone and it does not TALK to anyone... Rather, God talks to the Messengers of God such as Jesus through the Holy Spirit.... In other words, the Holy Spirit is a medium through which God communicates to the Messengers of God... This IDEA that the Holy Spirit lives inside of Christians is yet another false Christian doctrine that came about by misinterpreting the Bible and it has led Christians astray since the very beginning...

The passage below explains what the Holy Spirit is and how the Holy Spirit works. The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God that comes from the Manifestations of God (Messengers) to humanity. The Holy Spirit reflects upon humans and is associated with their intellectual reality but it does not descend into their bodies as most Christians believe.

Question.—What is the Holy Spirit?

Answer.—The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God and the luminous rays which emanate from the Manifestations; for the focus of the rays of the Sun of Reality was Christ, and from this glorious focus, which is the Reality of Christ, the Bounty of God reflected upon the other mirrors which were the reality of the Apostles. The descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles signifies that the glorious divine bounties reflected and appeared in their reality. Moreover, entrance and exit, descent and ascent, are characteristics of bodies and not of spirits—that is to say, sensible realities enter and come forth, but intellectual subtleties and mental realities, such as intelligence, love, knowledge, imagination and thought, do not enter, nor come forth, nor descend, but rather they have direct connection.

For example, knowledge, which is a state attained to by the intelligence, is an intellectual condition; and entering and coming out of the mind are imaginary conditions; but the mind is connected with the acquisition of knowledge, like images reflected in a mirror.

Therefore, as it is evident and clear that the intellectual realities do not enter and descend, and it is absolutely impossible that the Holy Spirit should ascend and descend, enter, come out or penetrate, it can only be that the Holy Spirit appears in splendor, as the sun appears in the mirror.

Some Answered Questions, p. 108
"You misinterpret the Scriptures to fit your beliefs so you are like the pot calling the kettle black."

Isn’t it a peculiarity of Bahaism, please?

Regards

Pilgrim Soldier

The statement is false.
The authors of the gospels were not the apostles.
Neither were their names "mark" and "luke" and whatnot.

All of them.

No, it's actually quite common knowledge. So common that I'm actually quite surprised that you don't seem to be aware of it.
I have heard ignorant people making unfounded accusations but I've never hear anyone link a name to any of these phantom accusers. So I must dismiss these claims as outright lies

Pilgrim Soldier

:rolleyes:

Uhu.

Sure, sure.

lol wut?

More claims....
Your burden of proof is just getting larger.

So next to having to provide a *shred* of evidence for election fraud, you now also have to provide evidence for your claim that ALL these judges and juries are corrupt and in on some grand conspiracy....

Trump already sold it to you.
There's enough evidence to sink the Titanic, but it's of no use if the judges refuse to look at it.

Pilgrim Soldier

I'm gonna interpret that as you not having this mysterious "irrefutable proof".

It's okay though. Trump's lawyers didn't have any either, as literally every judge and jury that were presented with these claims in courts pointed out as well.

But I guess you think they too are in on the "grand conspiracy" that Trump made you believe exists.
This thing is much bigger than any puppets like Biden and Trump. The big boys got rid of Trump because he's not a globalist, he's a patriot American. While Biden is happy to sell america to the Chinese, so the big boys use Biden as their puppet.
Democratic elections will never come back, the thieves have used technology to falsify the result. Just watch America descend into a third word Banana Republic while you guys rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Pilgrim Soldier

Show me one verse where Jesus taught us to examine everyone by one simple test and to ask them if they believe that Jesus is God come in the flesh.

Jesus never claimed to be God in the flesh. That is just a Christian doctrine. God cannot become flesh because God is Spirit.
1 John 4:2
You have exposes yourself as an unbeliever when you said 'God can not come in the flesh, because God is Spirit" This means that God is not able to appear in physical form, but He is able to create the whole universe and everything in it.
This is beggars belief, it's amazing to see how you have reduced God to a weak and incapable entity. all I would suggest is you seek out a new teachers, as it's obvious your current one has led you down the garden path

Pilgrim Soldier

" The four gospels were written by the apostles who recorded what Jesus said"

It is a wrong notion:
"The first four historical books of the New Testament are supplied with titles (Euangelion kata Matthaion, Euangelion kata Markon, etc.), which, however ancient, do not go back to the respective authors of those sacred writings. The Canon of Muratori, Clement of Alexandria, and St. Irenæus bear distinct witness to the existence of those headings in the latter part of the second century of our era. Indeed, the manner in which Clement (Stromata I.21), and St. Irenæus (Against Heresies III.11.7) employ them implies that, at that early date, our present titles to the Gospels had been in current use for some considerable time. Hence, it may be inferred that they were prefixed to the evangelical narratives as early as the first part of that same century. That, however, they do not go back to the first century of the Christian era, or at least that they are not original, is a position generally held at the present day. It is felt that since they are similar for the four Gospels, although the same Gospels were composed at some interval from each other, those titles were not framed, and consequently not prefixed to each individual narrative, before the collection of the four Gospels was actually made. Besides, as well pointed out by Prof. Bacon, "the historical books of the New Testament differ from its apocalyptic and epistolary literature, as those of the Old Testament differ from its prophecy, in being invariably anonymous, and for the same reason."
" It thus appears that the present titles of the Gospels are not traceable to the Evangelists themselves."
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Gospel and Gospels

Right, please?

Regards
Sorry but I need to tip all of that into the trash can. None of the above can be verified, so it has to go down as myth. The gospels are too similar to suggest that they were all fictional novels. How could they be saying the same story when they were written in different times by different people in different parts of the world.
The chances of four unrelated writers telling the same story is one 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

If your happy to accept those odds, I congratulate you on your courage