• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth: either God exists or He don't.

Pilgrim Soldier

Exactly like you do, you mean? You keep on telling us that god created things with "the appearance of age" in order to fool people (which is lying), and then telling the truth in your book of myths.
He's told them it's only 6000 years old, but their experiments show that it's a lot older. I would guess the problem lies with the scientists, God told them but they don't believe because God hasn't given them the gift of understanding the truth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So these christrians believe that God created the universe but He couldn't write a book with any accuracy. OK, I get where they're coming from. They just need to create a more capable god who doesn't talk a bunch of baloney
Real Christians know that God did not write the Bible. Man did. It may be "inspired" but that in no way guarantees perfection.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He's told them it's only 6000 years old, but their experiments show that it's a lot older. I would guess the problem lies with the scientists, God told them but they don't believe because God hasn't given them the gift of understanding the truth.
No, he never said that. That is not in the Bible.

Pilgrim Soldier

No, you used a lying, unscientific source. The ignorance and fear is on your part.

Are you ready to discuss the concept of evidence yet? Or are you still afraid?
You're the one who is afraid to look at the evidence. I presented it but you won't look at it then you say I'm ignorant. Man that's a real heck of an attitude right there

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
He's told them it's only 6000 years old...

Assertion based on nothing but a particular interpretation of an old, inconsistent, often self-contradictory book of myths.

...but their experiments show that it's a lot older

The actual evidence, you mean.

God told them but they don't believe because God hasn't given them the gift of understanding the truth.

You're calling your god a liar again.

Pilgrim Soldier

Assertion based on nothing but a particular interpretation of an old, inconsistent, often self-contradictory book of myths.

The actual evidence, you mean.

You're calling your god a liar again.
Your evidence, it's only as evident as you give it oxygen. I refute and reject it outright. Not giving your enemies the gift of the truth is not lying. It just withholding your property from your enemies

Pilgrim Soldier

Real Christians know that God did not write the Bible. Man did. It may be "inspired" but that in no way guarantees perfection.
What you say would be true, if God wasn't almighty, all powerful, all knowing, sovereign God Creator of all things. But let's suppose He's not a liar for just a moment, what are the implications of that.

Pilgrim Soldier

Yes - that's exactly what Answers in Genesis requires people to do. It's exactly the attitude Glenn Morton encountered when he tried to get YECs to listen to the problems he found.

I've looked at creationist 'evidence' multiple times and found it to be laughably ignorant and/or dishonest. You seem way too frightened to learn anything about real science at all.
It's funny how you claim to have looked at the evidence yet you haven't provided anything but slander in your defence.
You're supposed to call out the false claims and tells us why they're false, you can't just shoot something down because it exposes you

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You're the one who is afraid to look at the evidence. I presented it but you won't look at it then you say I'm ignorant. Man that's a real heck of an attitude right there

You presented no evidence. You do not even understand the concept and are still afraid to discuss the concept. A video made by liars and idiots does not count as evidence.

What part of the evidence do you disagree with and why please

What evidence? You did not post any.

I know you don't believe in God, you don't need to labour the point

You are forgetting that I understand your book of myths better than you do and have corrected you on your errors as to what was in it before. I can do so again.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
So these christrians believe that God created the universe but He couldn't write a book with any accuracy. OK, I get where they're coming from. They just need to create a more capable god who doesn't talk a bunch of baloney

They come to realize that the book in question was written by people, not by God. And people are fallible and misunderstand things.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What you say would be true, if God wasn't almighty, all powerful, all knowing, sovereign God Creator of all things. But let's suppose He's not a liar for just a moment, what are the implications of that.
I never said that God is a liar. You are the one that keeps claiming that he is. You are unfortunately lacking in the education that would show you how you are calling him a liar.
Are you ready to learn?

Pilgrim Soldier

Irony and projection off the scale again. I've wasted many, many hours looking at creationist 'evidence'. You have obviously not done the same with real science.
Funny as hell, you've wasted many hours looking at the evidence and all you can do is slander. Why don't you tell us just one single thing you disagree with and why.
Anyone can slander for the hell of it without making a point but that shows you in a bad light

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Sorry, but this is a logical failure on your part.

And I need to remind you that you are the one that claims God is a liar. The early Christian geologists that refuted the flood knew that God was not a liar. That is why they knew there was no flood.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Funny as hell, you've wasted many hours looking at the evidence and all you can do is slander. Why don't you tell us just one single thing you disagree with and why.
Anyone can slander for the hell of it without making a point but that shows you in a bad light

If you want to discuss claims bring them up one at a time and your errors will be explained to you.

Pilgrim Soldier

You presented no evidence. You do not even understand the concept and are still afraid to discuss the concept. A video made by liars and idiots does not count as evidence.

What evidence? You did not post any.

You are forgetting that I understand your book of myths better than you do and have corrected you on your errors as to what was in it before. I can do so again.
I gave you 57 minutes worth of debunking your beliefs and you can't fault it in any way so you figure the best form of defence is attack the man and not the damning evidence. Can't you see that it makes look like you're running for cover

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I gave you 57 minutes worth of debunking your beliefs and you can't fault it in any way so you figure the best form of defence is attack the man and not the damning evidence. Can't you see that it makes look like you're running for cover
No, you posted a video by liars and idiots. That is not evidence.

Try again.