• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's bond reduced to 175 million

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
He went through the legal process and a judge found in his favor.
Only TDS would cause anyone to automatically assume that a judge ruling in Trump's favor is "preferential treatment".
Not really. No TDS necessary. Just an observation of reality and a comparison of how Trump has been treated in the courts, versus how a regular person is treated in the courts, demonstrates that Trump (and the elite in general) often receive preferential treatment over the Average Joe. This is just another example.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
He went through the legal process and a judge found in his favor.
Only TDS would cause anyone to automatically assume that a judge ruling in Trump's favor is "preferential treatment".

From the article quoted in the OP:

The court did not grant requests from Trump to prohibit the independent monitor or installing an independent director of compliance.​
The AG's office brushed off Monday's ruling in a statement, saying: "Donald Trump is still facing accountability for his staggering fraud. The court has already found that he engaged in years of fraud to falsely inflate his net worth and unjustly enrich himself, his family, and his organization. The $464 million judgment — plus interest — against Donald Trump and the other defendants still stands."​

It is my understanding that bond is imposed to reduce risk. I detest Trump, but I see no threat of him shipping his property to Monaco and fleeing the country. All the Court did was deprive us of some much anticipated catharsis.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Not really. No TDS necessary. Just an observation of reality and a comparison of how Trump has been treated in the courts, versus how a regular person is treated in the courts, demonstrates that Trump (and the elite in general) often receive preferential treatment over the Average Joe. This is just another example.
Do you believe he'll be found innocent and released?

Laniakea

Not of this world
I don't think you know what hate speech really is. It is not just criticizing a specific person, it is not even expressing hate for that person.

Google "Definition of Hate Speech.

noun: hate speech
  1. abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or similar grounds.
Nice biased definition, as if it's not possible to hate someone for any other reason.
But it fits the liberal narrative, so SCORE! :rolleyes:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Nice biased definition, as if it's not possible to hate someone for any other reason.
But it fits the liberal narrative, so SCORE! :rolleyes:
You can hate someone for all kinds of reasons. For example, you can hate someone because they are a racist, white supremacist, rapist, who lead a political coup against a democracy, and promotes policies that benefit the rich at the expense of the poor and middle class, who promotes misinformation about environmental science and health science. That is a perfectly good reason to hate someone.

But that is not what is meant by the term "hate speech".

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
This is an exceptional case in that it has a fine of nearly 1/2 billion dollars. That is rarely seen in a civil case.

It's a level of fraud rarely seen.

The original penalty was just the amount that Trump profited from his crime. It's increased since then at the standard interest rate.

Do you think criminals should profit from their crimes? Complaining about the amount Trump has to pay implies that you do.

F1fan

Veteran Member

F1fan

Veteran Member
I figure it's only a ballpark figure of 437,500 sneakers to cover it.
What's the unit cost on those things? I'm sure he got the cost down by demanding lead-based paint. Too bad for Trump supporters, they can't afford to lose any IQ points.

Laniakea

Not of this world
It's a level of fraud rarely seen.

The original penalty was just the amount that Trump profited from his crime. It's increased since then at the standard interest rate.

Do you think criminals should profit from their crimes? Complaining about the amount Trump has to pay implies that you do.
I believe everyone should be able to appeal a court's decision, and that it not be overly burdensome to do so.