• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump vs. Biden, "other religions" religious freedom

Will Trump or Biden be better for religious freedom in a diversity of religions?

• I think Trump will be better and I have evidence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think Biden will be better and I have evidence

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I think Trump will be better based on my intuition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think Biden will be better based on my intuition

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Out of Trump and Biden, which candidate do you think will be better for religious freedom that isn't Trump's self-identified religion of "Christian"?

This is in the non-debates forum.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Much depends on what is deemed covered by the term "religious freedom." So, for example, I assume that Trump would be far more supportive of Chelsey Nelson but also far more wedded to the most vile islamophobia.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Out of Trump and Biden, which candidate do you think will be better for religious freedom that isn't Trump's self-identified religion of "Christian"?

Trump has no religious nor moral and ethical identity, and supports evangelical Christians only for his political gain, because they get him elected. He does not condemn QAnon, because 'they like me' and vote for him, and he is inconsistent and waffles on 'White Supremacy,' because they support him. Actually the Evangelical right does not really like Trump, but use him to get their religious agenda moving the USA toward a theocracy. His Islamaphobia is part of his agenda, and has lead to increased violence against many minorities including Muslims. Going back to his campaign of 2016 he advocated violence against those that did not support him.

The bottom line is Trump has encouraged extreme violent polarization in the USA, and this is dangerous for all those that do not agree with him including religious minorities.

I would vote for Trump for the javelin catcher in the Japan Olympics.

pearl

Considering Trump's biased history with Muslims, one of the three major religions practiced in the USA, he does not equate with religious freedom. He may, when it suits his politics, refer to himself as a 'Christian', mainline Protestantism, but the hypocrisy is evident.

• Jesus: “Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you.”
    Trump: “When people wrong you, go after those people, because it is a good feeling and because other people will see you doing it. I always get even.”

10 Donald Trump Quotes That Should Horrify His Evangelical Supporters | HuffPost

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Im going by Obama's first inaugural speech where he included a list of various religions and did include non-believers in his list. Not solid evidence of what Biden will do, but it's a step above the hate and divisive vitriol.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm echoing others. Trump uses conservative Christians by giving them political goodies. And for Jews who like the right-wing Israeli government, he's on point.

But not the rest of the religious folk.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump's banning of Muslims coming here, which he only modified when he was told that the courts would likely declare it unconstitutional, is quite telling.

Therefore, In chose Curtain #2.