• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump proves he doesn't believe in God

That seems to be a false claim, because he actually said: "He comes out with a platform...There will be no oil. There will be no God. There will be no guns.". The 'there will be no God' is taken out of context that tells basically, if Biden is elected, Biden and his group will be antitheist and anti-gun owning. In other words, Trump seems to be saying, if Biden is selected, people lose their right to own guns and religious freedom.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That seems to be a false claim, because he actually said: "He comes out with a platform...There will be no oil. There will be no God. There will be no guns.". The 'there will be no God' is taken out of context that tells basically, if Biden is elected, Biden and his group will be antitheist and anti-gun owning. In other words, Trump seems to be saying, if Biden is selected, people lose their right to own guns and religious freedom.
Good.
You researched the bogus quote so that I didn't have to.

I wonder...
Of all the quotes attributed by the left to Trump,
how many did he actually say? The could be
honest, & quote him accurately....there's still
plenty to legitimately stoke their hatred & anger.

Fun with quotes!
What's in the article....
"The sleepy campaign has joined forces with those trying to tear down America and our way of life," Trump said. "He comes out with a platform...There will be no oil. There will be no God. There will be no guns."

Remove a few words, & he now claims that Biden is God's chosen one....
"The sleepy campaign has joined forces with those trying to tear down America and our way of life," Trump said. "He comes out with a platform...There will be no oil. There will be no God. There will be no guns."

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Good.
You researched the bogus quote so that I didn't have to.

I wonder...
Of all the quotes attributed by the left to Trump,
how many did he actually say? The could be
honest, & quote him accurately....there's still
plenty to legitimately stoke their hatred & anger.

It's hard to determine what he said.

What's easy to determine is the stuff he says on Twitter. It destroys everyone's benefit of a doubt for him, so that when claims come up, people are reluctant to give a benefit of a doubt.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's honestly really hard to tell with GOP politicians these days. To be perfectly honest.
Not just GOP.
But, yeah, they're the worst.

By a large margin.
Something else I can't help but notice. They're the most overtly Christian politicians. And overt Christian voters tend to vote for the most overtly sleazy politicians, like Trump.

Go figure....
Maybe religion taught Christian folks to believe whatever they want to and justify it later, by whatever means necessary?
That's what I believe.
Tom

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Not just GOP.
But, yeah, they're the worst.

By a large margin.
Something else I can't help but notice. They're the most overtly Christian politicians. And overt Christian voters tend to vote for the most overtly sleazy politicians, like Trump.

Go figure....
Maybe religion taught Christian folks to believe whatever they want to and justify it later, by whatever means necessary?
That's what I believe.
Tom

I just think that some Protestant Christians want their own Pope in the form of a strong unifying leader etc, and will take anything that fits that description, even if said leader is just pretending to be all of those characteristics.