• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump calls the Constitution "fake news":

dad

Undefeated
The very first amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion
The Protestants didn't want Christianity shoved down the throats of other people.
The Deists, Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Monroe didn't want Christianity or Deism shoved down the throats of other people.

You will never understand.

In context, the meaning becomes clear. It should be noted Christians do no want pagan religions or practices shoved down their throats!
So, as I mentioned, a godly leader should interpret all things in the proper light, and Christianize the living heck out of it! Ha

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You have no evidence then. OK. Let's face it, the people were mostly Christian and all documents should be interpreted in that light.

I would think that if one is going to disobey the constitution and other documents anyhow...as they do...why not do so IN FAVOUR of a good and proper interpretation of them!? (i.e. Christian)

Two can play at that game.
Are you not able to comprehend the idea that Christian people could create a religious plurality with secular governing documents?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
In context, the meaning becomes clear. It should be noted Christians do no want pagan religions or practices shoved down their throats!
So, as I mentioned, a godly leader should interpret all things in the proper light, and Christianize the living heck out of it! Ha
Not all of them were Christian. It doesn't matter if a majority was, the fact that some of the weren't is enough to know that the amendment was meant to be a wider rule than the narrow Christian-centrist view you're proposing.

ecco

Veteran Member
Year of our Lord = Year of Jesus. Yup.
In this age in the US of course they avoid things having to do with Jesus.

You would do less self contradicting if you could remember what you post.

Since you admit that Trump's executive orders do no bear "In the year of our Lord", why did you criticize Obama for the same thing? Isn't there anything in your Bible that says "Thou shalt not be a hypocrite"?

dad

Undefeated
Not all of them were Christian. It doesn't matter if a majority was, the fact that some of the weren't is enough to know that the amendment was meant to be a wider rule than the narrow Christian-centrist view you're proposing.
I interpret things differently! God centred meant Jesus centred.

dad

Undefeated
You would do less self contradicting if you could remember what you post.

Since you admit that Trump's executive orders do no bear "In the year of our Lord", why did you criticize Obama for the same thing? Isn't there anything in your Bible that says "Thou shalt not be a hypocrite"?
False comparison. No one uses that term any more. Why? There are so many folks who hate Jesus that they have gotten such things shoved under the carpet.

ecco

Veteran Member
Fortunately, our Founding Fathers were more worldly and intelligent than you. So, the leader of our Country, if he follows the Constitution, would make certain no religion, including Your Version of Christianity, is shoved down anyone's throat.

dad

Undefeated
I am not so childish as to "blame" nature for anything. I was referring to you guys who are always clamoring about God's Will.
He wrote us what His will was, no clamour needed. It is clearly not child sacrifices, Sodom and Gommorahsizing culture, disrepecting and ignoring God and any reference or symbols to Him, oppressing His people with ugly laws that try to shut them up, make them go against faith etc etc.

ecco

Veteran Member
False comparison. No one uses that term any more. Why? There are so many folks who hate Jesus that they have gotten such things shoved under the carpet.
Not a false comparison. YOU are the one who complained that Obama didn't use "in the year of our lord". So the comparison is between Trump and Obama. An eight-year-old would understand that.

dad

Undefeated
Fortunately, our Founding Fathers were more worldly and intelligent than you. So, the leader of our Country, if he follows the Constitution, would make certain no religion, including Your Version of Christianity, is shoved down anyone's throat.
Your interpretation is biased according to your preferences, religion and views. I interpret the meaning of no religion to mean no denomination of Christians...hoo ha.

dad

Undefeated
Not a false comparison. YOU are the one who complained that Obama didn't use "in the year of our lord". So the comparison is between Trump and Obama. An eight-year-old would understand that.
Post? You see, I never expected either of the modern leaders to use antiquated language at all. So there. If I mentioned Obama sure wouldn't use it in reference to what it used to mean, that would be to draw the stark comparison that the O man of course would never worship/credit God with anything. (not to say that people literally use that term much today. By the way it is the year of our Lord, 2019, and all saints day!

ecco

Veteran Member
He wrote us what His will was, no clamour needed. It is clearly not child sacrifices, Sodom and Gommorahsizing culture, disrepecting and ignoring God and any reference or symbols to Him, oppressing His people with ugly laws that try to shut them up, make them go against faith etc etc.
Fortunately for me, I do not live in a theocracy. Maybe where you live things are different.

dad

Undefeated
Fortunately for me, I do not live in a theocracy. Maybe where you live things are different.
I recognize that all nations are basically wicked. No country is 'God's country' as far as being righteous and good. If I see some poor leader somewhere making some effort to recognize a Christian heritage, and give some respect to God and His word and people, well, cudos to em.

ecco

Veteran Member
I didn't see Obama mark his little dictates and exec orders with year of the Lord.
Post? ...
If I mentioned Obama sure wouldn't use it in reference to what it used to mean,

You really need to try to remember what you post. I looked it up for you this time. I won't do it again. Next time I'll just remind you that you intentionally post and forget.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Post? You see, I never expected either of the modern leaders to use antiquated language at all. So there. If I mentioned Obama sure wouldn't use it in reference to what it used to mean, that would be to draw the stark comparison that the O man of course would never worship/credit God with anything. (not to say that people literally use that term much today. By the way it is the year of our Lord, 2019, and all saints day!
Have you ever heard Trump say anything even close to ....

"“This magnificent grace, this expansive grace, this ‘Amazing Grace’ calls me to reflect. And it calls me to pray. It calls me to ask God for forgiveness for the times that I’ve not shown grace to others, those times that I’ve fallen short.”
-Barack Obama, 2011 Easter Prayer Breakfast

“I was reminded that while our time on Earth is fleeting, he is eternal. His life, his lessons live on in our hearts and, most importantly, in our actions. When we tend to the sick, when we console those in pain, when we sacrifice for those in need, wherever and whenever we are there to give comfort and to guide and to love, then Christ is with us.”
-Barack Obama, 2013 at Church of the Nativity

dad

Undefeated
You really need to try to remember what you post. I looked it up for you this time. I won't do it again. Next time I'll just remind you that you intentionally post and forget.
Speaking of remembering, look a few posts up. You would have seen this

"If I mentioned Obama sure wouldn't use it in reference to what it used to mean, that would be to draw the stark comparison that the O man of course would never worship/credit God with anything. (not to say that people literally use that term much today. By the way it is the year of our Lord, 2019, and all saints day!"

In other words, we sure would not have expected the Obama admin to reference Jesus such as the fathers did. NOT that anyone foolishly thought the saying was still widespread.

dad

Undefeated
Have you ever heard Trump say anything even close to ....

"“This magnificent grace, this expansive grace, this ‘Amazing Grace’ calls me to reflect. And it calls me to pray. It calls me to ask God for forgiveness for the times that I’ve not shown grace to others, those times that I’ve fallen short.”
-Barack Obama, 2011 Easter Prayer Breakfast
?? Pray to whom? There is no amazing grace that I recall cited in the bible, that seems to refer to the old spiritual song. It also then refers to himself and his works and what so called 'grace' he shows. Christians on Easter are thinking about the Savior who rose from the dead, not some vague reference to a word that can be used many ways to different people.

“I was reminded that while our time on Earth is fleeting, he is eternal. His life, his lessons live on in our hearts and, most importantly, in our actions.
Who? Bad spirits are also eternal in that they live on also. Of course our time is fleeting, nothing that all religions do not know.

When we tend to the sick, when we console those in pain, when we sacrifice for those in need, wherever and whenever we are there to give comfort and to guide and to love, then Christ is with us.”
-Barack Obama, 2013 at Church of the Nativity

At least he said the name. However, we are saved by accepting Him, not by feeding the poor and etc. Works save no one...ever. Those who do works in their own name don't have Christ with them necessarily.