• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True story, technically makes sense, but really belongs here.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Hey if you want to call yourself a furry , maybe the animal control should take you away and put you into the pound, and give you a water and supper dish and a can of dog or cat food while waiting to be adopted!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What a boomer take. Big shock, a state filled with a bunch of old traditionalists fails to see a different community as just people existing and instead chooses to see them as threats.

Furries are harmless. They practically run the IT world. Who cares if they dress up or enjoy a certain art style? It's literally harming nobody.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Hey if you want to call yourself a furry , maybe the animal control should take you away and put you into the pound, and give you a water and supper dish and a can of dog or cat food while waiting to be adopted!

Well, some of us guys have hair growing all over our bodies, except on top of our heads where it's supposed to be. Do we risk getting locked up as some kind of furry because of our natural hair growth? Are we going to be forced to shave from head to toe?

Other than that, I think the First Amendment still applies, and why are they so worried about this when there are probably more pressing issues facing public schools these days? Some of this stuff I've been hearing from various school districts and states is ridiculous. No wonder our educational system lags behind the rest of the industrialized world.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to have a pair of cat ears and a tail that I'd vvear vvith a really plain black dress I had...

No one cared. At all.

I don't see the big deal.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I used to have a pair of cat ears and a tail that I'd vvear vvith a really plain black dress I had...

No one cared. At all.

I don't see the big deal.
Its cute when kids are pretending they are things that they're not, but sometimes it gets a little too far which might warrant some more extreme but compassionate measures to knock them out of their delusion.

If you want to pretend you're a dog or a cat well maybe if people treated you like a dog or a cat that you claim to be, you might not want to be a dog or a cat anymore, and that will be that.

I see the bill as something that you could call a life lesson in making sure that kids grow up to be normal and well adjusted later on. I feel that's the point of it being proposed in the first place and it would be a hoot if parents cooperated with that and "adopted" their kids back out of the pound, a little worse for wear of the experience. *grin*

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Its cute when kids are pretending they are things that they're not, but sometimes it gets a little too far which might warrant some more extreme but compassionate measures to knock them out of their delusion.

If you want to pretend you're a dog or a cat well maybe if people treated you like a dog or a cat that you claim to be, you might not want to be a dog or a cat anymore, and that will be that.

I see the bill as something that you could call a life lesson in making sure that kids grow up to be normal and well adjusted later on. I feel that's the point of it being proposed in the first place and it would be a hoot if parents cooperated with that and "adopted" their kids back out of the pound, a little worse for wear of the experience. *grin*
In my case, it vvas a vvay to jazz up an old dress. I didn't actually act like a cat.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
When I was studying psychology I was at a party where we were all to act like a particular animal. I was feeling antisocial and so climbed onto a love seat, crouched down and hissed at anyone who came close Fun! And since this was part of our training, educational as well. Now I've evolved into being a dog - a step forward. WOOF!

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
What I find interesting is how people are actually arguing that the people pretending to be cats in schools should not be treated like they were an actual cat in the school.