• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Religion

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome!!!

You have a good view point.
However I defined True Religion as "A set of predefined activities and practices which, when properly performed, lead to Prosperity and Emancipation".

After a good research on this subject and practicing those specified set of activities I believe that everyone shall agree to this definition.

Religion has to provide the above mentioned services namely the Emancipation and the Prosperity. So the Religion which provides these both is certainly the True Religion.

Thanks!!!

Emancipation and Prosperity both require some sort of definition for me to be able to respond.
From whom does one require emancipation? What form does this prosperity take?

Jiddanand

यतो अभ्युदयनिश्रेयस सिद्धि स धर्मः

By which prosperity and emancipation are acquired, that is religion.

A Vestigial Mote

What is the true religion?

Based on this and past threads of yours - as well as replies to this thread where you appear to believe you have the only valid "definition", etc., my best guess is that you believe you already know. Which begs the question: why exactly are you asking?

A Vestigial Mote

By which prosperity and emancipation are acquired, that is religion.

पैर बदबू आती है और पनीर की जाएगी

Like you, I grabbed the above text from a source I am not willing to disclose for fear of revealing its lack of credibility.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
धर्मं is not exactly the same thing as "religion", and I think in this case the difference is significant. I would agree very easily that if there is no emancipation or prosperity, that one must not be on the correct path. The idea of social identity with "a religion" is not required to understand this.

Jiddanand

धर्मं is not exactly the same thing as "religion", and I think in this case the difference is significant. I would agree very easily that if there is no emancipation or prosperity, that one must not be on the correct path. The idea of social identity with "a religion" is not required to understand this.
Dharma is attribute and Religion is relationship?

Jiddanand

We all have a true or factual relationship with the family already. Means we all have true religion always with us in the form of our relationships.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
True religion for me is that which is realized within, organised religion can be a good stepping stone, but its not until we go within and truly discover our own inner truth, for that's the only place we will ever know truth.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Yato abhyudaya nihshreyas siddhi sa dharmah"

Common translation: Which brings 'rise' and 'best achievement', that is 'dharma'.

Abhyudaya: commencing, festival, rise, increase, begin, happiness, sunrise or rise of luminaries, good result, elevation, beginning, religious celebration, prosperity.

Nihshreyas: most excellent, having no better, best i.e. ultimate bliss, knowledge that brings it, conception, faith, apprehension, final beatitude, supreme happiness, belief, ultimate bliss, best.
http://spokensanskrit.de/