• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Blood Buffy and others

Riders

WellI am a die hard Buffy fan, seen every episode 10 thousand times. Inever liked the 7th season, 6 th season was ok but I prefer the first 5 seasons of Buffy.

The 3rd season was my favorite, and also the 4th.

I just started watching True Blood for the first time ever! Its free on Amazon right now through HBO cool! Ive been told its about a romance, and yes I get the romance theme. But I also think its about sexuality and also racism and bigotry. It looks cool, I will watch it. I have seen the first 3 episodes.

I started out watching Vampire Diaries first and or maybe second season, not too many of them but several episodes. I think I got lost and confused as tow hat was going and quit watching it, but I may go back and rewatch it.

I did watch a few epsiodes of The Shadow Hinters but I thought they quit airing it is that right does anyone know? Is it still playing?

Who else has favorites of Vampire tv shows? Any new ones out? I have watched 3 or 4 episde sof the walking Dead? is that what its called popular cable Zombie thing, I hated it, everyone's watching it but I hate the Zombie genre!

I am a Vampire fan! any new gossip out there, any new Vampire shows I have not seen showing now? I guess the Zombie genre has replaced Vampires? I remember when I was 5 years old looking at dark shadows.........is'nt there suppose to eb a new Dark Shadows out or was??????

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
WellI am a die hard Buffy fan, seen every episode 10 thousand times. Inever liked the 7th season, 6 th season was ok but I prefer the first 5 seasons of Buffy.
I saw that. I noticed that the quality improved over time as the producers and writers improved.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Never read the stories but I always liked this graphic, reminds me of the old woodcuts I am so fond of.
61i%2Bm-rM-WL.jpg

Team Varney or Team Orlok?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

The 3rd season was my favorite, and also the 4th.

I just started watching True Blood for the first time ever! Its free on Amazon right now through HBO cool! Ive been told its about a romance, and yes I get the romance theme. But I also think its about sexuality and also racism and bigotry. It looks cool, I will watch it. I have seen the first 3 episodes.

I started out watching Vampire Diaries first and or maybe second season, not too many of them but several episodes. I think I got lost and confused as tow hat was going and quit watching it, but I may go back and rewatch it.

I did watch a few epsiodes of The Shadow Hinters but I thought they quit airing it is that right does anyone know? Is it still playing?

Who else has favorites of Vampire tv shows? Any new ones out? I have watched 3 or 4 episde sof the walking Dead? is that what its called popular cable Zombie thing, I hated it, everyone's watching it but I hate the Zombie genre!

I am a Vampire fan! any new gossip out there, any new Vampire shows I have not seen showing now? I guess the Zombie genre has replaced Vampires? I remember when I was 5 years old looking at dark shadows.........is'nt there suppose to eb a new Dark Shadows out or was??????
Lol seventh season Buffy was when you could tell Whedon was spending more time on Angel and other products. Eighth “season” is pretty fun though.

Also Tara and Willow OTP!!!!

I was most upset when they cancelled Moonlight after just one season. It was like a rebooted Angel, minus the demonic lawyers.

True Blood was cool until they started throwing in every mythical creature known to mankind. The books were cool too.

Vampire Diaries was fun but I think knowing the books might have been necessary to follow the story lol. At least at first.

I heard rumours they wanted to make a Vampire Academy series after the train wreck that was the movie adaption. I’m not in America so maybe they did already I don’t know. But I wouldn’t mind it. If they stuck close to the source material. That series was like my Twilight during my teen years.

Not exactly vampire related, but I am quite fond of Grimm, despite its clear desperation to hold onto its formula and status quo. It clearly holds the philosophy of “organic storytelling be damned” which does stunt its potential admittedly.

Riders

WHOA! Not loving True Bloods as much. I did until the 8th and 9th episode when it turned into the second movie in the Twilight series. YIKES! So there's a serial killer who killed Sookies Grandma Bill has to leave to do a Vampire court thing with the guy who stole money from the Vamp Bar.

He asks Merlott to protect Sookie which hes gone, he could just told the cops, he could've brought Sookie with him.

For that matter Sookie could have stayed with relatives or her brother instead. But he has to ask the other guy who's in love with her just like Twilight, I forget names Edward did with the guy who was the were wolf. Now big surprise Sookie finds out hes a shape shifter who turns into dogs, like were wolves my my.Not interested in watching Twilight fan fiction but Ill watch it awhile longer see if it gets any better.

Erebus

Got to give a shout-out to "The Strain" here.

Guillermo Del Toro tends to put his own spin on folklore in a way that I personally can't get enough of. His approach to vampires clears up one of my main criticisms of a lot of modern vampire fiction. There's a tendency to portray vampires as gloomy superheros whose "curse" is enormous strength and speed, immortality and astonishing good looks. A few will dip their toes into how immortality could be hellish but generally only as a token effort to justify the Byronic image they wanted their vampires to have.

Del Toro's vampires are horrific. There's a strong element of body horror present in the transformation from human to vampire that certainly makes the condition unattractive.

Riders

Got to give a shout-out to "The Strain" here.

Guillermo Del Toro tends to put his own spin on folklore in a way that I personally can't get enough of. His approach to vampires clears up one of my main criticisms of a lot of modern vampire fiction. There's a tendency to portray vampires as gloomy superheros whose "curse" is enormous strength and speed, immortality and astonishing good looks. A few will dip their toes into how immortality could be hellish but generally only as a token effort to justify the Byronic image they wanted their vampires to have.

Del Toro's vampires are horrific. There's a strong element of body horror present in the transformation from human to vampire that certainly makes the condition unattractive.

Are you talking about True Blood? Whats The Strain? Its getting better I am liking True Blood. I was just got taken aback by the Twilight scene there.

Looks like the plot is getting thicker. So we have Bill here who has already given a sacrifice by turning one girl into a vampire to his group who required a life from him as punishment for being mainstream. So the Vampires are not so harmless as they made them out to be at the beginning of the series.

Erebus

Are you talking about True Blood? Whats The Strain? Its getting better I am liking True Blood. I was just got taken aback by the Twilight scene there.

Looks like the plot is getting thicker. So we have Bill here who has already given a sacrifice by turning one girl into a vampire to his group who required a life from him as punishment for being mainstream. So the Vampires are not so harmless as they made them out to be at the beginning of the series.

I only saw a couple of seasons of True Blood but I quite liked the hedonistic approach to vampires.

The Strain is another TV series, this one by Guillermo Del Toro that depicts a more feral, ghoulish type of vampire.