• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trouble with one of the latest Alzheimer's treatments:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
right. so people can die if they eat a close relative. Or a virus escapes from a bat maybe? Or a chicken or mad cow. Very problematic. Me personally I'll eat chicken. I will eat beef but not often. I will not eat octopus or monkeys or gorilla meat. In any case, virus or no virus because the thought does not appeal to me.
The ability of viruses to cross species is limited. Some have evolved to cross several species. The flu virus regularly jumps from birds to pigs to humans. But the corona virus rarely does that. When it manages to do that the initial results can be devastating. Sometimes evolution sucks.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Certainly there are other illnesses that are unpleasant. You're not asking me, but I think that all the chemicals put in the soil and food we eat change our brains and possibly bodies not to the betterment. Not to mention plastics and bug sprays.
Which is why we try to limit those.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The ability of viruses to cross species is limited. Some have evolved to cross several species. The flu virus regularly jumps from birds to pigs to humans. But the corona virus rarely does that. When it manages to do that the initial results can be devastating. Sometimes evolution sucks.
Once again, I have not had conversations with gorillas, bonobos, and chimpanzees. They have not told me or anyone that I know if (and I do not hope to know someone who claims that a chimpanzee spoke to him) they are worrying or not looking forward to a debilitating disease. You may guess my conclusions from this, but as far as evolution goes, to me -- maybe not others -- that little difference of DNA makes a whole big difference of cognition. I do believe what Revelation 21:1-5 says. God will do away with death and sickness and sorrow. Gorillas, etc., do not have a book written for others that proclaim such things.

YoursTrue

Which is why we try to limit those.
We? You mean like the government(s) or mankind? Even if you do mean that -- and let's be realistic, meetings they've been having are there to avert closer disaster. IT ISN'T GOING TO WORK, based on several factors. Included among those factors are greed and history of war and selfishness of leaders and people.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Once again, I have not had conversations with gorillas, bonobos, and chimpanzees. They have not told me or anyone that I know if (and I do not hope to know someone who claims that a chimpanzee spoke to him) they are worrying or not looking forward to a debilitating disease. You may guess my conclusions from this, but as far as evolution goes, to me -- maybe not others -- that little difference of DNA makes a whole big difference of cognition. I do believe what Revelation 21:1-5 says. God will do away with death and sickness and sorrow. Gorillas, etc., do not have a book written for others that proclaim such things.
There is no need to communicate with gorillas and chimps. Why do you keep using useless "So what?" arguments?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We? You mean like the government(s) or mankind? Even if you do mean that -- and let's be realistic, meetings they've been having are there to avert closer disaster. IT ISN'T GOING TO WORK, based on several factors. Included among those factors are greed and history of war and selfishness of leaders and people.
Not true at all. It is a pity that you have no understanding of the sciences or of how they have probably saved your life many times over.

YoursTrue

Not true at all. It is a pity that you have no understanding of the sciences or of how they have probably saved your life many times over.
i am surprised you are so naive. We are not talking about sciences here. We are talking about the nations to quell the impact of harmful substances imposed on human population by greedy chemical makers and governments who permit their use.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
i am surprised you are so naive. We are not talking about sciences here. We are talking about the nations to quell the impact of harmful substances imposed on human population by greedy chemical makers and governments who permit their use.
Oh my! There goes another irony meter.

Sorry, but "greedy chemical makers" is not the answer. You would be dead without them.

YoursTrue

Oh my! There goes another irony meter.

Sorry, but "greedy chemical makers" is not the answer. You would be dead without them.
OK, now I see that you are not reasoning correctly. I can show you 'scientific' articles demonstrating the devastation of agricultural chemicals, but at this point, since you are not wanting to recognize the reality, why bother? Hey, have a good day! :) Enjoy your wandering evolution.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
OK, now I see that you are not reasoning correctly. I can show you 'scientific' articles demonstrating the devastation of agricultural chemicals, but at this point, since you are not wanting to recognize the reality, why bother? Hey, have a good day! :) Enjoy your wandering evolution.
Oh my! No, to be a "scientific article" the writers cannot ignore what their source is actually saying. They lied to you and you bought their lies. The source that they linked refuted them. They merely cherry picked some statistics out of context. I can't believe that you forgot so soon. That was the last toe that you shot off with that article.