• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgenderism

InChrist

Free4ever
Oh, it's just a joke based upon some people believing
that people & dinosaurs existed simultaneously.
And of course, that applies to only a minority of believers.
Serious matters need humor. It calms the savages, many
of whom are atheists (who can be a nasty bunch at times).
BTW, you've always been kind to me. You're a valuable
poster here.
Okay, I understand and you’re right, humor is important and often needed. As the Bible says…

A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, But by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. Proverbs 15:13

Audie

Veteran Member
Not to mention that a woman was created from the rib of a man created from dirt, and that they were both tempted by a talking serpent with a forbidden fruit from a tree of life. Yes, apparently Christians can firmly believe mythological stories like the creation myth while also adamantly rejecting evolution.
It's coz the evidence isn't convincing

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I was told that, as a Christian woman, I was required to offer my husband sex anytime he desired it, and that if I did not submit to him, he had the right to force me. I've also been told that I should keep my mouth shut when my husband is speaking and never question or criticize him or other men. My husband's grandfather (an outspoken conservative Christian) even told him shortly after we married that he needed to "break my will" if he wanted a good marriage with a submissive wife.
:oops: Condoning rape. O.M.G.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
There is that fringe element within Christianity, which I consider totally in conflict with the scriptures. Doug Philips used to promote similar stuff, promoting “godly marriage” holding up his marriage as an example, all the while he having an illicit relationship with a young woman. Then there’s Bill Gothard who taught this stuff about marriage and submission, yet he wasn’t even married. Besides telling people how to run their marriages and families, he occupied himself with molesting teenage girls and young women.
Both these men and their groups were para-church organizations, yet their teachings infiltrated many churches.

Our family went to court in support of an abused wife whose “Christian” husband and father-in-law espoused these unbiblical views.
I was totally into Bill Gothard when I was Christian. Hubby and I went to one of his seminars, got the books, etc and worked on our homework. Ugh!

Audie

Veteran Member
If the US would become more like much of Europe, it will help. God's people often make it less humane. Of course he is a horrible role model.
Considering what a quarrelsome bunch euros have been
over the centuries and the chaos they spread into the world,
maybe not

InChrist

Free4ever
I was totally into Bill Gothard when I was Christian. Hubby and I went to one of his seminars, got the books, etc and worked on our homework. Ugh!
We knew quite a few who went to Gothard seminars and got so into following him…like a cult leader. My husband and I sensed red flags and chose never to attend, in spite of some peer pressure. We did further research and came to the realization he was/is a false teacher and manipulator. So glad we didn’t go down that road. Glad you got away from it.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
We knew quite a few who went to Gothard seminars and got so into following him…like a cult leader. My husband and I sensed red flags and chose never to attend, in spite of some peer pressure. We did further research and came to the realization he was/is a false teacher and manipulator. So glad we didn’t go down that road. Glad you got away from it.
I didn't know much about him to find any red flags. Our church promoted it, so we went with a group. We were fairly new Christians at that point (I think 1993), so we just went right along with it. Oy. Thanks!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As a former Christian and evangelical ministry leader, I can say that Christian men, particularly evangelicals, have done this, not non-Christian men. Some Christian men have reprimanded me for not submitting to what they saw as my husband's authority over me, and they have suggested that I should not hold a leadership position in any Christian ministry because doing so would imply that I have authority over men. I was told that, as a Christian woman, I was required to offer my husband sex anytime he desired it, and that if I did not submit to him, he had the right to force me. I've also been told that I should keep my mouth shut when my husband is speaking and never question or criticize him or other men. My husband's grandfather (an outspoken conservative Christian) even told him shortly after we married that he needed to "break my will" if he wanted a good marriage with a submissive wife. I consider myself fortunate that my husband has always treated me as an equal, despite his grandfather's and father's advice on how to interact with me.

My husband and I have been married for thirty years. Finally, I could share more stories of growing up in a conservative Christian family and then marrying into a conservative Christian family. I am, however, pleased to report that my father-in-law backed down after being threatened with estrangement if he didn't treat me with respect. He treats my daughters and I with respect and hasn't said anything about how he believes we should submit to my husband.
Such misogyny is another reason I struggled accepting I'm trans. They treat being a woman like it's a curse.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
How is it that you are not aware of the technological advances being made towards augmenting the human body?

My grandmother's pacemaker added fifteen years to her life. Are you against that?