• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trangenderism

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
Hi all

I've been wondering. Why is it that in Christianity, these guys and gals are not accepted as there is no real prohibition. Deut 22:5 Is really the only objection, but is mostly misquoted.

I would like to here from other religions, how do they accommodate these people

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I've never heard of Christianity rejecting transgenderism. Who told you about this?(By the way, does anyone know how to fix the posting on my laptop? No matter what I do, it always leaves out spaces in between sentences, occassionally deletes words, and I have to re-log-in every time I post, and sometimes it logs me out randomly)

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
I've never heard of Christianity rejecting transgenderism.

This is a typical view:

The biblical view is that God's intent for every male is to grow into masculinity, and for every female to grow into femininity. When that doesn't happen, the culture has come up with new labels to describe something new and different: transgendered, transsexual. I believe God isn't affected by these new labels nor does He have to honor them: He sees the people behind the labels as His precious, broken children. It's only recently that the culture has tried to suggest that "a woman in a man's body" and vice versa is a variation of what is normal and right. The biology of sex alone tells us that homosexuality (under which these other categories of emotional/sexual dysfunction should be put) is not normal. The Bible tells us (Gen 1:26) that God's intent is heterosexuality, with definite boundaries between men and women in both appearance and behavior. (I can give you more information on this concept if you want.) - Probe Ministries - Probe Ministries

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Ok, thanks, I thought by transgender you meant hermaphrodites (which are rather rare). I think there actually is a verse about crossdressing (man dressing like woman and woman dressing like man). But if a woman really is in a man's body or vice versa, that's not somehow a sin on the part of the person. It's no more of a "sin" than having autism or down syndrome. If they feel the need to be the other gender, they have sex-change operations for that nowadays (surely there is no verse stating that sex-changing is a sin?).