• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trangender man shoots up Christian school

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I'm sure by now that all of you have heard the news of teh school shooting in Tenessee. I figured I'd start a place for us to discuss it. The bare facts so far is that the shooter identifies as a transgender man, although most articles I've read seem to refer to him as she/her. Wonder what that's all about? Anyhow, he is a former student from the school.

Question: is this a targeting of a religion because it won't go along with teh transgender ideology? Because if that is the case, then this is a hate crime. We can only wait and see what investigation reveals. So far, the state's representative is calling for the shooter's manifesto to be made public. I think that's a good idea.

IndigoChild5559

Why would that be a hate crime?

Generally, when someone acts out violently against their abuser, the assumption is that there are mitigating factors at play.
Anytime you target a religion with violence, it's a hate crime. Doesn't matter if its Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, whatever.

There is no mitigating factor for shooting up little kids. Are you kidding me?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Anytime you target a religion with violence, it's a hate crime. Doesn't matter if its Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, whatever.
So you aren't basing your opinion on anything deeper than that. Got it.

There is no mitigating factor for shooting up little kids. Are you kidding me?
No, I'm not.

Edit: what do you think will be uncovered in the weeks and months to come about Hale's experience as a student at the school?

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sure by now that all of you have heard the news of teh school shooting in Tenessee. I figured I'd start a place for us to discuss it. The bare facts so far is that the shooter identifies as a transgender man, although most articles I've read seem to refer to him as she/her. Wonder what that's all about? Anyhow, he is a former student from the school.

Question: is this a targeting of a religion because it won't go along with teh transgender ideology? Because if that is the case, then this is a hate crime. We can only wait and see what investigation reveals. So far, the state's representative is calling for the shooter's manifesto to be made public. I think that's a good idea.

There's already a whole, very heated thread about this incident...

IndigoChild5559

So you aren't basing your opinion on anything deeper than that. Got it.

No, I'm not.

Edit: what do you think will be uncovered in the weeks and months to come about Hale's experience as a student at the school?
They will talk about how he was bullied in school, same as virtually all school shooters.

IndigoChild5559

So then why have you decided that the shooting was a hate crime?
Because I suspect that when the manifesto becomes public, it will outline a hatred not just for this one school or those particular kids who bullied him, but for Christianity, which does not adopt the transgender ideology. I suspect that the man will declare that the Christianity and Christians are jointly responsible for what he views as a personal threat against him, thus making it "okay" for him to target perfectly innocent people simply because they were at a Christian school. But that's just me feeling out the probability, what I think will likely happen. Until the manifesto is made public, it is only an intelligent guess.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I was unaware that the assailant was abused by the tree nine-year-old children, nor have I heard evidence that Hale was abused by the three adults. What precisely, makes their murder " less severe, serious, or painful"?
Christians are a thorn in the side for transpeople. Like how they call us confused, ban our treatment, insist we are sexual predators, obsess with regrets and failed transitions in ways they don't with other medical procedures, some states (I believe Tennessee is one) warn people of our presence, amd they go on at length at how we're damned sinners making a mockery of their god's design. A friend of mine has been coming out, and I have got to hear a lot about people praying for this person amd hoping this person gets (what they think is a) "suitable" spouse to make this person realize being trans isn't what's really going on. But that's something that's very commonly shared among trans people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Because I suspect that when the manifesto becomes public, it will outline a hatred not just for this one school or those particular kids who bullied him, but for Christianity, which does not adopt the transgender ideology. I suspect that the man will declare that the Christianity and Christians are jointly responsible for what he views as a personal threat against him, thus making it "okay" for him to target perfectly innocent people simply because they were at a Christian school. But that's just me feeling out the probability, what I think will likely happen. Until the manifesto is made public, it is only an intelligent guess.
There is no "transgender ideology" and lots of Christians do accept being trans as another way their god makes people.
Doesn't seem like a very intelligent or informed guess to me.

Palehorse

There's gotta be somthn in the bibles bout prostitute we berians that explains it...after all trump is prysteberiantian.....idk