• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Touch Me

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I have a bubble. I can't stand being touched. It makes me cringe.

Even during intimacy, touching me sent shivers down my spine, and not in a good way. Don't get me wrong, touching my partner was a turn-on and was awesome. But being touched had the complete opposite effect. I need to know when someone is touching me and where, otherwise, I react extremely unfavorably.

No, to the best of my knowledge, I was never sexually abused or anything like that. I just don't like anyone touching me.

Is there anyone else here that experiences similar sensations? Or am I alone in this?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do know that there is a huge difference between doing and being done to, and I suspect that the people I have touched for the most part did not have the unpleasantness attached to doing it as I have sometimes, so I think that what you are experiencing is not too much out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

74x12

Even during intimacy, touching me sent shivers down my spine, and not in a good way. Don't get me wrong, touching my partner was a turn-on and was awesome. But being touched had the complete opposite effect. I need to know when someone is touching me and where, otherwise, I react extremely unfavorably.

No, to the best of my knowledge, I was never sexually abused or anything like that. I just don't like anyone touching me.

Is there anyone else here that experiences similar sensations? Or am I alone in this?
I could be like that depending on what mood I'm in.

Electra

Yes, i have some moments like this.
Espesually if it's while i am about to sleep/sleeping.

Mine is trauma related though.

I love touching people though.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As a general rule of thumb, I try to avoid letting people I don't know touch me because it makes me very uncomfortable. Hugs from strangers make me want to jump out of my skin, and even just feeling a hand or finger can trigger my social anxieties.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
No wonder we like each other, Salix. You don't like being touched, and I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole. :D

Craig Sedok

No demon can say so I would say you are an OK lonely one. You are some that just need to be what you are. Do you have a pet to enjoy?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It makes me cringe.
Ask your partner to touch you more, perhaps it will reduce the phobia. It is not fair that you do the touching and do not allow the same to your partner.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ask your partner to touch you more, perhaps it will reduce the phobia. It is not fair that you do the touching and do not allow the same to your partner.
For some of us I don't think there is any reducing it. There are hugging machines, after all, because some people loath being touched. It's like that "nails on a chalkboard" sound, but in the form of touch rather than sound. Even if it's a very young child, their touch makes me cringe.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Ask your partner to touch you more, perhaps it will reduce the phobia.

I don't think it's a phobia. There is no fear involved. I just don't like the sensation. The best way I can describe it is disruptive. Think of the food you dislike the most. Do you think eating more of it will make you like it?

Anyway, I am currently partner-free, so it's currently a nonissue.

It is not fair that you do the touching and do not allow the same to your partner.

You're assuming that I did not allow it. I did. It was just extremely unpleasant.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No demon can say so I would say you are an OK lonely one. You are some that just need to be what you are. Do you have a pet to enjoy?

I am rarely lonely. I quite enjoy my solitude.

No pets. With my work schedule, they would likely not enjoy living here.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I like to get touched by females. Do you find females to be unattractive or straight up creepy? Have you ever experienced a female who got you aroused?
Well...Italian girls tend to be very expansive, even with male friends.
So in high school I had female classmates who had fun tickling me...or they used to hug me...
But now that I think about it, it was because they knew I was not into girls...so I was "harmless".
Yeah..I kinda feel bothered by the female touch...lol