• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ehav4Ever

I decided to addres a few questions about Torath Mosheh here in this thread. It will make it easier to explain what the term means and why it is used in a number of Jewish sources.

I am working on a video to give more detail. I hope to have it done soon. Until then this video may give some detail.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I think some people are just wondering why you use that terminology and not more common terms such as Judaism (you are posting in the Orthodox Judaism DIR and not the Torath Mosheh DIR, after all) or saying "Jews" or "religious Jews" instead of "Torath Mosheh Jews".

Ehav4Ever

I think some people are just wondering why you use that terminology and not more common terms such as Judaism (you are posting in the Orthodox Judaism DIR and not the Torath Mosheh DIR, after all) or saying "Jews" or "religious Jews" instead of "Torath Mosheh Jews".

I am creating a video to explain all of that. If the distinction is needed I can create a Torath Mosheh DIR. I am still new to the forum so I wasn't sure what the rules were about starting a new DIR were. I will check it out and move this thread there. Thanks for the input.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I am creating a video to explain all of that. If the distinction is needed I can create a Torath Mosheh DIR. I am still new to the forum so I wasn't sure what the rules were about starting a new DIR were. I will check it out and move this thread there. Thanks for the input.
Thanks for taking the time to make videos, but I think people would prefer a written answer in this case. Short and to the point, you know?

Ehav4Ever

Thanks for taking the time to make videos, but I think people would prefer a written answer in this case. Short and to the point, you know?

No problem and thank you for your comment. The problem is that there is no way to write out the differences exist between different terms and such as they exist between difference Jewish communities. For example, most English speakers know little to nothing about Sephardic, Mizrahi, and Yemenite Jews - most only know of Ashkenazi Jews - so trying to introduce them to a segment of Jewish history they have never heard of take time and detail.

Edited: I am sorry. I thought your comment was in a different thread.

Last edited:

Ehav4Ever

So, I am going to be leaving RF soon to focus on other endeavers. Before I go I want to post here some information that I have been working on. Some of the information is from position papers or responses I have made to questions I have been asked. They are not fully edited yet, but they may help a bit. I will post them bit by bit in this thread.

Ehav4Ever

Kiruv and(or) Conversion: A Torath Mosheh Q&A

Attachments

• Kiruv or Conversion Rev5.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Kiruv or Conversion Rev5.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Ehav4Ever

Top Model, Choices, and Shabbat - Institute of Jewish Ideas and Ideals site

Attachments

• Top Model, Choices, and Shabbat _ Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals.pdf
    379.5 KB · Views: 0