• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Took an online quiz

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I don't think that the quiz is saying what you should practice, just telling you how much you share in common with certain religions.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Um, really? not sure how that is possible
Numerical analytic value that important?

Edit: The answer to question one is "mu," and I don't see it on the list.

Edit: The only question that actually counts towards your result is #12. Do you know why?

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Numerical analytic value that important?

Edit: The answer to question one is "mu," and I don't see it on the list.

Edit: The only question that actually counts towards your result is #12. Do you know why?

Actually I don't think that analysis is accurate in this instance, and, still, these quizzes aren't completely specific, that's why there are multiple questions.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Hmm. Sikhism is #4 this time for me. It is true that Sikhism is well liked. :D

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Mahayana Buddhism (99%)
3. Taoism (98%)
4. Sikhism (95%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (92%)
6. Jainism (90%)
7. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (89%)
8. Neo-Pagan (89%)
9. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (86%)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Hmm. Sikhism is #4 this time for me. It is true that Sikhism is well liked. :D

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Mahayana Buddhism (99%)
3. Taoism (98%)
4. Sikhism (95%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (92%)
6. Jainism (90%)
7. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (89%)
8. Neo-Pagan (89%)
9. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (86%)

I was surprised that Taoism came out so low on my test results since I tend to like a lot of Taoist philosophy and views of things. I like a lot of Buddhist views as well. I never even thought of Sikhism, even though I did know about it...and now I find I need to be a Sikh...heck if I follow the test I need to I am more of a Unitarian Universalism, which I never heard of before, than the ones I know more about....WHO KNEW!!!! :D

Sikhism (100%)
Jainism (95%)
Unitarian Universalism (91%)
Theravada Buddhism (90%)
Taoism (89%)
Mahayana Buddhism (79%)

Wu Wei

I don't think that the quiz is saying what you should practice, just telling you how much you share in common with certain religions.

I think you are right. Based on the answers that you give and in some cases I did not see an answer I would give and in others I was not exactly sure, but there needed to be an answer so....

This quiz is very inaccurate; but what quiz could be? I'd not recommend taking any guidance in your search from it.

I only take from it the thought of research and from that research I will possibly find guidance or a direction.

I look at it as more of the hit to the side of the skipping record player to get it back on track…. Or in this case a tap to my brain to take it out of focusing too much..... OK that is an old reference but what can I say...I'm old

Shuddhasattva

For it to be accurate the authors would have had to have a much better grasp of which memes constitute a given religion (and diverse sects within it); they didn't, it shows even in the list of outcomes being wildly skewed.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
For it to be accurate the authors would have had to have a much better grasp of which memes constitute a given religion (and diverse sects within it); they didn't, it shows even in the list of outcomes being wildly skewed.

I've taken it twice, with the same top result and only small differences going down from there, I have to say, it does match my take on beliefs, pretty well.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I was surprised that Taoism came out so low on my test results since I tend to like a lot of Taoist philosophy and views of things. I like a lot of Buddhist views as well. I never even thought of Sikhism, even though I did know about it...and now I find I need to be a Sikh...heck if I follow the test I need to I am more of a Unitarian Universalism, which I never heard of before, than the ones I know more about....WHO KNEW!!!! :D

Sikhism (100%)
Jainism (95%)
Unitarian Universalism (91%)
Theravada Buddhism (90%)
Taoism (89%)
Mahayana Buddhism (79%)
My quiz results change often, as I often consider different possibilities and keep exploring. I really don't know much about Sikhism, so that's on my list to check into.

Your results may vary over time, as well, and give you ideas as to what you might like to explore.

Wu Wei

I've taken it twice, with the same top result and only small differences going down from there, I have to say, it does match my take on beliefs, pretty well.

It can be dead on for some and way off for others for various reasons.

For me it is something to look at that I find interesting that gave me another view to consider

Wu Wei

My quiz results change often, as I often consider different possibilities and keep exploring. I really don't know much about Sikhism, so that's on my list to check into.

Your results may vary over time, as well, and give you ideas as to what you might like to explore.

I do not doubt that at all

MatthiasGould

Alhamdulillah!
I've taken several quizzes like this one and certainly for the last few months, I've always got the same result: Sikhi. Seems accurate to me.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I don't really like these tests. I always get "Unitarian Universalism", and from what I've read and understood thats not what predominately describes my belief.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
well take the test again. this time only use the top question. what are the results ?

Not sure what you mean, the only difference in top three was in order, The answers match my beliefs exactly, how is this innacurate??

Last edited:

cataway

what i mean is only select the first option given. there is no thinking to it . what are the results ?