• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Took an online quiz

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I was curious so I took an online quiz to see what it said best fit me relgiously (this one)

Apparently it is Sikhism

Sikhism (100%)
Jainism (95%)
Unitarian Universalism (91%)
Theravada Buddhism (90%)
Taoism (89%)
Mahayana Buddhism (79%)
Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (76%)
Secular Humanism (75%)
Hinduism (71%)
Neo-Pagan (67%)
New Age (67%)
Non-theist (64%)
Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (64%)
Scientology (64%)
Reform Judaism (58%)
Bahai (54%)
Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (53%)
New Thought (53%)
Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (47%)
Islam (46%)
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (39%)
Orthodox Judaism (32%)
Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (31%)
Jehovahs Witness (28%)
Seventh Day Adventist (28%)
Eastern Orthodox (10%)
Roman Catholic (10%)

Now this does not mean I take any of this seriously but it does give me some things to research. This also comes with a bit of irony because an hour ago I had a couple of men who were Jehovahs Witness at my door giivng me little books to read....Jehovahs Witness (28%)

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I always get a giggle out of how Universal Whateverism is always right at the top.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I got Neo-Paganism first, apparently my beliefs don't match Christianity at all, as the last two were Christian denominations.

Last edited:

Wu Wei

apparently I'm not Roman Catholic (10%)...but I use to date one.... I wonder if that was ok.

Wu Wei

I was just being silly, many years ago I was once engaged to a woman that was Roman Catholic and asking if it was ok based on my test resaults

on a slightly more serious note I was reading about Sikhism, although early in my reading, I like some of it, although I doubt I will become a Sikh.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
These quizzes just confirm what I already believe, especially the better/more thought out ones.

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
on a slightly more serious note I was reading about Sikhism, although early in my reading, I like some of it, although I doubt I will become a Sikh.
Obviously. That's because everyone likes Sikhism. Everyone. :p
And conversion isn't a requirement anyway.

Otherwise, interesting results. I should do another one sometime.

Wu Wei

Unitarian Universalism - "There is no single unifying belief that all Unitarian Universalists (UUs) hold, aside from complete and responsible freedom of speech, thought, belief, faith, and disposition. Unitarian Universalists believe that each person is free to search for his or her own personal truth on issues, such as the existence, nature, and meaning of life, deities, creation, and afterlife. UUs can come from any religious background, and hold beliefs and adhere to morals from a variety of cultures or religions."

Not trying to be disrespectful but isn't that saying everythig is ok with us, we think.

Or is that not possibly a seeker?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Unitarian Universalism - "There is no single unifying belief that all Unitarian Universalists (UUs) hold, aside from complete and responsible freedom of speech, thought, belief, faith, and disposition. Unitarian Universalists believe that each person is free to search for his or her own personal truth on issues, such as the existence, nature, and meaning of life, deities, creation, and afterlife. UUs can come from any religious background, and hold beliefs and adhere to morals from a variety of cultures or religions."

Not trying to be disrespectful but isn't that saying everythig is ok with us, we think.

Or is that not possibly a seeker?

I'm Syncretic, it's pretty close to my beliefs, actually.

Wu Wei

I'm Syncretic, it's pretty close to my beliefs, actually.

I have never heard of Syncretism until your post, thank you.

I was looking at a UU site and reading some of the things on thier website and admittedly I was only there reading for about 20 minutes so I should read more befire I come to any conclusions, but my first impression was it gave me the feeling they were unfocused. Of course it was only 20 minutes and one website so I;m not going with that "feeling" as a final thought on it. I shuold also add to some degree I feel I agree with them as well so ultimately, what do I know...

But I am finding this research interesting and now I have to look and find out more about Syncretism

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
i dont know what idiot worked up that test but wow are they off

How so? It is by far the best religion selector quiz on the internet I've ever run across. I'm also fairly sure it was originally designed by people with well more qualifications and expertise on religion than you.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I have never heard of Syncretism until your post, thank you.

I was looking at a UU site and reading some of the things on thier website and admittedly I was only there reading for about 20 minutes so I should read more befire I come to any conclusions, but my first impression was it gave me the feeling they were unfocused. Of course it was only 20 minutes and one website so I;m not going with that "feeling" as a final thought on it. I shuold also add to some degree I feel I agree with them as well so ultimately, what do I know...

But I am finding this research interesting and now I have to look and find out more about Syncretism

I'm not a UU, but a know a few, and have looked a bit as well. I would not characterize UU as "unfocused," but rather as "Individualist." It's hard to make a real organization out of individualists, and a religious organization of this sort will tend to attract those who are interested in learning about other viewpoints and belief systems, and will likely be questioning their own beliefs to some extent...therefore, seekers. Or so it seems to me.;)

chinu

chinu
Its written somewhere in guru granth sahib..
"Sikhi khandion tikhi "

Word "Sikhi" means: spiritual learning.
Word "Khandion" means: more than a sword.
Word "Tikhi" means: Sharpen.

Combining these words means, "Spiritual learning is more sharpen than a sword "