• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To make fun of a belief

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
"Our ability to laugh at any beliefs - even our own - is not a mark of insincerity." United Aspects of Satan: The Black Book, Page 26 (Loki) 2016 by Damien Ba'al

In Satanism, mockery for the fun of it, even to the believer of the philosophy/religion, is strongly encouraged. It's no surprise that people like to make jokes, and very often a joke that mocks someone is really funny. It might even be so funny that the group the joke is making a mockery of might find it comical. In my experience, witty jokes targeting atheism are often actually liked by atheists. I even found myself laughing at such mockery at times, usually utilized in songs.

I do know that this isn't the case for all people however. Many Christians I've known take Christ so seriously that anyone trying to make a religious joke using the religion as the subject often get serious retaliation from offended folk. Merely suggesting or even plainly pointing out that Jesus has attributes some conservatives equate to queerness or non-white, for example, it met by very upset conservatives justifying why Jesus could in no way be anything but a white European who happened to never have a spouse because of his status or something along those lines, not even taking in the fact that half of those comments came from themselves and Jesus was actually born in the Middle East, and possibly wasn't even of that ethnicity, much less a European one. (There is some archeological evidence of Jesus existing, there's just very few things scientists are able to say for certain based on their findings.) Also the example is what I've observed from other conversations, I never actually mocked a Christian in their face for quite a few reasons.

What is the veiw you or your religion has on jokes based on making fun of a belief, even your own?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I cannot imagine gods being gods if they got offended by puny humans. In fact, it appears to me that believers take offense in the name of the god(s).
It's because in my belief, it's about harmony with the Powers of the Cosmos. It's a relationship founded on respect and reciprocity. The Gods care deeply about humans and our progress, too. Yes, They can be offended or spurned and so turn Their blessings away from us. Then we fall into darkness. Sometimes this happens on a civilizational scale and we end up with the Dark Ages or aberrations like Daesh.

Last edited:

The Holy Bottom Burp

Sure, I'm instantly suspicious about anyone who cannot laugh at themselves or their beliefs. Life is a little absurd, it is funny when you think about it. A tragicomedy? Maybe, but the trick is to focus on the comedic side I'd say, by doing so you will probably end up being a better person. The world has enough humourless stiffs who take themselves too seriously, and who are quick to take offence when someone laughs at the beliefs they hold so dear. So have a laugh I say, unless you believe in reincarnation you are only here once you know...;)