• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To all of you fellas: Part 2

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
....True forgiveness however goes way beyond the concept of personal hurts and joys, and only when there is total absence of a sense of grievance and non-grievance for anything at all, will total freedom be realized.
You have a beautiful way of putting it.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I don't know.

I can think of only one person in my life that I will never forgive. They don't ever deserve my forgiveness, so why should it be theirs?

Renji

I'm curious; why the second thread? It does seem to be a subject that you're really concerned about, and considering how much it has been drawn out it seems you have a little trouble accepting the fact some people don't readily and unconditionally forgive. Why does it bother you?

It does not bother me, alright. I just want to know what others think about this topic. I started this second thread because there are a lot of speculations on my first thread and my topic there is how can we forgive someone who hurted us and as days go by, the replies there went far from topic (from how can we forgive someone who hurted us to forgive or not to forgive)

Renji

well, for some reason we all think or assume we are the ones who 'offer' forgiveness. isn't it a little weird to respond from that aspect all the time? forgiveness is not just about 'we' forgiving 'others'. it is also being forgiving by others and forgiving ourselves.

Correct.

Renji

Guys, to those of you who cannot easily forgive someone who wronged you, what kind(s) of error(s) that are excusable to you and what is/are not?
Secondly do you believe that time heals all wounds?

Renji

Why does an accident require forgiveness?

What about accidents like: you, ridding in a car, hitted by a bus, got hospitalized and the bus driver do nothing to help you? What do you think?

Last edited:

Renji

repost:

Guys, to those of you who cannot easily forgive someone who wronged you, what kind(s) of error(s) that are excusable to you and what is/are not?

kadzbiz

What about accidents like: you, ridding in a car, hitted by a bus, got hospitalized and the bus driver do nothing to help you?

This is a two part question really. 1. If it was truly an accident, then there is nothing to be forgiven for, but if there was a deliberate action by the driver, then yes. 2. Whether it was an accident or not, the driver chosing not to help is a deliberate action and would need to be forgiven, but only if he felt guilt or responsible for it.

kadzbiz

repost:

I know I have wronged many times in my life, but to be honest, I don't care. I don't carry any burdens about the wrongdoer needing to say sorry or to make it up to me, with one strange exception. When I was about 8 years old, a teacher approached me in the schoolyard one day and put out his hand to invite a handshake, which I accepted. He the proceded to crush my hand until I cried. To this day I have no idea why he did that nor my friends who were with me at the time. I still remember his name and that he was a big guy. To be honest, I don't really think about it anymore, but I always thought it was a horrible and strange thing that he did.

Renji

I know I have wronged many times in my life, but to be honest, I don't care. I don't carry any burdens about the wrongdoer needing to say sorry or to make it up to me, with one strange exception. When I was about 8 years old, a teacher approached me in the schoolyard one day and put out his hand to invite a handshake, which I accepted. He the proceded to crush my hand until I cried. To this day I have no idea why he did that nor my friends who were with me at the time. I still remember his name and that he was a big guy. To be honest, I don't really think about it anymore, but I always thought it was a horrible and strange thing that he did.

If that's what you say then, ok.:)