• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TN Athletic Director put on leave for video saying "girls pretty much ruin everything"

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A high school AD and assistant principal was put on administrative leave for a video he put out, in which he says "girls pretty much ruin everything."

Soddy-Daisy athletic director says girls 'pretty much ruin everything,' gets put on leave

Soddy-Daisy High School Athletic Director and Assistant Principal Jared Hensley probably wants a do-over after a video he made for the student body this morning got him put on administrative leave this afternoon.

In a video address to students called "A Helping of Hensley," he announces a ban on athletic shorts. Using a lilting delivery in his voice, he acknowledges that boys will be unhappy about it, but he says he made the rule.

And he adds, "If you really want someone to blame, blame the girls, because they pretty much ruin everything.

"Ask Adam, look at Eve - you can really go back to the beginning of time."

In the video, which was posted to YouTube and then taken down, Hensley continues on from the biblical metaphor: "It'll be like that the rest of your life, keep your mouth shut, suck it up and follow the rules."

There is some irony in that he advises students to "keep your mouth shut, suck it up and follow the rules," yet he did just the opposite in his video.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what the girls actually did to prompt a banning of athletic shorts.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why is it that the only word that seems to come to mind is "stupid", and I'm not referring to you, Stevicus. However, ... ;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A high school AD and assistant principal was put on administrative leave for a video he put out, in which he says "girls pretty much ruin everything."

Soddy-Daisy athletic director says girls 'pretty much ruin everything,' gets put on leave

There is some irony in that he advises students to "keep your mouth shut, suck it up and follow the rules," yet he did just the opposite in his video.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what the girls actually did to prompt a banning of athletic shorts.
Nothing that I can see:
ZJ539%20(1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why is it that the only word that seems to come to mind is "stupid", and I'm not referring to you, Stevicus. However, ... ;)

True, it is rather stupid, but it was kind of funny, too.

It reminded a bit about Calvin and Hobbes:

507dc363ad57c0bafd99998d321dd338.gif

One person quoted in response to the AD's video was: "There is nothing funny about this. This is sexism and modeling this kind of 'joking' is harmful."

Shad

Veteran Member

I am guessing girls were wearing shorts outside this guy's idea of modesty or sensibilities. Shorts were too short and it irked him.