• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tips for good posture!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Do you ever think about your posture I never really did until I started doing yoga regularly.

Here's a site that has tips -

We’ve talked extensively about body language before. But this time, we wanted to take a different drift. The way we stand, sit and walk, actually has more longer reaching implications on our mood and happiness than we thought. The latest studies reveal it:

Wishing you all the best and straighten that back!

:)

Oooooooops - almost neglected to include link - you could always google it -

The Science of Posture: Sitting up straight will make you happier, more confident and less risk-averse

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Most of the time i sit down i naturally cross my legs in half lotus or full lotus position :) that way my back is straight :) When walking i try to walk as upright as possible without it become stiff and clumbsy.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Hot tip for millennials - put your devices at eye level.
If you have had your head down most of your life, your neck is almost certainly deformed.

If it is, take up yoga ASAP. But DO NOT do headstands, shoulder stands or the plough until you have straightened and strengthened your neck.

Devices are ruining the spines of a generation. They will be in a lot of pain when they get older, if they aren’t already.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hot tip for millennials - put your devices at eye level.
If you have had your head down most of your life, your neck is almost certainly deformed.

If it is, take up yoga ASAP. But DO NOT do headstands, shoulder stands or the plough until you have straightened and strengthened your neck.

Devices are ruining the spines of a generation. They will be in a lot of pain when they get older, if they aren’t already.

Great tips!

Yes - shoulder stands are great ONCE your abs and neck have been strengthened!

For beginners -

All the best!