• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tik Tok

Vee

Premium Member
There's been a lot of buzz around Tik Tok and China spying on it's users lately. Personally, I don't have a Tik Tok account, not because I'm afraid of someone spying on me, but because I've seen a few videos and it seemed to me that Tik Tok is the place where intelligence goes to die. I can think of much better ways to use my time.
It seems like a black hole of stupid videos where people spend hours doing mindless scrolling. That can't be healthy, it impacts people's attention spams and it seriously annoys me when I'm talking to someone and they're looking at those videos and not paying any attention to the conversation.
If it gets banned, I won't be sad.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There's been a lot of buzz around Tik Tok and China spying on it's users lately. Personally, I don't have a Tik Tok account, not because I'm afraid of someone spying on me, but because I've seen a few videos and it seemed to me that Tik Tok is the place where intelligence goes to die. I can think of much better ways to use my time.
It seems like a black hole of stupid videos where people spend hours doing mindless scrolling. That can't be healthy, it impacts people's attention spams and it seriously annoys me when I'm talking to someone and they're looking at those videos and not paying any attention to the conversation.

I have rarely visited Tik Tok. It just seemed like just another video site, although at first, I didn't know it was owned by China. But then again, I don't often notice the "Made in China" labels on many of the products I use, because it's usually in some small print on the back. I think they should put a big red label on these things, including websites: "Warning: This product made in China! Beware! Use at your own risk!" An informed public is good for society.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I am a bit paranoid about my privacy. And I read EULAs. I have no use for TikTok but there are a lot of services from western corporations I don't use because they are spying on me.

Reactions: Vee