• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three really amazingly cool music videos to watch in row

dfnj

Here is The Yardbirds - Heart Full of Soul (1968) With Jimmy Page:

Here is Dazed And Confused - Yardbirds French TV 1968

Here is Led Zeppelin - Dazed And Confused "1969" with Robert Plant singing:

Robert Plant absolutely slays this song. Keith Relf can't hold a candle to Robert Plant. So I started looking into what happened to Keith Relf. He had some solo music. He was in a band called Renaissance. He formed another group Armageddon. But what is really interesting is how Keith Relf died in 1976 (8 years after missing the Led Zeppelin boat):

Relf was 33 when he died from electrocution, in the basement of his home, while playing his improperly earthed (electrically grounded) guitar. Relf had dealt with several health issues throughout his life, including emphysema and asthma, which may have contributed to his inability to survive the electric shock. At the time, it is said that Relf was in the process of putting back together the original Renaissance line-up – which would eventually be called Illusion. He was buried in Richmond Cemetery.

Misunderstood

Robert Plant absolutely slays this song. Keith Relf can't hold a candle to Robert Plant. So I started looking into what happened to Keith Relf. He had some solo music. He was in a band called Renaissance. He formed another group Armageddon. But what is really interesting is how Keith Relf died in 1976 (8 years after missing the Led Zeppelin boat):

I have three I listen to often when I am feeling down and need help in keeping myself going. I will listen to the same three songs over and over for hours. Not because they are my favorite songs, but because they help me just get through. I don't know why they do; they just do. Everyone says I should not listen to them as they are so depressing, but for me they help. Here they are in the order I listen to them.

Emiliana Torrini - If You Go Away (lyrics)

Not sure if that is what you were looking for in your post, but these are my three songs.

dfnj

I have three
Not sure if that is what you were looking for in your post, but these are my three songs.

Not at all. I am just a fan of Jimmy Page. The video of him playing guitar is amazing. The reason I picked those three was because they are awesome!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have been a Page fan from the beginning. I actually remember when those pieces were first done. *sobs*

I watched this about a month ago and found it most interesting. It's a documentary about Page, The Edge and Jack White getting together. It's called "It might get loud".

Tiny bit of Page trivia. Did you know that Page is playing the lead guitar on Donovan's "Hurdy Gurdy Man"?

Once you know it's Page playing, it's just so obvious, LOL.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Well now, let me see ...

I used to watch the Yardbirds regularly at the Marquee on Wardour St in the early 1960s, when Clapton was lead guitarist. I came across them by accident I think, and when they had a regular stint at the club I went every week until I moved away from the area sometime in 1964. I was mesmerised by the sounds they produced. Great live band, and I don't think the energy they created was ever really captured adequately on record. Keith Relf's sister Jane used to watch from the side close to me. I recognised she was probably his sister although I didn't know it at the time. I also saw Long John Baldry and Cyril Davies there. Once, Mick Jagger popped on stage to join in. The Yardbirds then were mostly into electric Blues - which I preferred, and I saw many other Blues artists around that time too, some at the Marquee, including some big-name American artists. I shan't forget those days too readily, although I was mostly on my own - my mates not being into such music as myself, but we did get to other places too, like the 100 club on Oxford Road and the Six Bells in Chelsea - where I saw Blues Incorporated with Alexis Korner.

My musical interests encompassed a fair range, from Folk, Blues, Progressive Rock, Irish Folk, Jazz, etc., such that I did see many in concert in London and elsewhere. I saw Dylan at the Albert Hall in London (1965?) and then again in 1966 in Manchester, where the infamous 'Judas' incident occurred. I sympathised, since few probably liked the 'electric conversion' at the time. Great times, and much of my random playlist stems from around this time or earlier. I'm not too keen on modern pop, although I have never really been into it when there was always much better music (in my view) available.

PS. Of course I should have mentioned Rod Stewart, he was singing with Long John Baldry in those days, and one could tell he was going to go far with that voice. :cool:

Last edited: