• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thrash metal

VioletVortex

I saw Slayer for the second time last night.

Slayer was always my favorite thrash metal band. Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood, Seasons in the Abyss, Divine Intervention, God Hates Us All and Christ Illusion are my faves from them.

I like Slayer's first five albums, but all in all I think they are my least favorite 'Big 4' band. Black Magick from Show No Mercy (one of the few early songs they still play live) is an awesome song though.

David1967

Premium Member
I like Slayer's first five albums, but all in all I think they are my least favorite 'Big 4' band. Black Magick from Show No Mercy (one of the few early songs they still play live) is an awesome song though.

I tend to agree. I love Slayers opening guitar riffs, but the rest of the songs tend to be a bit tangled. But I gotta give respect where its due, they are pioneers in in this style of music.

VioletVortex

I tend to agree. I love Slayers opening guitar riffs, but the rest of the songs tend to be a bit tangled. But I gotta give respect where its due, they are pioneers in in this style of music.

They do have some great riffs, as well as some lackluster tracks, but you have to love this:

David1967

Premium Member
And to give credit where it is due. Without these guys, we would not have metal as we know it, thrash or otherwise.

VioletVortex

Outstanding! Scott Ian is the baddest rhythm guitarist on the planet.

I think he's very underrated. He hasn't done much in the lead department, but his rhythm playing is very unique. Not necessarily very intricate or melodic, but it works very well behind Joey's vocals. Dan Spitz is awesome, too.