• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thong underwear for preteens?

Aqualung

Tasty
Bastet said:
In poor taste, certainly - but immoral? I don't think so.

Huh. I do.

Bastet said:
And sometimes it happens entirely by accident...I've had it happen if I'm wearing low-slung pants and I bend over/squat down, and my underwear wasn't sitting low enough.
Do you want to guess what I think about pants that have such a risk of showing either undies or a bum crack? ;)

BAstet said:
In that scenario, which is less offensive - a peek of undies, or a peek of bum crack? :biglaugh:
Hehe. you got me there.

Bastet said:
an interesting question about the current trend in women's underwear. When I do go shopping for undies (and I've noticed this in briefs as well as g-strings), it's rather difficult to find some these days that aren't either covered in provocative writing, have sparkly jewels/sequins stuck on them, or are such loud colours that you'd be hard pressed not to see them through everything but a pair of jeans. What has brought about this trend of undies that are made to be seen? It honestly doesn't seem like much of a fashion statement to me... :areyoucra
I know what you mean! It's rediculous. What happened to good old fashioned underwear that was just there to keep yourself from getting chafed by denim (or whatever)?

Atheist_Dave

*Foxy Lady*
If they wanna wear them its fine by me, from previous conversations with my girls friends I learnt that they actually do not get wedged (look away now if you may take offense), they kinda manouver in such a way to make them hardly felt. I can also imagine them giving good ventilation to the areas in question. I think its ok, girls seem to like going out with their mates with their thongs showings, I dont find it immoral it just makes them feel more mature cause their mums wear them or whatever. IMO x

Faint

Bastet said:
...sometimes it happens entirely by accident...I've had it happen if I'm wearing low-slung pants and I bend over/squat down, and my underwear wasn't sitting low enough. In that scenario, which is less offensive - a peek of undies, or a peek of bum crack? :biglaugh:
Either one sounds good to me. I love that kind of accident!:clap

Personally, after reading all these posts, I'm thinking that thong underwear in itself isn't so bad for little girls. The problem comes in when messages are applied to the fabric (or implied by advertising) that position the girls as sex objects.

Aqualung, out of curiosity, why is it immoral to show underwear? Does this also apply to a woman's visible bra strap from under a tank top/spaghetti strap top? Also, are you against two piece swimwear (since those are about as skimpy as lingerie anyway)?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Faint said:
Either one sounds good to me. I love that kind of accident!:clap [/color]

Personally, after reading all these posts, I'm thinking that thong underwear in itself isn't so bad for little girls. The problem comes in when messages are applied to the fabric (or implied by advertising) that position the girls as sex objects.

Aqualung, out of curiosity, why is it immoral to show underwear? Does this also apply to a woman's visible bra strap from under a tank top/spaghetti strap top? Also, are you against two piece swimwear (since those are about as skimpy as lingerie anyway)?
I don't wear a two piece swimwear, I find it to be immodest(besides I would look awful in it anyways.)

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Faint said:
Personally, I hate the whole bra strap in one place, strap on top in another. It's not like you can't do something about your bra straps showing...there are enough convertable bras and interchangeable straps out there that you can find something that works with whatever you're wearing, even if it's an invisible strap.
I don't think it's immoral though, I just think it looks crap. Same with intentionally having you're knickers hanging out of your pants.
A little bit of thought, people! Is that too much to ask?

Aqualung

Tasty
Faint said:
It's immoral because it is immodest. Yes. Yes.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I found something else, but I don't if I should link it, the site is a clothing site for Teen Girls, as it says at the top and it is marketing, "Lily Ruffle Thongs". Grr. I think it's sending a horrible message to young girls.

Bishka

Veteran Member

What is this sending towards girls. Sorry, I have a big thing against immodest clothing on young children, it's like we want our young girls to be sexualized at young age. Only people who should be wearing clothing like this is women.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
beckysoup61 said:
I don't wear a two piece swimwear, I find it to be immodest(besides I would look awful in it anyways.)
But "two piece swimwear" doesn't automatically mean skimpy or revealing. My two-piece reveals less than most one-pieces that are around at the moment. It consists of a halter-necked singlet-type top and some briefs - but I'm the only one who sees those, because I also wear knee length board shorts over the top. It's mainly for practical reasons that I chose a two-piece - it's far easier to whip down your pants to go to the loo than it is to practically undress like you have to when you're in a one-piece. Nothing immodest or immoral about it. ;) And I think I look far better in my non-revealing two-piece than I would in a figure hugging one-piece, to boot.

fromthe heart

Faint said:
Not long ago, the clothing chain Abercrombie & Fitch was selling/marketing thong underwear to preteen girls. Some of the underwear included the words "eye candy" or "wink wink" written on the front of the underwear.

Some parents groups successfully boycotted the clothing retailer, and thus A & F removed these products.

But do you think the parent groups were right to boycott A & F? Is it immoral to market thong underwear to little girls?
I feel they were right in their boycott and the results proved the point.

I feel If a person wears things such as thongs they have an idea of wanting to 'feel' sexy whether they can be seen or not...preteens do not NEED to grow up so fast in the desire to feel sexy...Personally YES it's immoral in my opinion for the plain fact little girls should have their youth cherished and not sped into the adult world in this way...I feel these same little girls should NOT wear lacey undies either...same concept...Little girls should behave and LOOK like little girls...It's bad enough that there are pervs out there that search after little girls let alone giving these little girls the sense that sex at their age is ok....you don't know what is going through their minds and giving them sexy undies could possibly be seen by them as your giving your permission for them to act as adults do. GOSH...kids grow up fast enough as it is...why rush it...it's just crazy what is marketed to 'little' girls.:(

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Quoth_The _Raven said:
Personally, I hate the whole bra strap in one place, strap on top in another. It's not like you can't do something about your bra straps showing...there are enough convertable bras and interchangeable straps out there that you can find something that works with whatever you're wearing, even if it's an invisible strap.
I don't think it's immoral though, I just think it looks crap. Same with intentionally having you're knickers hanging out of your pants.
A little bit of thought, people! Is that too much to ask?
Reminds me of that CW song...'I like my women just a little on the trashy side' :p

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
john63 said:
I cannot imagine anything crammed up the crack of my *** being comfortable.
:biglaugh: I couldn't agree more!!! :biglaugh:

Nice to see you again, by the way.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Faint said:
...But do you think the parent groups were right to boycott A & F? Is it immoral to market thong underwear to little girls?
Absolutely YES to both questions. Other people have said it so well, that I'll be handing out my daily allotment of frubals soon.:D
fromthe heart said:
...preteens do not NEED to grow up so fast in the desire to feel sexy...Personally YES it's immoral in my opinion for the plain fact little girls should have their youth cherished and not sped into the adult world in this way..
I concur 100%. I think it's sad that the same idiot parents who let their little girls dress like hookers are surprised when they wind up pregnant at 15 years old.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
More of my disappointment goes towards the fact there is actually a market of people buying sexual clothing for their children than that a company is willing to supply it.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
john63 said:
I cannot imagine anything crammed up the crack of my *** being comfortable.
Trust me, much more comfortable wearing a G than it is putting on a pair of 'boy legs' and having them work their way up there...which I've found them prone to do.
And thus ends my allotment of unnecessary sharing for the day.;)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
jamaesi said:
More of my disappointment goes towards the fact there is actually a market of people buying sexual clothing for their children than that a company is willing to supply it.
Exactly. If there was no market for it... I don't believe companies have an agenda for sexualizing little kids per say...but if people are gonna buy it, then they're gonna keep producing it. That's what being in business is all about -- making money.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
jeffrey said:
Excellent post, CX. Remember Jon Benet Ramsey? :mad:
Remember her....her parents had a home in Atlanta, so her story dominated our newscasts that year. But, yeah, to see those 5-10 year old girls dressed up like 'beauty queens' was quite perverse.