• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This "We Are Gods" Thing...

dragynfly0515

Satan Worshipper
Your individuality may be 13, 14 or 15, maybe 12, or 11, if you see it as numbers. "1" is the pure existence. If you look at the differences, you will see that 13 is not 14, 15 is not 12, or that 13 is not 14, but you know that each number includes the "1", the pure existence. Each thing that exists based on the "1".

So far, "1" as the expression of pure existence means not individuality, because it’s the common part of mankind. It’s the common part of all humans, and the common part of all things that exists.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. The number example makes sense to me.

:candle:
Crys

astralvigilante

I kind of thought the idea of "god-ness" was something grander and more difficult than anything listed there.

In the RHP the idea is that there is a great spark of divinity that you want to reunite with. In the LHP I get the impression that you want to completely break off from that original divinity and become something greater than human yourself. Not a happier/more fulfilled version of a human being but something that in a sense transcends humanity altogether.

That's just what I've gotten from what I've read and I'm very new.

dragynfly0515

Satan Worshipper
I kind of thought the idea of "god-ness" was something grander and more difficult than anything listed there.

In the RHP the idea is that there is a great spark of divinity that you want to reunite with. In the LHP I get the impression that you want to completely break off from that original divinity and become something greater than human yourself. Not a happier/more fulfilled version of a human being but something that in a sense transcends humanity altogether.

That's just what I've gotten from what I've read and I'm very new.

Yes, I certainly don't want to reunite with anything. As the Hindus say, I want to taste sugar, not become sugar. I want to be a happier/more fulfilled human now and hopefully something more after...

:candle:
Crys

blackout

Violet.
We ARE gOdhood/divinity already.

Very few people ever realize/REALize their own gOdhood though.

This is the LHP. To realize/REALize what is already yours.
And then "run with it". :rainbow1:

synthysys

To achieve divinity is to achieve enlightenment, or Gnosis. That is how I view it. To recognize that the material world, as it is applicable to you, is largely your own creation, and that you can change it for good or for ill--to realize that ultimately all ethical judgments are your responsibility. By affirming your control (or input) into the material and spiritual realms, you are affirming your own divinity; I would argue that the true solipsist has most effectively become god, in any relevant sense of the word.

I've viewed both Left Hand and Right Hand practices as methods of transcendence: whereas the latter wants to transcend the self through an ideal (god, a dogma/creed, a practice), the former want to transcend others through an ideal (god--apotheosis--or a practice, or a creed). The means for either can be ascetic or not, as it is the goal that is important. Essentially, the Left Hand Path is the rejection of spiritual subjugation. Thus, I would argue that most forms of Gnosticism--which aim to transcend the ignorance and corruption of the material world, the archons, etc, and embrace the divine light within oneself--are Left Hand practices, while modern orthodox Christianity is generally a right hand practice because it focuses on overcoming pride, and the self, by prostrating before God and your fellow humans.

Last edited: