• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This map explains a lot.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
To me but not the cities but how the population is grouped. Half of the US population lives in less than a 10th of the area of the US the other half lives in 90% of the area of the US.

The evolution and development of human civilization tends towards a higher percentage of the population living in cities - the more developed the nation, the more pronounced this effect. Also, for anyone who has traveled extensively around the US, it is plainly visible that enormous swaths of the country are not habitable, are not desirable to live in, or not able to support large population centers.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The evolution and development of human civilization tends towards a higher percentage of the population living in cities - the more developed the nation, the more pronounced this effect. Also, for anyone who has traveled extensively around the US, it is plainly visible that enormous swaths of the country are not habitable, are not desirable to live in, or not able to support large population centers.

OK

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I just wasn't clear on what cities explain to you.

There's a major division in the US now. I would like to see the data of the last 50 years ideally to see how this map has changed over the years but I would bet the area for Half the population has been decreasing. Enhancing the differences across the US. Being a person that comes from a rural background but for the majority of my life lived in the Shaded area's I can contrast and it gives me an understanding I was missing.

Not everyone has my experiences in life and may not get the same answers from the map that I got. In fact reading through a lot of people see the map differently than me. It was a clarity moment for me and a map I hadn't seen before so I posted it for others. It has encouraged an interesting debate.