• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is too wierd..

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I just recieved an email. From myself. I did not send myself an email. Subject was just the numbers. "57657" Body was just the numbers "969". Now what makes it even more eerie is that gmail always has the time and date it is received..... It's dated 06-07-06... Tomorrow's date...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
6:24 am is the time, with tomorrow's date. I even replied to it to see where it would go, came right back to me, with today's date. I'll be more then glad to forward it to anyone that pm's me with their email address.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
That is weird. I have no idea what to make of it, Jeff. Do the numbers have any special significance to you?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Sunstone said:
That is weird. I have no idea what to make of it, Jeff. Do the numbers have any special significance to you?
No, none at all. The only other person that knows my password is my wife. And even if she sent it, which makes no sense either, there would be no way to change the date to tomorrow's.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
It could be a mistake from your Internet Service provider?
The numbers can indicate that it was computer generated..

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Bouncing Ball said:
It could be a mistake from your Internet Service provider?
The numbers can indicate that it was computer generated..
It's gmail, viewing from my phone right now, so it's not an internet provider account. I've got like 10 different gmail accounts, this is the only one with that in it. It's all like 666. 57657. The numbers between 5 and 7 make 6... Sounds like a prank.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
It's got to be a hoax or prank. But how did they get it to come from my own account, and manipulate the date, which is generated from gmail itself?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
And if this would have come yesterday with today's date, that would have really got me going!

robtex

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
gmail always has the time and date it is received..... It's dated 06-07-06... Tomorrow's date...

Oh well that makes sense. See Jeff the date is tomarrow. The reason you don't think you sent an email to yourself is because you haven't done so yet. As soon as tomarrow comes around you will realize that you did in fact, send an email to yourself. No biggie. ;)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It makes no sense to me. But what did Shakespear say? "There are more things under heaven and on earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio"?

d.

_______
you've upset the time-space continuum, and now we're all gonna die in a mad whirling maelstrom of possible futures.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
jeffrey said:
It's gmail, viewing from my phone right now, so it's not an internet provider account. I've got like 10 different gmail accounts, this is the only one with that in it. It's all like 666. 57657. The numbers between 5 and 7 make 6... Sounds like a prank.

If it is a prank, then why did they alter the date to the 7th instead of the 6th wich is the date to talk about? :D

You do have an ISP though, only its your mobile provider when using your phone ;)

And you can test the date by actually sending an email to yourself, maybe gmail is just wrong..

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Bouncing ball, I did that. I hit reply, and it came into my inbox, with today's date.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Duuude...this is uber-wierd! One of our work e-mails received one around 3:30 AM.:eek: Maybe the 06-06-06 thing is real, and Satan is taking over the internet. I mean, if Al Gore invented it......:p

I'll bounce this off our IT guys and see what they know.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
jeffrey said:
I just recieved an email. From myself. I did not send myself an email. Subject was just the numbers. "57657" Body was just the numbers "969". Now what makes it even more eerie is that gmail always has the time and date it is received..... It's dated 06-07-06... Tomorrow's date...

The same happened to me few minutes ago. I received an email from myself, subject was 586876 and in the body another numbers 5556. The date is today's date but the time is an hour ahead????!

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
LOL. I know it's not a virus. Gmail does not allow anything that might contain a virus to be sent. There was no pic, no attachment.