• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is me

InfidelRiot

I could not find any other place to post this. If a moderator finds a more accurate place, I trust his/her judgement in moving the thread.

I identify as an agnostic theist. I do not believe in the Judeo-Christian God. I do respect beliefs other than those related to the Judeo-Christian God, but when it comes to the Judeo-Christian God I am an anti-theist. I have no problems telling an individual of the Judeo-Christian belief system that...well, I'll just state I tone it down on this site, even though it is an infringement on my freedom of speech.

As far as belief goes, I do have one. It is pagan in nature. I believe in the Goddess. Her name is Gaea. I do not worship Her, because worship debases a deity. I merely acknowledge Her.

My growth to the path I have chosen is as follows:

I was born and raised Roman Catholic. In my teens I discovered Wicca. Then I told a dear friend that I was gay, and I allowed myself to follow her to church. The church environment did nothing for me because she betrayed my trust by informing the pastor that I was gay. One moment I was merely loving the Lord and the next I felt betrayed because I was being accused of having a demon of homosexuality inside of me.

I was in college the next year and I discovered Robert Green Ingersoll. He got me on the path toward Agnosticism.

Years passed and I fluxuated between Wicca and Agnosticism. Then I geared more toward paganism. Spiritual paganism to be more exact, because I do not worship anything. I merely acknowledge.

I will always denounce the existence of the Judeo-Christian God, of that there is no doubt. I will probably always hold a belief in the Goddess.

If you would like to fine me on facebook, you can:
http://www.facebook.com/MrBeguile

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm curious about your apparent aversion to worship, so I have to ask what the word "worship" means to you?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand that either, which is why I'm asking how he views "worship." I know in my culture there is an unfortunate tendency to equate worship with petty groveling out of fear or for placation, but I don't want to assume that's what InfidelRiot thinks when he hears "worship."

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Welcome, by the way. Been enjoying your input so far, so hope you like it here!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Wow! InfidelRiot writes about the Goddess! WelI, this clicks for me. I am a Pantheist and actually believe in God as two parts. In the beginning there was slightly more matter than anti-matter, and this formed our Universe, and is everything Natural, and could be referred to as Mother-Nature or the Goddess. The God is the nothingness. All my life I have read about the final goal for the mystic wayfarer as being the state of nothingness. One of the prophets, Bahau'allah writes about the valley of (something something) and absolute nothingness. So I reckon that there are two Gods, the senior one (for all things material) being a Goddess......... I have repeatedly heard about 'Mother Nature' but instead of just being a 'branch and sparrow' she is a gigantic enormous all encompasing Universe! And I don't pray to her, rather I think about her. It's the closest that I have got to anything about the reason for everything's existence. Oh well.... just thought I would add that...... all the best, oldbadger

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe that the Goddess does not demand or even want to be worshipped, whether that be through ritual or prayer.

*nods* Each to their own path. To me, a core focus of being religious is celebration and thankfulness of what you find sacred. That celebration I would call "worship" so this is a different and interesting perspective. :D

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
accept.jpg