• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things You Love About Hinduism

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
The colors!

tg_025.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The myriad of celebratory holy days.

Especially, Kukur Tihar

Edited:
"In Hindu mythology, Yama has two dogs—Shyama and Sharvara—who guard the door of hell.[14] Nepali Hindus believe that by worshipping dogs they start to see death positively, because a dog follows them in their final journey.[15] They hope that dogs will guard them against the torture in hell.[15] Dogs are considered to be a companion of Yama and to please him, dogs are worshipped.[4][16]"

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Diversity and tolerance of that diversity.

This is also something that I love about Hinduism. There are so many different philosophies, traditions, and paths to liberation. There are so many of them that there is something for every kind of person. Moreover, it is still refreshing to me that we do not anathematize each other but actually recognize each other’s right to think differently. We can even learn from each other and participate in each other’s temples. Hinduism is just amazing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's one of the paths to the Divine. It acknowledges (or many beliefs do) that human perfection (sadguru) is possible.

What aspect is that if you don't mind my asking?
The aspect of God as spouse/lover.

When I first learned of it and then experienced it (back in 2011), I felt like I had found the missing piece.

My spirituality has since moved on; in 2018, I got more than I bargained for in my search for a unique name for the path I was on (which, by that time, was "not quite Hindu but still loves Krishna"). It's now what feels like a soul-bond that's probably closer to a "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" type of situation than it is an "-ism" in the religious sense (it's a long story, outside the scope of this thread).

That said, I still prefer to view God in the form of Lord Krishna. :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The aspect of God as spouse/lover.

When I first learned of it and then experienced it (back in 2011), I felt like I had found the missing piece.

My spirituality has since moved on; in 2018, I got more than I bargained for in my search for a unique name for the path I was on (which, by that time, was "not quite Hindu but still loves Krishna"). It's now what feels like a soul-bond that's probably closer to a "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" type of situation than it is an "-ism" in the religious sense (it's a long story, outside the scope of this thread).

That said, I still prefer to view God in the form of Lord Krishna. :)
I love that, too.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
- opportunities to serve (seva, charya)
- reasons to see other parts of the world (pilgrimage)
- a sense of knowing where you're going (moksha)
- loss of ego, better understanding of the big picture
- rituals, the ability to beseech the presence of Ganesha, Shiva, or Murugan
- flowers, making of malas
- opportunities to learn mysticism
- guidance to meditation
- darshan
- methods for emotional control, increase in willpower
- freedom with responsibility
- opportunities to explain it
- acquaintances with some very wise and inner people (sannyasins)
- increased ability to cultivate observation
- focus on divinity, God centered, no go-between, divinity permeates
- no guilt
- no sin, only opportunities to learn, evolve, progress
What's not to like?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Enough complaining.

Tell me what you love about it!
Firstly Krishna and the Bhagavad Gita. I absolutely love the Vedas. Hindus. I have a best friend who is a Hindu and she is the best of the best friends. She comes over and sings Bhajans to Shiva and Krishna and also gives sessions of mindfulness to us . She is visiting tomorrow. And on this forum I have learnt so much about Hinduism but there is so much more to learn. The thing about the Gita I love a lot is not to be attached to the fruit of one’s deeds.