• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's the UNIverse but is there....

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
We're currently attempting to observe other universes, be it by gravity or otherwise.

I kind of hope Rob Bryanton's ideas about an omniverse in ten dimensions is a reality.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I just finished watching the Futurama episode with the parallel universe, heres the link: The Farnsworth Parabox - Futurama - Season 4- Ep. 15 - Full Episode | Comedy Central

Cool, that was interesting and funny of course :D

I like their idea of when the universe dies the universe will go through the same thing and all, I don't see why not, I used to believe something similar but was more focused on reliving your same exact life after you die forever :D

But yeah, that was cool. Thanks.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I was trying to find the Futurama clip where they travel to the edge of the universe and can see into the parallel cowboy universe, but no luck. Futurama rocks! Did you watch the other episodes they have posted on comedy central? Hilarious stuff. :D

I'm not a big fan of the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, although it does seem to be gaining quite a following amongst physicists in respected universities. Doesn't seem necessary to postulate the existence of an infinity of other realities just to describe the one we experience.

Gjallahorn: Do you know how they're attempting to make these observations? I'm curious how they would differentiate the effects of another universe on ours from some phenomena within our own universe. String theorists need ten dimensions to salvage their dubious hypothesis/"theory", but there comes a point where its simpler to just scrap the whole string idea and pursue other avenues. People like Copernicus, Galileo, and Kepler could have continued to expand the whole geocentric model of the solar system by increasing the complexity of epicycles and adding in new complex ideas, but at some point its sometimes simpler to just change the way you think about the data.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I was trying to find the Futurama clip where they travel to the edge of the universe and can see into the parallel cowboy universe, but no luck. Futurama rocks! Did you watch the other episodes they have posted on comedy central? Hilarious stuff. :D

I'm not a big fan of the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, although it does seem to be gaining quite a following amongst physicists in respected universities. Doesn't seem necessary to postulate the existence of an infinity of other realities just to describe the one we experience.

I've seen them before, but that was long ago.

I agree, but it would be fun, would it not? :D