• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There Is So Much More!

ladytex2

January 24. 2008

There Is So Much More!

An ever-increasing realization of who we are is edging its way into my consciousness. I am a Christian! I believe in One True God, and I believe in one True Savior, Jesus Christ! What I am "now" having a problem with (at this stage of life) is the FACT that WE (as a whole, as a people) have possibly been deliberately misled by our so-called religious leaders, by being led to believe half-truths that forced us into enslaved, fearful living, "guild-ridden" lives – and for the sole purpose of controlling us! "Love is the greatest of all things!" What LOVE is there is guilt? What LOVE is there is fear? I find this revelation - VERY disturbing!

Are we all the victims of "The Politics of Religion"?

God is not the author of confusion! God is not the author of deceit! God does not lie! God is ALL knowledge! God is ALL truth! God gave us his WORD so that we might learn the truth! God did not decide to restrict our privilege of the truth by denying our access to it! Man decided what books, works, writings of His – that we should or should not be allowed to read, study, contemplate, etc.

So, who is the flesh working for? Who else, the one we call satan! Who is satan? I believe he could be a god in his own right, a lesser god. Not THE God, but a god. He could be the fallen Arch Angel, one of the One True God's creations. Whoever he is - he is not our friend! I believe he holds his place of power, rather than being with God, because of his rebellious nature, his lack of love for all things good, for his indiscretions! He is responsible for the weakness of the flesh! He is responsible for the lies of the flesh, for the deceit of the flesh, for the confusion of the flesh! He is responsible for the downfall, and continued unrest, fear and loathing afflicting the flesh! He is controlling the flesh through church leaders – he himself may have put in place! The church that the world, the flesh calls God’s church, is not, I firmly believe – the One True God’s Church! Not all of them and Not as God intended!

What better way to control the masses, than to convolute and distort the One True God’s words, meanings and message – if not through control of His own "supposed" church and followers? God is NOT oppression!

Therefore, am I supposed to continue to believe a sect of people, namely our religious leaders, who have willfully lied to us, misled us, fed us half-truths and denied us access to ALL of God’s message - by way of ALL ancient religious text, for thousands of years? NO!

It is my belief that God gave HIS message to the ancients, and that being of the flesh – those ancients saw an opportunity to enslave us through guilt! Seeing this, God sent us Jesus – to free us! But the ancient flesh wouldn’t have it, couldn’t have – or their reign of power, through terror filled control – would end!

"Many are called, few are chosen." What does this really mean? Are we to believe that all the preachers in all the pulpits in all the world are the chosen, and the rest of us are less than chosen? What if the "many are called" are the masses who attend church, but have no understanding? What if the "few are chosen" are the so-called rebellious, truth seekers – shot down by conventional religion? I am reminded of the movie "Stigmata"!

"Narrow is the path to Heaven, and broad is the way to Hell." Could it be that the majority of all the people attending all the churches in all the world – have been deceived? Have the masses, the majority of people, including religious leaders, bought into the Lies of the Flesh? Are they the lost? If the few are the ones who seek the Whole Truth, rather than accepting the distortions and lies of the flesh, orchestrated by the flesh for fleshes shake, then the chosen are the few who seek the whole truth and reject the lies of the flesh.

"Whoa be it unto him that leads one of mine astray!" Is this God’s warning to the masses – not the radical truth seekers? Has this message been distorted as another attempt to control the masses, for fleshes shake?

The TRUE word of God has been dissected, watered down, revised to fit the flesh! We've been fed half-truths! I have questions, and by all that is Holy – I demand answers from the so-called Church! I want to know what they know! I want the truth, and I want the ones controlling the truth to get out of truths way. Get out of God’s way, get out of His people’s way! I want the truth - I demand it, and I want it – NOW!!!

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
In every game there's a seeker. Look around the table. If you can't figure out who the seeker is, it must be you.

ladytex2

I feel guilty for seeking the "whole" truth! Whose guilt is it? Who's guilty of causing this feeling in me? Is it wrong to seek a truth that nobody wants to talk about? Does a lack of communication mean - no one knows? Or, is my journey off course because I'm seeking the wrong answers?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Is it wrong to seek a truth that nobody wants to talk about? Does a lack of communication mean - no one knows? Or, is my journey off course because I'm seeking the wrong answers?

There are no wrong answers if you seek long enough. It's the seeking that often counts. :)

Communication is a double-edged sword. Debate and discussion does wonders for personal philosophy, but always revel in the sacred silence.

I feel guilty for seeking the "whole" truth! Whose guilt is it? Who's guilty of causing this feeling in me?

Sounds like you're right on track! :D

ladytex2

Actually, I love the Psalms, they're songs you know. Songs are often sad and depressing, but then, so is life! Yes? Why is it no one wants to discuss the all too obvious - BLANKS? I have so many questions - and literally NO WHERE TO TURN.

Most of my questions are for GOD, and they all begin with - Why? I ask myself - if I had created this Universe/Earth and everything in it - why would I (knowing it would end up so corrupt)? Was GOD not happy in Heaven? Isn't Heaven PERFECCT? Why does HE need us/want us? What is the purpose for all this suffering? What is the point of trial and error, and choices - beyond the obvious?

Did God creat us because He was lonely?

Who didn't explain the "Tree of Life" well enough - God or Adam? And why, after Adam and Eve sinned didn't God just destroy them and start all over (right then), rather than letting them run-a-muck in the earth, creating people who couldn't or "wouldn't" control themselves? I mean - what's it all for? I mean, if my creator told me that if I ate from a certain tree - HE would not be pleased and my life would be a living hell from that day forward - I hope I'd have enough sense to leave it alone. Or, if not, perhaps it's because I would not have understood what "my life would be a living hell from that day forward." And if I didn't understand - whose fault is that? I mean, what basis in fundamental information would I have been working from? We're not even talking about kindergarten level here. And because of their stupidity/innocence - we are all damned to eternal strife?!

I guess that's why God works with us, why Jesus gave His life for us. THEY started this (all of this) so THEY have to find a way to save us. Well, that makes sense. But if GOD is all knowing - why didn't HE know we'd turn out bad? And if HE did know - then why bother? See, I'm right back to my first question - Why?

Maybe all this is a big mistake. Maybe GOD wishes HE could take it all back, but HE can't. Maybe even GOD can't top something that's set in motion - it just has to play out. Maybe that's why HE gave us a way out - Jesus! And, maybe everything mankind has gone through, is going through, will go through - is just part of the play set in motion. And maybe, the reason GOD knows how it will end is because HE's all ready played it out (in HIS mind). HE sees it, saw it - whatever, and that's how Revelation came to be. Man this is deep!

You know, I'm beginning to feel somewhat better - realizing I'm (we're) not just pawns. we're in the middle of something Cosmic that's just got to run it's course, play out. GOD's in the middle of it too! We're all just playing the hands we were dealt!

You know I did read something in Genesis that touched on this very thing – that GOD realized (in essence) that HE’d made a mistake – that’s why HE sent the flood! So, OK, GOD isn’t perfect – who is? Jesus! But only after HE became flesh. WOW!

So, if GOD just IS – and HE is the beginning of all things – then HE wouldn’t have known how unworthy we were of HIS creation – HIS GIFT of life. Maybe HE thought that souls of HIS soul would be worthy, because HIS creation/satan was not?

I’m beginning to feel really sorry for GOD! We, mankind, are every parent’s worst nightmare – only our parent is GOD! GEEEZZZZZ!

crystalonyx

There's really little biblical support for the idea of "satan", the concept developed more in the later evolution of Xianity.

ladytex2

Well, the "narural" world is not geared toward helping seekers (or anyone who doesn't conform) - it's geared toward stipulations, and someone other than you, me, us and we, are never the ones setting the rules of engagement! But mostly, I think, the scales are unfavorably tipped because the underdog is "asleep at the wheel", thereby - allowing it. Yes? We really are our own worst enemies!

doppelganger

I’m beginning to feel really sorry for GOD! We, mankind, are every parent’s worst nightmare – only our parent is GOD! GEEEZZZZZ!
Those are all awesome questions. I can't answer them for you. If I did, you'd be right back where you started.

How would you go about getting answers from "God"?

ladytex2

What is "satan" really – but the essence of evil (all things BAD for mankind, Earth and the Universe) – rather than a word/name? In this respect "satan" is all over the Bible, from the Old Testament to the New. Yes?

ladytex2

I posted this to someone elses query. Perhaps it will explain my delima. (It seems I'm answering my own questions as I go - hummm.)

Actually, I love the Psalms, they’re songs you know. Songs are often sad and depressing, but then, so is life! Why is no one wants to discuss the all too obvious – Blanks? I have so many questions and literally no where to turn, except back to the same text that caused my unrest in the first place.
Most of my questions are for GOD, and they all begin with – Why? I ask myself that if I had created the universe/ the earth why would I knowing it would turn our so corrupt? Was GOD not happy in heaven? Is Heaven not perfect? Why does God need us/what us? What is the purpose for all this suffering? What is the purpose for trial and error, and choices – beyond the obvious?
Did God create us because He was lonely?
Who didn’t explain "The Tree of Life" well enough, God or Adam? And why, after Adam and Eve sinned didn’t God just destroy them right then and start all over - rather than letting them run-a-much in the Earth, creating people who couldn’t or wouldn’t control themselves? I mean, what’s it all for? I mean, if my creator told me that if I ate a certain fruit I would no longer be in his favor and I would suffer living hell from that day forward, I hope I would have sense enough not to eat that fruit. And if I didn’t understand the consequences of my actions – whose fault is that? What basis in fundamental information would I have been working from – kindergarten! So because they were innocent – we are damned to suffer? Well, that makes sense. But if God is all knowing, why didn’t He know things would turn out this way? And if He did know – then why bother? See, I’m right back to my first question – why?
Maybe all this is a just a big mistake. Maybe GOD wished HE could take it all back, but HE can’t. Maybe even GOD can’t stop something - once it’s set in motion – it just has to play out. Maybe that’s why HE gave us a way out – Jesus! And, maybe everything mankind has gone through, is going through and will go through – is just part of the play set in motion. And, maybe the reason GOD knows how it’s gonna end - is because HE’s all ready played it out (in HIS mind) HE sees it, saw it – whatever, and that’s how Revelation came to be? Man this is deep!
You know I’m beginning to feel somewhat better – realizing I’m (we’re) not just pawns, we’re in the middle of something Cosmic that’s just got to run it’s course, play out. God’s in the middle of it too! We’re all just playing the hands we were dealt!
You know I did read something in Genesis that touched on this very thing – that GOD realized (in essence) that HE’d made a mistake – that’s why HE sent the flood! So, OK, GOD isn’t perfect – who is? Jesus! But only after HE became flesh. WOW!
So, if GOD just IS – and HE is the beginning of all things – then HE wouldn’t have known how unworthy we were of HIS creation – HIS GIFT of life. Maybe HE thought that souls of HIS soul would be worthy, because HIS creation/satan was not? I’m beginning to feel really sorry for GOD! We, mankind, are every parent’s worst nightmare – only our parent is GOD! GEEEZZZZZ!

doppelganger

If not by agreeing to what someone else is telling you (the gatekeepers of so-called "truth") where else would you go to get truth?