• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There can be no light without the dark.....right?

look3467

Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467
So with respect to Godly values, there is good and evil.

I agree, but I assure you I am no pithy Christian.>>>Orias

If you mean by "pity" strong, I don't expect you to, neither does God.

If you have sons or daughters, would you force them to love you or would you prefer them to love you because they want to?

So in their wanting to love you, their love becomes strong.

Blessings, AJ

waitasec

Veteran Member

If you have sons or daughters, would you force them to love you or would you prefer them to love you because they want to?

So in their wanting to love you, their love becomes strong.

Blessings, AJ

seems to me that darkness presents an ultimatum

look3467

Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467
Darkness was in the world (Lack of knowledge until Jesus came (Light) to dispel the darkness.

I disgaree.

Historically, the impact of Jesus was more violent than that of the Opposition. In other words, more people were murdered and killed when Jesus appreared. Though of course, times have changed and now most people just don't care.>>>Orias

Mankind has always seen violence and that part is the potential of mankind to do evil.

Now, when Jesus came knowledge of who or what God was, was given to a chosen few, (Abraham, Moses and the prophets, and still not very clear for there came with it the law.

The change of the law from condemnation to grace was a violent one, in the matter of Christ and in the matter of all persecuted believers.

Evil remains an every present potential in mankind and only through God can we survive with a peace of mind in spite of our trials and tribulations.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
seems to me that darkness presents an ultimatum

Absolutely!

Otherwise, spiritually speaking, we'd continue to stumble all over the place and for the duration of time we are here.

Once darkness is dispelled, spiritually speaking, there no longer remains any darkness.

Unless one would desire it again.

Blessings, AJ

Orias

Left Hand Path
Yes, and in looking at it with what....no light?

If you are prowling around in the darkness without a light, to stand to stumble all over the place, but if you have a flash light, you could see where you are going.

And yes, we are born to die.

Blessings, AJ

If you looked at darkness with light then it wouldn't be darkness, if you put the light of a flashlight on an area then it is no longer dark.

That is why there is a verse addressing just that issue:

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

That verse has several applications but on this note it applies to our being sober (Not Drunk with all winds of doctrines) and vigilant to watch carefully.

Blessings, AJ

Drunk with all winds of doctrines, I find it ironic that a Christian of all people would say such a thing.

Do we not see this over and over again everyday?

If a brother commits and act of murder, do we not have laws in place to prosecute?

Had that brother adhere to the light, knowledge of the love of God, a murder would have been prevented and cursing (Consequences would not be following)

Blessings, AJ

This is not true, what law can justify two teenagers who murder 21 people, what good does persecution do if the end result is an extended life time with free room and board?

Sure, had that brother adhered to the "light" or "darkness" of God such a murder would of been prevented. But the same could be said if the person of topic possessed such knowledge of God, the murder may have been that all much easier.

By pithy I mean strong as in forced and brief. Fear is used to gain understanding which is where the "breif" part comes in, pithed or the root of self substantiation becomes second to that of the "higher" belief or "God".

If I had sons or daughters I would prefer neither, as my love towards them is all that would matter in my development as well as theirs. If they were in disdain then it would hurt, but it would not mean an end result in my compassion towards them.

This is a bit confusing, since it is my understanding that your God used fear to gain control of our early ancestors, then used love to captivate their minds.

If I loved a slave, I am sure the slave would still not want to be a slave, even though I loved them because they are a slave.

I'm not getting anywhere though with this, so instead of responding immediatly I would take some time to reflect upon this and apply it to YOUR individual self.

So I will no longer continue, since I do not wish to obscure the main points I have provided.

Best regards and Xeper

Last edited:

glyphkenn

Yes it does sound as you describe it. Not knowing and having some understanding of the works of God in behalf of mankind, one would be hard pressed to believe that God is a loving God.

I can only testify in and of my own life's experience that God is in deed not as we paint Him. But rather the opposite of and in which Jesus testified of just who God is.

If, Jesus as God's Son, and if believed to have God's power of attorney and yet not lift a finger to His oppressors is testimony to the love of God.

May I quote the following verse: Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Jesus just forgave His oppresses.

So, take the story of the wilderness in a different take, and that is of our walking with God in the wilderness as did the Israelite's, and be guided by the whirlwind of God's light towards the promised land.

And when it speaks of killing all, relate to that of killing all possibilities of evil potential as we journey through the wilderness.

I don't expect immediate understanding on what I said, but in time, as I answer questions posed, some light might be shed on it.

Blessings, AJ

Jesus was a moral thinker like me. Maybe. He was one of many moral thinkers at the time. Even though none of his teachings were original they were special. The council that decided to take those specific books and and put them together, and call it the word of God did us all a disservice . The rest of the bible is nothing but bigoted ,racist,elitist ,oppressive to women , crap. Then in the middle of all that crap, they put Jesus' teachings and story. Jesus' teaching almost seen far eastern . Had the left Jesus out , we would see that book for the murder coddling ,hate promoting pile it is. Jesus never said He was God the Sanhedrin council decided to run with that theory over a ton of others.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
I don't know about anyone else,
but my deepest meditation, contemplation, relaxation,
rest and physical healing
all takes place in darkness.
Eyes closed in a quiet black room.
Usually reclined.
Sometimes sitting upright in a more traditional
position for meditation.

The dark is such a wonderful/wonder filled place.
I can't understand why it gets such a bad rap.

look3467

Premium Member
Usually reclined.
position for meditation.

I can't understand why it gets such a bad rap.[/QUOTE

The dasrkness of which you speak is not of a lack of knowledged but of darkness as in a dark room.

Blessings, AJ

Orias

Left Hand Path
Usually reclined.
position for meditation.

Because people are to fearful to conquer their fears.

As a small child I often sat up at night stared into the darkness while at the same time hearing the soft sounds of the country side. The city is a rather annoying place :rainbow1:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Usually reclined.
position for meditation.

The light is what sustains life. We are able heal back up in the darkness when everything is calmer but we still have to come back to the light. We need light to charge our batteries.

look3467

Premium Member
If you looked at darkness with light then it wouldn't be darkness, if you put the light of a flashlight on an area then it is no longer dark.>>>Orias

Pretty much that's the way it is.

The point is that light dispels darkness and not the other way around.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Drunk with all winds of doctrines, I find it ironic that a Christian of all people would say such a thing.>>>Orias

That has been a Christian guard against doctrine for as far as I can remember.

A shallow stream can easily be diverted while a deep and wide river can't.

If we are well grounded in the word of God we are as the river.

But if we are as the stream, well, it could be that we could fall prey to doctrines not in our best interest.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
The light is what sustains life. We are able heal back up in the darkness when everything is calmer but we still have to come back to the light. We need light to charge our batteries.

That's a good analogy if darkness is a place for self analysis.

In my case, God is my light and in which I am no longer in the dark about Him.

I am in the light and will remain there.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
This is not true, what law can justify two teenagers who murder 21 people, what good does persecution do if the end result is an extended life time with free room and board?>>>Orias

Not God's fault but our own justice system.

Blessings, AJ

XionComrade

In my studies of channeled messages(Newer prophecies, religious teachings, what have you) what I have gathered so far, according to them, is that there is a Positive and a Negative. The positive is centered around service to others(Such teachings/religions as the ones given by Jesus, Mohammad, The Prophets, etc) a sort of total selflessness(typically results in a completely free and equal society). The Negative being Service to Self, total selfishness(IE Empires, tyranny, domination). The Negative isn't always evil but is always the aggressor, and the two sides were brought about by the creator, the way I see it, so that they could propel each other/work together in a sort of spiritual evolution. The two sides work together for the better of the other, whether they realize it or not tbh. This planet is a Service to Others oriented one by birth(it was created that way), so our experience with the other side is terrible at best. At least that is what I gather so far, much longer to go I do have! More to it than this, but it will be years before I can satisfactorily wrap it all up, the New messages with the Old(Bible, Prophets, Qu'ran, etc...) They all go together almost perfectly from what I see to form one massive picture/Religion.

I should note, for those of us that study the extraterrestrial phenomena, the ones known as the "Greys" are typically negative, teaching messages of fear and despair and responsible for the abduction phenomena, a sort of physical and psychological torture. To my understanding these are in fact(Typically) demonic spirits(As the people in ancient times understood it), they are actually from a higher dimension/density than ours and hell bent of dissolving our well being and preventing us from worshiping our Creator/being free. They are not biological beings, but can take on a physical form, and all they ever do is lie. There are other "Aliens" that are in this manner, physical appearance does not matter in reality. They come from BOTH another planet and another (Deeper)dimension at the same time.

The "Angels" however will not appear but in visions, a sort of conscious projection, for fear of encroaching on humanity's free will. They teach messages of Love and Compassion, they do not lie, but they are much more difficult to deal with. The Angels will, from my experience, profess Christ in the flesh(But nothing more that fits into the Church's own Dogma, have yet to come across a message that contradicts scripture though), the "Demons" will not, they will either avoid the answer all together, make up any other story, leave, or just get really mad. I don't know why, and I do think that some of the "Demons" will profess him in the flesh, just have never encountered such a thing. I think the Apostles knew all to well about these experiences, knew much more than any of us do today. Dead again I really don't know what a Demon is, it is just my interpretation that there is a connection. All of these things are just those that I have put together in my journey through life, I don't know if I am right or not, but hopefully it gives you something to ponder :D Most of it comes from The Law of One, and LandL Researches works, as well as various other places.

Last edited:

look3467

Premium Member
Jesus was a moral thinker like me. Maybe. He was one of many moral thinkers at the time. Even though none of his teachings were original they were special. The council that decided to take those specific books and and put them together, and call it the word of God did us all a disservice . The rest of the bible is nothing but bigoted ,racist,elitist ,oppressive to women , crap. Then in the middle of all that crap, they put Jesus' teachings and story. Jesus' teaching almost seen far eastern . Had the left Jesus out , we would see that book for the murder coddling ,hate promoting pile it is. Jesus never said He was God the Sanhedrin council decided to run with that theory over a ton of others.

Jesus is as a second Adam and the second Adam.

Flesh, son of man by body and Son of God in Spirit.

As for us, we are all son of man, hence the problem.

By Jesus being a new type of Adam, not as the old man Adam which was condemned to eternal separation, but a new Adam with life.

So, if we in our old dead Adam state, are renewed in the new Adams' life, then we become as like Jesus, born again by resurrection from the dead state.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
so then god forces decisions
why did you say:
can you explain this in practical terms?

God places in our paths obstacles which motivates us to turn, jump over, go under or not cross it at all for the purpose of shaping and molding us to a better people.

The example I gave of forced to love or voluntary is simply saying that love generated from the heart is genuine and not the same as requiring/demanding love.

When we seek God we seek Him from the heart and in spirit.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
In my studies of channeled messages(Newer prophecies, religious teachings, what have you) what I have gathered so far, according to them, is that there is a Positive and a Negative. The positive is centered around service to others(Such teachings/religions as the ones given by Jesus, Mohammad, The Prophets, etc) a sort of total selflessness(typically results in a completely free and equal society). The Negative being Service to Self, total selfishness(IE Empires, tyranny, domination). The Negative isn't always evil but is always the aggressor, and the two sides were brought about by the creator, the way I see it, so that they could propel each other/work together in a sort of spiritual evolution. The two sides work together for the better of the other, whether they realize it or not tbh. This planet is a Service to Others oriented one by birth(it was created that way), so our experience with the other side is terrible at best. At least that is what I gather so far, much longer to go I do have! More to it than this, but it will be years before I can satisfactorily wrap it all up, the New messages with the Old(Bible, Prophets, Qu'ran, etc...) They all go together almost perfectly from what I see to form one massive picture/Religion.

That is the jest of it all.

The point of our creation was to create sons, meaning souls that live on after the body has expired, but not before passing through this time zone.

If terrestrial things interest you, that's fine.

That doesn't change God in any way shape or form.

The big picture is this:

1st Adam was made flesh to become its own god. The problem with that is that separation (dead)was a resultant by product of it.

So, God had to correct that in a second Adam, this time one with live.

So, anybody in Christ becomes as like a second Ada

Blessings, AJ

I should note, for those of us that study the extraterrestrial phenomena, the ones known as the "Greys" are typically negative, teaching messages of fear and despair and responsible for the abduction phenomena, a sort of physical and psychological torture. To my understanding these are in fact(Typically) demonic spirits(As the people in ancient times understood it), they are actually from a higher dimension/density than ours and hell bent of dissolving our well being and preventing us from worshiping our Creator/being free. They are not biological beings, but can take on a physical form, and all they ever do is lie. There are other "Aliens" that are in this manner, physical appearance does not matter in reality. They come from BOTH another planet and another (Deeper)dimension at the same time.

The "Angels" however will not appear but in visions, a sort of conscious projection, for fear of encroaching on humanity's free will. They teach messages of Love and Compassion, they do not lie, but they are much more difficult to deal with. The Angels will, from my experience, profess Christ in the flesh(But nothing more that fits into the Church's own Dogma, have yet to come across a message that contradicts scripture though), the "Demons" will not, they will either avoid the answer all together, make up any other story, leave, or just get really mad. I don't know why, and I do think that some of the "Demons" will profess him in the flesh, just have never encountered such a thing. I think the Apostles knew all to well about these experiences, knew much more than any of us do today.

waitasec

Veteran Member
The example I gave of forced to love or voluntary is simply saying that love generated from the heart is genuine and not the same as requiring/demanding love.

When we seek God we seek Him from the heart and in spirit.

Blessings, AJ

but then why doesn't the same apply to god...? isn't that a double standard?
if love is genuine...yet god places obstacles which motivates us...isn't that forcing us? think of your own child who is coming of age and is now beginning to think for him self... are you going to set up a situation that would make them think, you have the answer or would you rather have them come up with it them self? if my son had learned, the hard way, that treating others the way he likes to be treated, i wouldn't trade his experience into something i would take credit for...because it is his lesson to learn from...not mine :cool: